WR Play

amillz

I wanted to start a discussion on our WR group. I want to know why Palmer keeps starting over some of our upperclassmen. I think he will be a good WR with time but he seems a little raw to be getting so many snaps. He's had drops and a few busted routes ( the INT in the FL game was 100% on him ).
Callaway looks like a stud but is on the field less than Palmer. Im high on B.Johnson but wonder why Byrd isn't playing very much. Byrd could be our version of FL's Toney using his speed for splash plays. Another player I want to see is L.Williams but I guess he's still out with injury? You guys weigh in and let me know your thoughts.

Reactions: 1 person
They've always subbed the WRs a ton. Lots of guys get to see the field (mostly to block) but few have many catches. It would be nice to have a couple go to guys that could stay on the field.

In today's game the announcer kept talking about "Mr 3rd down" then suddenly realized that we stopped putting him on 3rd down for some stupid reason

The wr core is the reason the offense struggling..the Florida game its no reason why u leave brandon off the field in key situations..Callaway only can only run certain routes and he can't get open..Palmer should have been red shirted..Palmwr has a high ceiling, but he has to man empty plays..

I think we have a lot of talented players who are not willing to put in the work to be starters. They think they should just show up on Saturday and be starters.

And, I think this culture is more widespread in the locker room than many of us would like to believe.

QD has his struggles but they are compounded by this WR corps. They struggle to get into their routes which makes the plays way too slow developing for QD to have time behind the swiss cheese OL. For the most part, they struggled to get open even against Indiana State and UMass.

A lot of talent but no experience in this group. Hopefully, they can grow as the season progresses. They will need to step up big time in the next two weeks.

QD has his struggles but they are compounded by this WR corps. They struggle to get into their routes which makes the plays way too slow developing for QD to have time behind the swiss cheese OL. For the most part, they struggled to get open even against Indiana State and UMass.

A lot of talent but no experience in this group. Hopefully, they can grow as the season progresses. They will need to step up big time in the next two weeks.

Which is all the more reason why we should be pounding the rock more. If we'd line up under center with a fullback we could hand it off to Kelly, Chandler, and Fils-Aime and more and that would take the pressure off of Dormady and the receivers.

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe he runs routes and blocks better...All I can think of because he can't catch for poop...

UT has some talent at WR. But we don't need to pretend that all of these 3* Fr and Sophs were just overlooked by the recruit rankings. They need development but UT needs WR's. Attrition (which some of you condemned me for ever mentioning) has left UT with no talented upperclassmen at WR.

I don't know why Jones had such high attrition in those first 2 or 3 classes. I don't know why he has more injuries than the average coach. I do know that the players that aren't there are killing UT's passing game.

VN Store

Back