Maybe it's too early to pass judgement, but.....

I am willing to give Dormady the benefit of the doubt, as he has only played 3 full games in his career. His mistakes are correctable (throwing off back foot, into double coverage, etc.)

What concerns me is Dormady doesn't appear to be learning from his mistakes.

first time you throw off your back foot should be the last, coach should have told him straight out and a loud way to get his attention and if it happened again he can set for a serious to think about it

Reactions: 1 person
One thing I don't understand is how Bama can seamlessly transition between pro style and dual threat QBs.

Bama has not developed a QB since Saban has been there.

Their QBs all get vastly overrated because of all the talent around them.

They ask their QBs to manage the game. That's it. Hurts is the exception, as they seem to rely on one or two splash plays a game from him.

We don't have that luxury. Mainly, because that requires a sound scheme and sound execution, which Butch isn't capable of.

Reactions: 2 people
These are 4* recruits. This is Dormady's third year in program and he has at times played like crap. I have to assume that Guarantano is no better since he is not playing.

You will experience many Vol Spring And Fall football practices where you hear about all of these GREAT changes that our staff has made.
And there will be all kinds of stories written on how such and such player and whosits this or that has really improved or come back strong from injury and how we are KILLING IT in the weight room.
How we have incredible depth in so many places despite always having the youngest roster ever and toughest schedule ever.
Our Qbs are extremely mobile and can throw it 90 yards, or so we are told. All of them are killing it in practice.
Same with our secondary. Tons better.
Now knows how to turn their heads.
Won't get beat anymore on the long ball.

Then , the season starts and:
We have two concerning lackluster wins before Florida.
Players with PREVIOUS injuries surface. Are now out.
Several other very important starters get hurt tying their shoes while crossing the street and are out for season.

But, still, there's hope vs Florida.
The Gators look to be very vulnerable and subpar in their first two games.
Several rapists, serial killers, etc. on suspension.
Then, we find a million ways to lose to Gators.
Terrible execution. Worse coaching moves. Sadness. :cray:

Then, word seeps out of campus that there is dissension and has been all during camp on Team whatever hell #.
Players hate Butch.
Former players hate Butch
Big donors hate Butch.
Your Momma and them now hate Butch. Bless his heart.
How, there was a lot of talk that this or that such and such assistant coach here or player group there have a dysfunctional room, can't coach me up and players are really underperforming, not that athletic, slow of foot and mind, smoked too much dope, hit their teammates at the dorm or roommates off campus, screwed the wrong girls possibly without permission.

How our qbs are statues with cement shoes.
Our oline again just not living up.
Our DBs still lost in translation.
SEC Network say Vols not a physical team - AGAIN.
Not a well coached team - AGAIN.
Booger flicks a booger while discussing our East chances.

Our fan base goes apoplectic over another Gator loss:
How Butch is MAC level only.
Not a smart individual.
Has lost the team.
Needs to go.
How much is his buyout?
Visions of Gruden, Kelly, Mullen, etc. Blah blah blah.

Sigh.
Being a VFL ain't easy.
Why can't I quit you my demon mistress- UT football.
You are slowly killing me. :thud:

Reactions: 11 people
Dormady has played only 3 games - and only 1 at home. And he did improve albeit the mental mistakes were prevalent.

But less we forget - Josh Dobbs was awful at times his first and even second year. Mental mistakes galore. It was not until his Senior season did he put it all together.

And if not for his ability to run, much of which forced upon on him by a porous line, he would have been woefully ineffective at times.

I would love to go back in time and see how many armchair QB's on here called for Dobbs benching only to praise him later in his career.

The only issue I see with Dormady - he is truly a pocket guy. They should line up and play that way.

You will experience many Vol Spring And Fall football practices where you hear about all of these GREAT changes that our staff has made.
And there will be all kinds of stories written on how such and such player and whosits this or that has really improved or come back strong from injury and how we are KILLING IT in the weight room.
How we have incredible depth in so many places despite always having the youngest roster ever and toughest schedule ever.
Our Qbs are extremely mobile and can throw it 90 yards, or so we are told. All of them are killing it in practice.

Several other very important starters get hurt tying their shoes while crossing the street and are out for season.

Then, word seeps out of campus that there is dissension and has been all during camp on Team whatever hell #.
Players hate Butch.
Big donors hate Butch.
How, there was a lot of talk that this or that such and such assistant coach here or player group there have a dysfunctional room, can't coach me up and players are really underperforming, not that athletic, slow of foot and mind, smoked too much dope, hit their teammates at the dorm or roommates off campus, screwed the wrong girls possibly without permission.

Not a smart individual.
Has lost the team.
Needs to go.
How much is his buyout?

Sigh.
Being a VFL ain't easy.

Dear God - can I please have my 5 minutes back after attempting to read this absolute mess?

Players hate Butch.
Big donors hate Butch.

Not a smart individual.
Has lost the team.
Needs to go.
How much is his buyout?

Sigh.
Being a VFL ain't easy.

What the :censored:?

Canales couldn't even get the OC job at his alma mater last year at Utah State. It was a cronyism hire by Jones, plain and simple.

I didn't expect anything awe inspiring from him with the QB's and he certainly hasn't disappointed.

A redshirt sophomore that isn't capable of taking a snap under center according to the head coach? Gimme an effin' break.

Both guys have the potential to be really good but it's going to be a slow process with either of them. Don't think Jones and his offensive staff have it in them to get drastic improvements out of them in short order.

Bama has not developed a QB since Saban has been there.

Their QBs all get vastly overrated because of all the talent around them.

They ask their QBs to manage the game. That's it. Hurts is the exception, as they seem to rely on one or two splash plays a game from him.

We don't have that luxury. Mainly, because that requires a sound scheme and sound execution, which Butch isn't capable of.

Revisionist history. They've had very good to outstanding qb play no matter they've played and no what system they've run. McElroy, McCarron, Sims, Coker and now Hurts. Each has been outstanding at different times and has played at very high levels.

Bama's OL can block, their running backs can run, their TEs and WRs can run great routes, but if their QBs can't make good decisions and get the ball to them, none of it matters......yet that's exactly what Saban and his coaches have gotten their QBs to do for a very long time now. Don't get it twisted.

One thing I don't understand is how Bama can seamlessly transition between pro style and dual threat QBs.

Daboll comes to Tuscaloosa after spending the past four seasons with the New England Patriots and fresh off of a Super Bowl LI victory at the conclusion of the 2016 season. He coached tight ends for two seasons, offensive line for one and was an offensive assistant for one in his second stint with the Patriots. He coached their wide receivers from 2002-06 and was a defensive assistant for head coach Bill Belichick in 2000-01.

Prior to his first head coaching job, Kiffin spent six years as an assistant coach for Pete Carroll at Southern California, including two years as the offensive coordinator (2005-06). During his first tenure with the Trojans, USC captured two national championships and compiled a 65-12 record. Kiffin was promoted to passing game coordinator in 2004 and helped Matt Leinart win the Heisman Trophy as he passed for 3,322 yards with 33 touchdowns and just six interceptions.

VS

From 2010-15, served as the associate head coach/offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach at North Texas. He also spent portions of the 2010 and 2015 seasons as an interim head coach for the Mean Green. During his six seasons at North Texas, he mentored 20 offensive players who earned all-conference honors, while helping the program win just their third bowl game in school history in 2013. He coordinated a unit in 2014 that ranked tops in the nation with a 94.3 percent red zone scoring percentage. In 2013, he directed an offense that scored 414 points, the second-most in school history and the most since 1951.

Canales couldn't even get the OC job at his alma mater last year at Utah State. It was a cronyism hire by Jones, plain and simple.

I didn't expect anything awe inspiring from him with the QB's and he certainly hasn't disappointed.

A redshirt sophomore that isn't capable of taking a snap under center according to the head coach? Gimme an effin' break.

Both guys have the potential to be really good but it's going to be a slow process with either of them. Don't think Jones and his offensive staff have it in them to get drastic improvements out of them in short order.

If you are referring to JG, he's a redshirt freshman

Dormady has played only 3 games - and only 1 at home. And he did improve albeit the mental mistakes were prevalent.

But less we forget - Josh Dobbs was awful at times his first and even second year. Mental mistakes galore. It was not until his Senior season did he put it all together.

And if not for his ability to run, much of which forced upon on him by a porous line, he would have been woefully ineffective at times.

I would love to go back in time and see how many armchair QB's on here called for Dobbs benching only to praise him later in his career.

The only issue I see with Dormady - he is truly a pocket guy. They should line up and play that way.

I totally agree with you but no way this ever happens.

VN Store

Back