Georgia Week

Roustabout

I watched a good bit of the Dogs vs. Dogs game while flipping back and forth with the UK/UF game.

There is little question that UGA is playing the best football in the east.

It's hard to have any confidence in this game, unless UGA agrees to a punting and long snapping competition.

Some are saying "3-1, don't apologize for a win." The question I ask is "In four games has UT played SEC caliber winning football?" The answer is a resounding. "No!"

If this game is close then this is truly the Jeckel and Hyde team of the century. When a team looks this uninspired and lifeless, you suspect that something deeper than an "off day" is the problem. I'd imagine the meat of the SEC schedule will quickly bring into focus the real identity of this team.

Reactions: 2 people
Just gonna post one more time and not come back to this site.

It has been taken over by a bunch of crybabies - crying about Butch!

I'll give this to the Fire CBJ crowd -
"You are resilient"

Go Vols!

Reactions: 3 people
I watched a good bit of the Dogs vs. Dogs game while flipping back and forth with the UK/UF game.

There is little question that UGA is playing the best football in the east.

It's hard to have any confidence in this game, unless UGA agrees to a punting and long snapping competition.

Some are saying "3-1, don't apologize for a win." The question I ask is "In four games has UT played SEC caliber winning football?" The answer is a resounding. "No!"

If this game is close then this is truly the Jeckel and Hyde team of the century. When a team looks this uninspired and lifeless, you suspect that something deeper than an "off day" is the problem. I'd imagine the meat of the SEC schedule will quickly bring into focus the real identity of this team.

On a positive note, Florida did manage to squeak out a W in Lexington after trailing the whole game. How embarrassing to lose to a really bad Florida. I'm pretty confident that yesterday was not the result of being flat. Jones has lost some of the players on this team.

It’s going to be Butch's last stand. I’m glad for the way he got us back to winning 8-9 games a season but after yesterday I’m done with him. He’s never going to win the East let alone the SEC. Had we lost a couple of those games that needed miracles to win, most on here would be through with him already.

Reactions: 1 person
Just gonna post one more time and not come back to this site.

It has been taken over by a bunch of crybabies - crying about Butch!

I'll give this to the Fire CBJ crowd -
"You are resilient"

Go Vols!

If you want to settle for 8-9 wins a year go right ahead. I’m not. Tennessee is better than that.

On a positive note, Florida did manage to squeak out a W in Lexington after trailing the whole game. How embarrassing to lose to a really bad Florida. I'm pretty confident that yesterday was not the result of being flat. Jones has lost some of the players on this team.

I don't know if he's lost the players or if they ignored umass and went to work on Ga a week early.
To be fair the difference is irrelevant as both are the fault of CBJ and goes to a pattern of his inability to continually improve as a coach.
Same mistakes.....same problems.....

AS with any game UGA vs Vols is about matchups- most interesting will be our linebackers ability to close gaps and slow down the running game. What is your confidence level there? Fromm certainly does not look like a frosh QB, there is a reason he was highly rated. Our DB's like to give cushion, I hope vols whip that azz bit realistically? We have to see something from this team we have not seen very often- 60 minutes of solid fundamentally sound football.

Forget defense, we can’t stop them.

We need to shoot it out with them. Our offense is every bit as powerful as theirs if we can get it to work.

They don’t have a defender who can consistently stop Kelly and Callaway, and Johnson and Byrd are finally starting to show out. If Dormady will get his head in the game, this one is winnable.

But what is it going to take for the university to demand a higher standard?

That’s the scary part because I’m not sure they will. As long as money is rolling in they won’t care. But after the way the stadium emptied out yesterday maybe they’ll start to pay attention.

as with any game UGA vs vols is about matchups- most interesting will be our linebackers ability to close gaps and slow down the running game. What is your confidence level there? Fromm certainly does not look like a frosh qb, there is a reason he was highly rated. Our db's like to give cushion, i hope vols whip that azz bit realistically? We have to see something from this team we have not seen very often- 60 minutes of solid fundamentally sound football.

👍 and if we can't stop the run we are in trouble because we can't bring safety help down in the box, and if we tried our db's will get fried

Last edited:
That’s the scary part because I’m not sure they will. As long as money is rolling in they won’t care. But after the way the stadium emptied out yesterday maybe they’ll start to pay attention.

I think the Bama game full of red shirts was the end for Dooley. When that starts happening then maybe things will change. But you're right it's going to take money or embarrassment to force a change.

While I was impressed by their easy win over Miss State, there is still something in me that says UGA is not all they appear to be. This is largely the same team that lost 5 games last year, someone will expose them. UT always seems to play well v UGA. Butch has a chance to suddenly have a huge bounce-back game, or if he loses, I think he's done at UT. I'm pulling hard for UT in this one.

While I was impressed by their easy win over Miss State, there is still something in me that says UGA is not all they appear to be. This is largely the same team that lost 5 games last year, someone will expose them. UT always seems to play well v UGA. Butch has a chance to suddenly have a huge bounce-back game, or if he loses, I think he's done at UT. I'm pulling hard for UT in this one.[/Q
UOTE] If we are within 30 points of Georgia I will be shocked. If the UTAD are not embarrassed by Butches coaching then that in itself is embarrassing.

While I was impressed by their easy win over Miss State, there is still something in me that says UGA is not all they appear to be. This is largely the same team that lost 5 games last year, someone will expose them. UT always seems to play well v UGA. Butch has a chance to suddenly have a huge bounce-back game, or if he loses, I think he's done at UT. I'm pulling hard for UT in this one.

Listen schmuck (I like you. As a rival fan post on our board you're alright. I'm just an abrasive guy. Especially to those I like. I should probably see someone about that). You are a fan of a school that's proven they won't put up with sub par coaching. We don't have that luxury. I really don't need you giving me false hope right now.
We won't bounce back and we won't fire CBJ. When these bad things happen I'm holding you responsible.

We need the "Dooley is a damn smart genius" thread.

That will be the only thing enjoyable about this week.

i'm not sure i can find enough match ups right now that translates into a w for us.

there's not much i can point to and say "that's why we'll be UGA", match up wise. if we can't get more than 2 yards on 1st down runs against Umass, not sure how we're going to just "get more efficient" in the run game agasint that front 7.

not sure really how our line will do in pass pro agaisnt them either. i do think our WR's can maybe doe some work agaisnt their DB's. it may not matter though.

defensively, GA has weapons, and a qb that's very efficient. he's not flashy, but he doesn't make mistakes, and GA's o line has gotten better. chubb and michel present a problem, especially agaisnt our LB's. outside, they have speed to spare, and they have TE's that will play in the NFL. agains, against our DB's and LB's, they should be able to move the ball.

i think it will take "uncharacteristic" plaly from both UGA and UT if UT were to win.

the good news...everyone will be telling UGA how great they are, and how bad we are. they'll have to tune out the hype, and we're gonna have to tune out the negativity.

Listen schmuck (I like you. As a rival fan post on our board you're alright. I'm just an abrasive guy. Especially to those I like. I should probably see someone about that). You are a fan of a school that's proven they won't put up with sub par coaching. We don't have that luxury. I really don't need you giving me false hope right now.
We won't bounce back and we won't fire CBJ. When these bad things happen I'm holding you responsible.

You had me at schmuck, all my really good friends call me schmuck...lol.

Just my outsider observation, UT will play their best game against UGA. It sets up perfectly for them. This will be a battle, similar to last year, close 4th quarter game.

And you are right, UF won't put up with subpar coaching, but Mac has all of us befuddled. We're all pissed, yet the guy has just matched Spurrier for the best SEC start ever. Who freakin knows what to make of that.

VN Store

Back