Let's ask the real question. Who left do we beat?

volberry

1. UGA
2. Bama
3. LSU
4. USCe

I'm stopping right there. We won't beat Bama so that's 2 sec losses. If we lose to UGA the east is lost yet again.

Missouri, Southern Miss maybe and Vandy would get us a bowl game somewhere. Right now I think were striving for a .500 record.

Southern Miss should be a win, so that means we're looking for 2 wins between South Carolina, Missouri, Kentucky, and Vanderbilt.

BS. We can beat USC, UK, Mizz, Southern Miss, Vandy. I have no doubt we can win these games.

Frankly I think we can beat LSU. Bama no way. Dawgs - need another Dobbnail.

Look - I think its realistic this team goes 9-3 or 7-5. What I dont understand is this: almost everyone and their granny said the Vols were a 7.5 - 5.5 team this year. EVERYONE!!

All of sudden when we start playing and winning like a 7-5 team all hell breaks loose? I mean what did you guys expect this year? Serious? I expected 8-4 based on loss of talent to the NFL! And now with our best OFF and DEF players out for the seasons after 1-2 games, 8-4 might be a great coaching job.

I just dont get this fanbase. You expect 8-4 or 7-5 and when you start to get it, you are all pissed off.

Reactions: 11 people
Southern Miss should be a win, so that means we're looking for 2 wins between South Carolina, Missouri, Kentucky, and Vanderbilt.

Mizzou is a victory so that's 5. But yes the other 3 are a complete toss up!! So no better than 8-4 but looks like 6-6 7-5 again?

BS. We can beat USC, UK, Mizz, Southern Miss, Vandy. I have no doubt we can win these games.

Look - I think its realistic this team goes 9-3 or 7-5. What I dont understand is this: almost everyone and their granny said the Vols were a 7.5 - 5.5 team this year. EVERYONE!!

All of sudden when we start playing and winning like a 7-5 team all hell breaks loose? I mean what did you guys expect this year? Serious? I expected 8-4 based on loss of talent to the NFL! And now with our best OFF and DEF players out for the seasons after 1-2 games, 8-4 might be a great coaching job.

I just dont get this fanbase. You expect 8-4 or 7-5 and when you start to get it, you are all pissed off.

Because after 5 years we all expect progress! Why is UK, Vandy, and USC able to upgrade after a couple of years and we can't? We should only be concerned with UF, and UGA in the east.

Reactions: 1 person
Because after 5 years we all expect progress! Why is UK, Vandy, and USC able to upgrade after a couple of years and we can't? We should only be concerned with UF, and UGA in the east.

OK. What did YOU expect this team to do this year? And why? Just answer that for me and we can go from there.

And BTW what the hell have these teams done that is so "upgrade" or good?

Look I am pissed too. But Jones went from 5 wins to 7 to 9 and then again 9. Not sure about you but if charted that in Excel, it would be a nice looking chart? Could it be better? Of course but coming off the disaster that was Dools and Kiff - that is progress. My God!

Based on what I've seen do far, we beat Mizzout and Southern Miss. LSU is a possible W..everything else is a loss.

All of sudden when we start playing and winning like a 7-5 team all hell breaks loose? I mean what did you guys expect this year? Serious?

Lol, I've said pretty much the same things several times, and always get nothing but BS. They'll get mad if you call them out individually too. :)

And BTW what the hell have these teams done that is so "upgrade" or good?

Look I am pissed too. But Jones went from 5 wins to 7 to 9 and then again 9. Not sure about you but if charted that in Excel, it would be a nice looking chart? Could it be better? Of course but coming off the disaster that was Dools and Kiff - that is progress. My God!

UK is on the upswing and so is Vandy. It's obvious. There is no way These teams should look as good as us or even better when they don't have the resources we have. Vandy has just as many big wins the last two years as we do. Including beating us. UK has beaten USCe and we haven't even when we're better. They had UF beat. Those programs are legit 7 win teams. They have historically been 3-9 teams. We don't even know where we are.

OK. What did YOU expect this team to do this year? And why? Just answer that for me and we can go from there.

I expect a program that is consistent and not have a fluke win or one season that defines them then go back down. We're not Miss State. We should know we're at least a 9 win team.

The way we are losing, and quite frankly even the way we are winning just has a lot of people concerned. Especially watching the rapid improvement of teams like Georgia under Smart and USCjr under Muschamp. Meanwhile, its year 5 and we still don't know when to run the ball.

The way we are losing, and quite frankly even the way we are winning just has a lot of people concerned. Especially watching the rapid improvement of teams like Georgia under Smart and USCjr under Muschamp. Meanwhile, its year 5 and we still don't know when to run the ball.

What you said!! We have an unstoppable back but chose to not use him consistently!!!

A. Not everyone said that. In addition, you can tell by preseason rankings that no one was enamored with the SEC East.

B. As the season is being played, we are finding out more and more about the opposition. We know Florida isn't good. We know Missouri is beyond awful. South Carolina barely escaped a loss to La Tech. No Tennessee fan wants to hear anything about Kentucky or Vandy. LSU got boat raced by Miss State.

C. I continue to harp on this, but it's not all about wins and losses. Tennessee beat UMass. Yeah, and they played poorly. You go out and play poorly and make a bunch of mistakes and barely beat Alabama....fine. You go out and barely beat UMass and that's not going to fly.

Dealing with all this right now with the Gators. Sunshine pumpers talking about a tough, hard fought win on the road in the SEC. Realists talking about my god, how far have we fallen when finding a way to come out with a win against Kentucky (a team we've beaten now 31 years in a row) is considered an accomplishment.

Last edited:

It’s freaking year 5 for Butch. If he can’t be better than
7-9 wins in year 5 with his own players that he has recruited and supposedly coached up then he never will. It’s obvious his ceiling is 7-9 possibly 10 wins with great players that can overcome his coaching shortcomings. And that simply isn’t good enough.

A. Not everyone said that. In addition, you can tell by preseason rankings that no one was enamored with the SEC East.

B. As the season is being played, we are finding out more and more about the opposition. We know Florida isn't good. We know Missouri is beyond awful. South Carolina barely escaped a loss to La Tech. No Tennessee fan wants to hear anything about Kentucky or Vandy. LSU got boat raced by Vandy.

C. I continue to harp on this, but it's not all about wins and losses. Tennessee beat UMass. Yeah, and they played poorly. You go out and play poorly and make a bunch of mistakes and barely beat Alabama....fine. You go out and barely beat UMass and that's not going to fly.

Dealing with all this right now with the Gators. Sunshine pumpers talking about a tough, hard fought win on the road in the SEC. Realists talking about my god, how far have we fallen when finding a way to come out with a win against Kentucky (a team we've beaten now 31 years in a row) is considered an accomplishment.

I didn't realize LSU was boat raced by Vandy. Glad you're here to catch us up on the games that didn't happen.

It’s freaking year 5 for Butch. If he can’t be better than
7-9 wins in year 5 with his own players that he has recruited and supposedly coached up then he never will. It’s obvious his ceiling is 7-9 possibly 10 wins with great players that can overcome his coaching shortcomings. And that simply isn’t good enough.

What you said!

It's the Fact that Nobody seems to know WTH they're doing! That's On Butch! So reminds one of CPF at the end.

I think for alot of people its frustrating to see how we lose and how bad we play. My prediction was 8-4/7-5 this year as well. But i base that on my expectation that we will field a poorly coached football team. It is frustrating seeing talent gonto waste and knowing we could win more games.
Thats my take, but i would be willing to bet alot of people feel the same.

The last time I checked the scoreboard Vanderbilt and Kentucky both lost at home. Maybe people will start being generous to us and give us a game or two. We handed Florida an early Christmas present and Kentucky did the same. Vandy and Kansas State, well if you watched that game it would have been another loss for Vandy at home, had the official not given them the ball back on a clear fumble.

Southern Miss
Mizzou

That's the only ones I feel confident in.

Bama
LSU

Zero chance for those games

UK
USCe
Vandy
Georgia

Toss up games that easily could all be losses

I think most of the fans would be okay with 8-4. The problem is that we are not playing that way in our first four games. If we don't play in a dramatically different way, then we will finish 6-6 or even 5-7. We played like a sub .500 team against Indy State and UMass.:unsure:

VN Store

Back