The Official Tennessee vs. UMass Game Thread, 12 PM ET, SEC Network

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
Tennessee Volunteers: 2-0 (0-1 SEC)

144030_20170916_FB_Florida_KZ_070.jpg

vs.

UMass Minutemen: 0-4

UMasstemple-hg-091617-ph02

Sept. 23, 2017 (Knoxville, Tenn.)
Neyland Stadium (102,455) SEC Network | 12 P.M.

Weather: Hi: 88 / Low: 61 // Precip: 9%
Line: UT -28
O/U: 63.5

Vol Village: 8:30am ET
Vol Walk: 9:45am ET
Gates Open: 10am ET
Band March: 10:20am ET
Kickoff: 12pm ET

TV: SEC Network
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: Sirius Ch. 138 // XM Ch. 191
Online: WatchESPN.com

Gameday_Central_Umass.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Saturday's game will mark the first-ever meeting between Tennessee and UMass. The Vols are 9-6-1 all-time against current FBS independent teams.

Saturday's contest will be UT's first game against an FBS independent team since a 41-21 loss to Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana, on Nov. 5, 2005.

Both schools won their last football national championship in 1998. Tennessee defeated Florida State for the 1998 BCS title while UMass claimed the FCS (then Division I-AA) championship with a win over Georgia Southern.

Tennessee's last game against a school from the state of Massachusetts was back in the 1993 Hall of Fame Bowl. The Vols defeated Boston College, 38-23, in Philip Fulmer's first official game as head coach.

For the third year in a row, the Volunteers will team up with Curing Kids Cancer to promote that September is National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month this Saturday by wearing wristbands, stickers and gold whistles.

Saturday’s Vol Walk will begin at 9:45 a.m. (2:15 prior to kickoff).

Tennessee’s 1967 National Championship Team will be honored during the first quarter on Saturday.

• Tennessee holds a record of 461-124-17 (.780) in Neyland Stadium (since 1921). The Vols will look to improve to 2-0 in 2017 in front of 102,455 (capacity) - the fifth-largest CFB stadium in the nation.

• Tennessee is 20-9 (.690) under Butch Jones at home, including a 12-3 mark (.800) since the start of 2015.

• The Vols have won four consecutive games in Neyland Stadium, scoring at least 42 points in each contest and averaging 52.3 ppg during the current home win streak.

I must say I've heard 3 callers on the local sports talk radio this week say that they are already over the Florida loss. They all pointed to this game. I'm not with them I'll never be over that debacle. However I hope we curb stomp the Minutemen for the Generals 60 Minutes!

Reactions: 2 people
I must say I've heard 3 callers on the local sports talk radio this week say that they are already over the Florida loss. They all pointed to this game. I'm not with them I'll never be over that debacle. However I hope we curb stomp the Minutemen for the Generals 60 Minutes!

How in the hell could someone already be over that loss? It will take me decades and I don't have too many decades left.

I'm still pissed about the '86 Army game.

Reactions: 2 people

If you've already forgotten the winning touchdown on 4th and 16 then you'll forget the latest debacle. Eventually

How in the hell could someone already be over that loss? It will take me decades and I don't have too many decades left.

I'm still pissed about the '86 Army game.

If you've already forgotten the winning touchdown on 4th and 16 then you'll forget the latest debacle. Eventually

Man I forgot about that 4th and 16 until now. That one hurt worse than the recent (NON) Hail Mary imo

I know I was like what kind of fan can get that behind them? In 1 week nonetheless? Anyhow I still hope we pummel UMASS and keep it there for 60 Minutes.

I'm starting to get excited about the game. It's soon to be Saturday, no work, Tennessee on the tube, and football season is too short. Let's gooooo!!!

Reactions: 1 person
I'm trying to find 3 seats together for the game. Can anyone tell me the best place to get tickets? I know there aren't many left, but any help would be appreciated.

I'm trying to find 3 seats together for the game. Can anyone tell me the best place to get tickets? I know there aren't many left, but any help would be appreciated.

There are always tickets being sold outside the gates. Especially with Umass.

This needs to be. 63-10 type of beat down. But it won't be. It never is with Butch

VN Store

Back