I think GA gets the wrath of TN !!

volmandu

So yes we played horribly against a 0-4, barely FBS team. But that is result of how we werent focused enough and probably were already thinking ahead. That is totally on coaches and players.
However, this team isn't that bad. They played and beat a really decent GTech team to OT. They also lost to Florida by a play. That doesn't say they are world beaters but also says they are in the mix of average SEC teams.

With fans and Volantion upset and divided, it can only go two ways from here:

a) Team gives up on Butch Jones. We see a unspirited TN team taking field in Neyland next week that gets steamrolled by GA. Downhill from there.

b) Team gets focused and united. They play hard for their team and Coach. They play angry and GA feels the wrath.

I am thinking option b. Mostly because of what happended when we were at crossroads in 2015. Team had just lost games to FL and OK in most heartbreaking fashion and then loss to Arkansas complicated the situation for Butch. He was coaching that GA game for his job. His team played with superior spirit there and we sneaked a close one against a GA team that was much better than us.

Which team do you think will show up ?

Reactions: 3 people
All we can do is hope they finally take out all this aggression on someone and show us how good we all know Tennessee can be. I know we give Butch a hard time, I definitely do my fair share, but there is a point where the players need to step up and win their one on one battles and make the difference in the game. We are a much more talented team than we have shown early on this season. Go Vols!

Reactions: 4 people
People really thought Vandy would finally be able to play with Bama....especially given Bama's performance vs CSU.........did you guys see the Vandy, Bama game? I promise GA will be looking to do the same thing.

Tennessee has the talent to play with (if not even beat) GA......but the coaching over the past several games would leave anyone scratching their head. That said I highly doubt we can beat a good team with the coaching we have. How many GOOD teams has Butch ever coached Tennessee to a win against (and some of those had more/better talent....as what he has now is not being developed well)?

I sure hope they play with more energy than this past Saturday. The one thing that most would agree on, even the negavols, is that in spite of questionable coaching etc the players have continued to play hard for their coaching staff. With that being said, and after coaching 20 years on the high school level/collegiate level, if you lose your players you lose your program. So as I sat there in Neyland Saturday I was thinking is the beginning of the end? I sure hope not but time will tell and Saturday will be a big indicator if the players have quit playing for their man. Time will tell as well as effort. Go Vols

You know you saw this Tennessee team and what it could be versus Florida. John Kelly had said screw everything I'm going to take this team on my back and carry us to victory. The Oline responded, was opening up holes, Kelly was running through Florida. And then our coaching staff decided on the one that we'd say screw all that noise, let's instead put it on our young QB on the road versus an sec opponent. And that is the moment Butch Jones lost this team and lost his job.

Reactions: 4 people
Yeah...This UGA team is pissed off about last year and will most likely come out looking for blood and they most likely will get it in buckets...We don't have Dobbs to bail us out anymore...This could get ugly quick.

Reactions: 2 people
They just beat the piss out of a much better QB on a much better team. Mississippi state looked like a JV squad.

Tennessee is about to be fed into a wood chipper.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't know what point spread is and know Butch has team prepared playing UGA every year but UGA will easily cover spread... Butch has lost team!

Why don't all you folks show up and make Neyland loud and put your energy behind these players??

Or are you too invested in the 'fire the coach' campaign that you are afraid if you do, we will win the game?

Reactions: 11 people
write this down for next Saturday
ut 28
ga 20
but only if ut gets behind by 10 points.

UGA has 4 running backs and a decent oline, our defensive front 7 is soft and slow. They got pushed around by UMASS yesterday, it's going to get ugly

I don't know what point spread is and know Butch has team prepared playing UGA every year but UGA will easily cover spread... Butch has lost team!

You said "Butch has lost team".......
List facts proving your point or STHU........:salute:

(Disclaimer...I am not on the CBJ bandwagon as of yesterday and am being sincere when I ask)

Tickets getting cheaper on 2end hand sights ! Go Vols! Fans shake the stadium! Non stop except when we got the ball lol

Wrath of our horrid offense ? Not sure what wrath we can bring to the table.... if we can’t bring it to Umass a b-ball school....

VN Store

Back