8 wins- here is how

JACK8254

Probable wins- SC, Sou Miss,Mo, Vandy. makes 7 Toss ups- Ky, LSU, got a chance - The Dawgs, No way in heck- Bama If we hold serve, only need to win 1 of the last 4 listed to get to 8-4. 8-4 was the consensus before this fall. If you maniacs want to run Butch off-go ahead- I understand why u feel that way. BUT, be careful , LSU fired Miles last year, offered 6.6 Million to Jimbo Fisher and ended up with Coach O . Gilt-edged coaches dont want the LSU job because the fans are totally unreasonable( Miles won what 2-3 national tittles and theystill were not happy). LSU , most people would consider is a better job than UT because of all the local talent dying to wear Purple & Gold. Even so, they treated the offer like it would give them leprosy . Beware of what u wish 4 my amigos.

Reactions: 4 people
Probable wins- SC, Sou Miss,Mo, Vandy. makes 7 Toss ups- Ky, LSU, got a chance - The Dawgs, No way in heck- Bama If we hold serve, only need to win 1 of the last 4 listed to get to 8-4. 8-4 was the consensus before this fall. If you maniacs want to run Butch off-go ahead- I understand why u feel that way. BUT, be careful , LSU fired Miles last year, offered 6.6 Million to Jimbo Fisher and ended up with Coach O . Gilt-edged coaches dont want the LSU job because the fans are totally unreasonable( Miles won what 2-3 national tittles and theystill were not happy). LSU , most people would consider is a better job than UT because of all the local talent dying to wear Purple & Gold. Even so, they treated the offer like it would give them leprosy . Beware of what u wish 4 my amigos.

Pretty sure everyone on the flip side thinks the same way about the schedule. Only question is can someone else help us rise above mediocrity or should we sit in it and avoid the risk.

How many titles does Butch have again? Would firing a coach with a losing record in the conference after 5 season seem unreasonable?

Pretty sure everyone on the flip side thinks the same way about the schedule. Only question is can someone else help us rise above mediocrity or should we sit in it and avoid the risk.

I change my mind every week as to whether to change or not. IMO, if he was gonna win the EAST, we would have seen by now.

Reactions: 1 person
How many titles does Butch have again? Would firing a coach with a losing record in the conference after 5 season seem unreasonable?

only because the program was at a 100 year low ( it was) when he took over. I dont necessarily agree. Some coaches are afraid of the strong teams in the SEC.

I change my mind every week as to whether to change or not. IMO, if he was gonna win the EAST, we would have seen by now.

You and me both brother. I want so bad for him to succeed. I completely understand giving people room to grow. Lord knows I need it. But...repeating mistakes is a reflection on the individual.

Most all of us want Butch to succeed, but cmon Butch take the day. Goals still in tact, but we look like a 7 win team, at best. Get it together. Give us a product on the field we can get behind!

That fact that we have a "how to get to 8 wins" thread in year 5 should tell you everything you need to know about the state of the program.

Reactions: 3 people

I first started watching the Vols in 1978. On the average, since 1978, the Vols are an 8 or 9 win team. I say 8 or 9 because we used to only play 11 games then came 12 games, then came the SECCG,which is 13 possible games.
I expect the Vols to win 8 games per season and get a bowl win to give us 9 wins per season.
I also expect to have some players in the top of the NFL draft each season.
Other than that is a plus and anything less than that is a minus. Of course occasionally, we will get lucky and get a team that doesn't have a lot of injuries and we have a favorable schedule and we manage to go to the SECCG or a major bowl game......
Remember we have 13 other teams in the SEC to compete for a championship with and over 100 teams to compete against for a national championship....

You do know UK has only beaten us one time since 84 right.

Probable win : SoMiss
Toss ups: SC, Mo, Vandy, Ky and LSU
Likely losses: Ga, Ala

So, to go 8-4, he will have to go 4-1 against the toss ups. Considering that LSU is on that list, he will have to be almost perfect. I have seen nothing from this team or staff to remotely suggest that it will happen.

Can it happen: of course
Is it likely: not at all

I first started watching the Vols in 1978. On the average, since 1978, the Vols are an 8 or 9 win team. I say 8 or 9 because we used to only play 11 games then came 12 games, then came the SECCG,which is 13 possible games.
I expect the Vols to win 8 games per season and get a bowl win to give us 9 wins per season.
I also expect to have some players in the top of the NFL draft each season.
Other than that is a plus and anything less than that is a minus. Of course occasionally, we will get lucky and get a team that doesn't have a lot of injuries and we have a favorable schedule and we manage to go to the SECCG or a major bowl game......
Remember we have 13 other teams in the SEC to compete for a championship with and over 100 teams to compete against for a national championship....

You re not competing with 13 teams for the conference.

UTs luck has been that their divison has sucked for half a decade, and they have yet to take advantage of it.

Hey I surely think 8 is possible, but as of right now the only games that should be "probable" are the MO and S Miss games. I really think Tennessee could/will win 2 of the 4 toss up games; however things will change over the next 3 weeks......we will see where Tennessee is and really where KY, Vandy, SC, and LSU are.

only because the program was at a 100 year low ( it was) when he took over. I dont necessarily agree. Some coaches are afraid of the strong teams in the SEC.

In his tenure both UGA and UF have been so bad they have fired their coaches. The division has been so bad that Mizzou has won it twice.

He was hired in the perfect time to come in have have near immediate success with a down division and a team with NFL talent.

lost me at probable wins.

If is a BIG word, team 121 won't smell 8 wins....5 or 6 is more like it

Ok, here is my wins. SoMiss, Mo.

Here are my losses. Georgia, Bama

Likely losses. Kentucky (Becuase we play them on the road the week after Bama)

Toss Up's - LSU, USCe, Vandy.

Sorry, But I am seeing 7-5 or 6-6 at best. Not sure what that does to Butch. I think 8 wins in the regular season and he stays.

Butch thought needs to see the writing on the wall. Win the next 3 games and no hot seat anymore. Lose 2 of the next 3 and even with 8 wins apathy is here. No excitement going into next season.

VN Store

Back