IMO this will be Butch's last game

GetEmVols

I believe this Georgia game will be Butch's last game.

Georgia will beat us by about 30, and we have a bye week following the game. It's a perfect opportunity to get the interim coach in place.

People think we will wait until the end of the year, but we didn't do that for Dooley. If we lose to Georgia, we may as well scrap the season and get a big name coach in here who can't mess this up.

Reactions: 6 people
Butch won't be canned until his overall record this year is < .500. Even then I don't believe and am not calling for a firing during the season at any point. However, he should not be retained past December.

Reactions: 2 people
Butch won't be canned until his overall record this year is < .500. Even then I don't believe and am not calling for a firing during the season at any point. However, he should not be retained past December.

If we wait until all the good coaches are hired then Currie isn't the answer either.

Reactions: 3 people

Georgia will beat us by about 30, and we have a bye week following the game. It's a perfect opportunity to get the interim coach in place.

People think we will wait until the end of the year, but we didn't do that for Dooley. If we lose to Georgia, we may as well scrap the season and get a big name coach in here who can't mess this up.

That Big name coach(won't happen btw) better win 10 games his first year or he is on the hot seat too.

Yesterday the team was flat. It happens, especially with a big game last week and another one next week. Even the fans were flat. I'm beginning to wonder if Tennessee fans deserve a winning football team. Players are affected by your negativity. When you say you support the team, but not the coaches, you are lying. The coaches are part of the team. Is there a point in a coaching tenure that a change becomes necessary? Yes, it happened here with Bowden Wyatt, Bill Battle, and Derek Dooley. Are we at that point with Butch Jones? Not even close. If you're not on board with this coaching staff, you're part of the problem.

Reactions: 21 people

You're high. Neither will happen.

Well...Uga may well beat us by 30, but I'm not going that defeatist route. It looks really bad right now, but this past game was a hangover game IMO, and we seem to always play dawgs well, particularly in Neyland.

We will see.

It won't be Jones last game though. A bad loss to USC junior might do it though, but I don't see it.

Reactions: 5 people
That Big name coach(won't happen btw) better win 10 games his first year or he is on the hot seat too.

No he doesn't, he just needs to have his team prepared, not make the same mistakes over and over, develop talent, and put his guys in the best position to win. The wins will come if we get a coach that can do those three things the overwhelming majority of the time.

Reactions: 4 people
If we wait until all the good coaches are hired then Currie isn't the answer either.

There should definitely be some discussions being had and some "off the record" negotiations taking place behind the scenes.

Yeah, if Currie/admin/boosters just sit on their hands until December then yeah it's a bad move. You do your prep work now and pull the trigger at end of regular season (beginning of December).

Currie will let the season play out. He's not firing a 3-2 coach in October.

It pretty clear if the Dawgs play like they did last night they'll probably come in here and beat the tar our of us. I DO NOT hope for that. I want us to win. Always. But it's a safe bet. But, I don't just losing to UGA would get Butch canned. Our team would have to run off the rails and completely fall apart for something like that to happen mid season.

What's really gonna stink is when we lose to UGA, Bama, and USC jr., then go into the Kentucky game HOPING we can win. Also, knowing Vandy could very well beat us as well. I think Butch lasts at least until it is clear we can't make a bowl. Which, I hope we do.

UT is cheap and tight with their money. A thirty point loss will do very little to affect change. But, rather no one showing up to buy concessions and merchandise will have a greater impact.

UT would rather go 6-6 or 7-5 and keep their present coaches as long as they don't have to pay the million dollar buyouts and the fans keep showing up and buying stuff.

If they do fire the present coaches they will once again go to the bargin basement conferences for another up and coming coach who is completely unproven in the SEC or any other major conference.

So don't expect anything to change anytime soon at UT.

UT needs to show their fans they are committed and serious about winning football games again.

Yesterday the team was flat. It happens, especially with a big game last week and another one next week. Even the fans were flat. I'm beginning to wonder if Tennessee fans deserve a winning football team. Players are affected by your negativity. When you say you support the team, but not the coaches, you are lying. The coaches are part of the team. Is there a point in a coaching tenure that a change becomes necessary? Yes, it happened here with Bowden Wyatt, Bill Battle, and Derek Dooley. Are we at that point with Butch Jones? Not even close. If you're not on board with this coaching staff, you're part of the problem.

We've now heard from Butch's mother, so all sider are accounted for.

Based on what? Your opinion?

Reactions: 1 person

Being flat against the bad team UT played yesterday is winning 31-6.

VN Store

Back