Team 121 Leadership

photovol

Apparently the Vols haven't been able to replace the leaders from team 120, like Jalen Reeves Mabin, Cam Sutton, Josh Dobbs, Alvin Kamara, and more.

Will someone other than John Kelly and Kendall Vickers step up and lead team 121, the Vols certainly need leaders.

Last edited:
WAY overstated importance when relating to "rah-rah" game day cheer leaders. The leaders that make a difference are those who push others in practice and the weight room.

This excuse is run out to disguise other problems... like poor preparation, poor playcalling, poor personnel decisions, poor leadership by a coach....

Reactions: 3 people
WAY overstated importance when relating to "rah-rah" game day cheer leaders. The leaders that make a difference are those who push others in practice and the weight room.

This excuse is run out to disguise other problems... like poor preparation, poor playcalling, poor personnel decisions, poor leadership by a coach....

You still need leaders in the locker room and I'm not sure who those guys are at this point in the season.

If we have them, now would be a good time to assert themselves.

Reactions: 4 people

Well stated

And I'm not taking about real rah rah.... I'm taking about accountability.

There's no one on that team holding each other accountable

Reactions: 2 people
Over the locker room is the "I'll give my all for Tennessee Today"

More players than not, obviously ignored or failed to adhere to the famous BoB Neyland, I"ll give my all for Tennessee today promise

I posted a concern in another thread over the lack of leadership and lack of team captains.

Why don't we have at least 2 guys who are permanent team captains? I'm cool with rotating seniors through the other two spots, but 2 elected captains would help with having a leader to look up too.

Great athletes can't win if they aren't lead properly so everyone knows their role and is held accountable. Great athletes also can't win if they coach doesn't play them enough (Byrd cough cough), but that's another thread.

Apparently the Vols haven't been able to replace the leaders from team 120, like Jalen Reeves Mabin, Cam Sutton, Josh Dobbs, Alvin Kamara, and more.

Will someone other than John Kelly and Kendall Vickers step up and lead team 121, the Vols certainly leaders.

Some guys lead by example (Dobbs)...and that's OK too. Right now, we need play makers, and four games in, it looks like we have one who shows up every week.

We always hear that it's like one big family, but where are the leaders. Games are one at the LOS, if you give away the LOS you give away your chances. We have to play better at the LOS or we are will get our arse handed to us. GBO!!!!

Last edited:
Would have been interesting to see him get PT, for sure. In reality, he could have snagged the starting job, because as of right now, we're challenged at QB.

I was thinking the same thing. Sherion gave up too soon. The qb job is begging for someone to step up and prove they are an SEC ballplayer. Jones could be no worse than the duo playing now and he likely had more upside.

Reactions: 1 person

Will someone other than John Kelly and Kendall Vickers step up and lead team 121, the Vols certainly leaders.

The team is limited by the inadequacies of their head coach.

Juan Jennings and Kirkland were going to fill those shoes, not sure what they are doing now that they are out for season. Gaulden, McKenzie, Jashon, Kelly need to pick up the slack for them not being there. If they put Bituli as starter maybe he starts the accountablity? Maybe Vickers?

Will someone other than John Kelly and Kendall Vickers step up and lead team 121, the Vols certainly need leaders.

Leaders lead by example, so far it's John Kelly.

Jennings and Kirkland were suppose to be those guys. It's hard to replace ALL SEC caliber players with guys like Colton Jumper and unproven receivers. It's a shame they got injured but look at it this way, they get to red shirt at least.

Reactions: 1 person
We have some old heads in the OL but none who show leadership.
Some of those old heads on the OL are just there for the degree these days. They're burned out, have no intention of playing football beyond UT, and they play like it.

Butch and staff are alway prepared. Play calling is a matter of opinion. I'll trust theirs over yours. Personnel decisions are again a matter of opinion. I'll trust the guy at practice who's is grading players. Butch isn't a poor leader. He gets kids to play when their down and quitting would be easier.

Starts at the top. CBJ can't shoot his wad on uncalled for qb controversy and losing to teams like uscjr vandy and uf ....bad leadership .

Over the locker room is the "I'll give my all for Tennessee Today"

More players than not, obviously ignored or failed to adhere to the famous BoB Neyland, I"ll give my all for Tennessee today promise

Maybe they are struggling with the big words Reading comprehension you know. Or it's not on their electronic device.

VN Store

Back