Coach Doug Matthews just said

HugeVols

If we continue to play the senior Linebacker we are now playing then "we are going to get run out of a hell of a lot of SEC stadiums."

Reactions: 20 people
He is saying that in the context that this staff is not developing talent and the team is just drifting in doldrums.

To sum it up, it is a team with little leadership.

Reactions: 1 person
It's curious. Why aren't the best athletes on the field? Bituli should play the entire game, less a few snaps for rest. I'm not nearly as critical of Butch as others, but he has shown an inability to put the best players on the field

Reactions: 7 people
He is saying that in the context that this staff is not developing talent and the team is just drifting in doldrums.

To sum it up, it is a team with little leadership.

When you are a Coach, and you lose the normally coach supportive Coach Doug Mathews......well....
And, let us remember who Dougs best friend is.... CPF.

Reactions: 9 people
It's curious. Why aren't the best athletes on the field? Bituli should play the entire game, less a few snaps for rest. I'm not nearly as critical of Butch as others, but he has shown an inability to put the best players on the field

With DKJ and CMc out..

Bituli and Sapp should play LB as much as they physically can. We really need Austin Smith back from injury.

Reactions: 2 people
Also said the team yesterday look disinterested, and easily predictable. Says every coach and cooridinator knows our deficencies.

That's one problem in several. Let's face it, there's little to discuss now but who will be our coach next year. (Yes- we're at that phase)

Reactions: 6 people
Butch and staff did not have this team ready to play...period. They thought a walk in the park was the day's activities...spread a bunch of snaps around and score a bunch...laugh, have a good time, and party...SURPRISE!...:)

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 3 people

results would not be a lot different. they just can't develop players or get 11 players playing consistent within their schemes. Where they have the best players currently playing, do they appear to be playing at the level they were ranked coming into program? Players like Kongbo, McKenzie, Richmond, Jack Jones, etc... there are coaching and development lacking within this staff

Reactions: 37 people
Also said the team yesterday look disinterested, and easily predictable. Says every coach and cooridinator knows our deficencies.

Even people like myself with very little football smarts can see the issues. Butch has failed his players by not getting real coaches in to help them.

Play the best players in the plays that they do know. Don't wait until they know all of the plays.

Maybe one day Doug can explain the rationale of red shirting Carl Pickens and Chuck Webb in 1988 too.

Maybe the dumbest decision ever made by a UT staff. Both were best players on the field in 1989 and neither played 4 yrs.

results would not be a lot different. they just can't develop players or get 11 players playing consistent within their schemes. Where they have the best players currently playing, do they appear to be playing at the level they were ranked coming into program? Players like Kongbo, McKenzie, Richmond, Jack Jones, etc... there are coaching and development lacking within this staff

On point well said. Sums up this coach and staff.

Reactions: 3 people
If we continue to play the senior Linebacker we are now playing then "we are going to get run out of a hell of a lot of SEC stadiums."

Not according to volnation...good Lord some people can't see forest for the trees.....they are as blind as our coaches....

Richmond and Kongbo were graded more on the ceiling rather than ability. McKenzie missed his senior year of high school. We don't know his work ethic. He might not have put in the hours in his own time to recover from that. Jack Jones had a great freshman campaign, and has dealt with injury. Honestly, too, I don't think the OL coach has been great, and I'm willing to give Wells a chance.

Of course, you know all this.

Doug said that the podcast from this show will be up at 1pm cst on coachdougmathew.com if you want to listen.

Would we have a shot with Gary patterson. Guy is a beast of a coach. I believe he's the type of coach we need it's clear butch staff is not near good enough to compete with uga and uf. I heard rumor we passed on him for butch but he was very interested...maybe it was money who knows but frankly they are going have spend money these mid tier coaches are not cutting it in toughrmest conference in america.

VN Store

Back