Do we blame Jalen Hurd now?

CamVol8

I know a lot of people will still say he quit on the team, was entitled, didn't care about anyone but himself. BUT, just think about this for a second guys... all of these questions have the same answer. Why would a college running back who is about to shatter the rushing records at Tennessee leave mid season? Why was it such a bad situation here that he would rather play for Baylor who is winless? The answer is Butch Jones. Don't be surprised when more players start to leave. Jalen saw through all of this **** of Butch not utilizing players correctly. At some point you get tired of running out of shotgun east west into a brick wall of defenders. I was one who was very disappointed in Hurd and thought to myself what a quitter he is, but now I agree with him 100% and do not blame him. The entire team is done putting up with Butch. Even JK OUT OF ALL PEOPLE was frustrated yesterday yelling towards the coaches in the 4th quarter. What a complete mess Butch has created!

Reactions: 4 people
Jalen acted like an idiot. It's well documented that his deadbeat father came back into the picture and was giving him bad advice. Jalen became a cancer to the team and was voted off by his own team mates.

Reactions: 11 people
Say whatever you guys want but just watch when more players start to get frustrated with the lack of utilization and transfer.

Reactions: 2 people
I can't support JH's actions because players are expected to grow up and be part of a team. I do understand his view. They continued to pound him into a brick wall as OP stated. Opposing teams knew it was coming and JH knew they knew and it didn't make any sense. IF UT had an OL that was getting some push and winning LOS he likely would have not minded. Be fully aware of the injuries occuring all around the team at the time.

I feel JH felt the same way many posters in this forum feel now. There's no innovation in our offensive scheme. It went unnoticed because of the excitement J.Dobbs created. Hurd was a good receiver/blocker....everything you want in a RB. He just spoke his mind at the wrong place too many times. He impacted the team negatively and I heard they called players only meeting and ask JH to leave the team.

Coach Jones makes a LOT of money to keep attitudes in check. He failed to that last year and it cost us two games we should have won. The buck starts and stops with him.

Reactions: 4 people
Funny how many people attack a young person who may have been a bit immature, over a lying snake oil salesman that constantly says things and behaves in a way that lets everyone know that the kid was probably telling the truth.

Those that want to call the kid a bum need to check the record books. He wasn't far from the top. Was he the best back in orange ever? No. But the kid showed up to play. He took the pounding that came with the pitiful offense he was in and kept going.

He made a bad decision in listening to Butch, and an even worse one by letting Butch derail his college career.

Butch is the constant in all these problems.

Reactions: 11 people
Funny how many people attack a young person who may have been a bit immature, over a lying snake oil salesman that constantly says things and behaves in a way that lets everyone know that the kid was probably telling the truth.

Those that want to call the kid a bum need to check the record books. He wasn't far from the top. Was he the best back in orange ever? No. But the kid showed up to play. He took the pounding that came with the pitiful offense he was in and kept going.

He made a bad decision in listening to Butch, and an even worse one by letting Butch derail his college career.

Thank you.

Reactions: 3 people

This was my point exactly. Butch is the answer to all of the problems.

I know a lot of people will still say he quit on the team, was entitled, didn't care about anyone but himself. BUT, just think about this for a second guys... all of these questions have the same answer. Why would a college running back who is about to shatter the rushing records at Tennessee leave mid season? Why was it such a bad situation here that he would rather play for Baylor who is winless? The answer is Butch Jones. Don't be surprised when more players start to leave. Jalen saw through all of this **** of Butch not utilizing players correctly. At some point you get tired of running out of shotgun east west into a brick wall of defenders. I was one who was very disappointed in Hurd and thought to myself what a quitter he is, but now I agree with him 100% and do not blame him. The entire team is done putting up with Butch. Even JK OUT OF ALL PEOPLE was frustrated yesterday yelling towards the coaches in the 4th quarter. What a complete mess Butch has created!

Jalen Hurd is and was a dumbass. always will be. He had two more months to shut his mouth before he became drafted.

The guy was close to being the all time leading rusher at UT. Dumb to leave

If this is true, then Hurd is the biggest hypocrite of all because he should not have allowed himself to be starting ahead of future all-pro Kamara.

Stone cold, but lots of truth here.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back