Found an article on Dooley

TNJOKER

Michael Wayne Bratton was the author and it was written in 2016. He interviewed Dooley on his time in Knoxville and the mistakes that had been made in his tenure.

Dooley owned a lot of the mistakes that HE made as a coach.. talks about the 01 SEC championship game and his roll as sabans assistant at LSU.

Really great read.

Sad when Dooley confesses of his crimes and butch rolls the bus on his coordinating and players .. either that or he takes a small blame and then rail roads everyone else for 10 minutes.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/t...dooley-reminisces-clay-travis-time-tennessee/

May have been posted awhile back. Thought I would share again.

Michael Wayne Bratton was the author and it was written in 2016. He interviewed Dooley on his time in Knoxville and the mistakes that had been made in his tenure.

Dooley owned a lot of the mistakes that HE made as a coach.. talks about the 01 SEC championship game and his roll as sabans assistant at LSU.

Really great read.

Sad when Dooley confesses of his crimes and butch rolls the bus on his coordinating and players .. either that or he takes a small blame and then rail roads everyone else for 10 minutes.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/t...dooley-reminisces-clay-travis-time-tennessee/

Just FYI when Dooley was our coach he blamed everyone else but himself. Mostly players. Just because he was interviewed and owned up to his mistakes after being coached does not get him off the hook for being terrible at owning up to his mistakes.

Reactions: 8 people
Just FYI when Dooley was our coach he blamed everyone else but himself. Mostly players. Just because he was interviewed and owned up to his mistakes after being coached does not get him off the hook for being terrible at owning up to his mistakes.

Crazy what time can do to a fella. Regardless, he was still a trash hire.

Reactions: 2 people

This x1000. He even threw Smoky under the bus.

He was dealt an almost impossible situation. I do believe he did some things considerably better than butch. But the arrogance and lack of work ethic commitment will never work in the sec.

I am convinced that if Tennessee does not open the check book.. UT won't ever be a top tier team.

Friend of mine claims he saw a shot of Witten yelling at DD on the sideline.

Friend is pretty reliable. Anyone see that?

I am convinced that if Tennessee does not open the check book.. UT won't ever be a top tier team.

They are getting ready to make a big payout to buy out Butch Jones contract, along with the assistants. The recruits are more than likely gone and UT will hire another coach who will never be able to bring top players in here because of a bunch of whiny fans. Four years from now we will do this all over again. It's happening in every sport, both men and women.

Hey I found this picture of Dooley!

25q6mv9.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
They are getting ready to make a big payout to buy out Butch Jones contract, along with the assistants. The recruits are more than likely gone and UT will hire another coach who will never be able to bring top players in here because of a bunch of whiny fans. Four years from now we will do this all over again. It's happening in every sport, both men and women.

Why so pessimistic? What if we hire Justin fuente or Gary Patterson? Those guys are absolutely amazing coaches. And top talent won't come here? Huh? They're here now. We've almost always been able to attract top 10 talent and that will continue. We just need a good coach everyone can get behind

Couldn't of said it better. As of now there are no top tier coaches out there, some good ones but not top shelf. Chances are eight the revolving door we are installing it would have to be a perfect storm to get a proven coach to come here.

You are really blaming the fan's who expect a man making MILLIONS each year to do his job?

Wow...talk about an extremely unrealistic point of view.

Really great read.

Why would you be looking for an article on Dooley?

Really great read.

Two questions.

Why did you post this?

And

Why is it still in the FF?

VN Store

Back