Answer: Let JG Run Read-Option

WiseOlVol

Even though Kelly was 25/101, Mass showed what happens when a D puts 8 in the box.
Leaves a ton of running room for read-option.
Dobbs is gone, but the read-option still works bc it gives the D an extra man to cover.
QD is a fine passer if given time, but this team is not going very far without a running QB.
Glad JG got his feet wet today.
He has the wheels to gash the D on read-option keepers.
Spread/slows the D and opens up room for Kelly.

Even though Kelly was 25/101, Mass showed what happens when a D puts 8 in the box.
Dobbs is gone, but the read-option still works bc it gives the D an extra man to cover.
QD is a fine passer if given time, but this team is not going very far without a running QB.

He did run the read option....and fumbled.

You did see that fumble right?

That’s what bothers me about JG. Then again, both QB’s have turned it over.

I still feel like QD is the better option but this offense does work better if the quarterback can run.

I’m for keeping Dormady and changing the offense.

Reactions: 2 people
When they put eight in the box you should be able to sweep them outside with some runs or throw it down field for long gainers. Those delayed handoffs and runs up the middle are playing right into what the defense wants you to do.

JG showed everyone today why Dormady is starting. And thats not a compliment to Dormady.

UMass was loading the box...tough sledding...I was wondering why we didn't throw more, but dropped passes, sloppy route running...just seemed like the whole team was just going through the motions...UMass QB went out of the game...that actually may have saved us...:)

GO VOLS!

I didn't see the blazing and gashing speed you seemed to have seen.

JG sucks right now. Sorry but those of you thinking he is answer to the slow offense are mistaken. His passing is bad and has not shown he is a Dobbs type runner. What in the heck are you all seeing that makes you believe he can do either passing or running well? Against Indiana State and UMass he utterly sucked.

That’s what bothers me about JG. Then again, both QB’s have turned it over.

I still feel like QD is the better option but this offense does work better if the quarterback can run.

I’m for keeping Dormady and changing the offense.

The offense will not change until the coach changes. Until then what you see is what you get.

He didnt really get a lot of help. TFL turns it into 3rd and 14, bad snap creates 2nd and 14, drop by Johnson on 3rd and 9

So where have you been while QD has been getting trashed? He's dealt with the exact same thing.

VN Store

Back