Jones: Winless record 'no indication of how good' UMass is

BeardedVol

Not-Well-Known Member
Jones said Wednesday that UMass is “a good football team,” and the Minutemen’s 0-4 record this season “is no indication of how good they are.”

HTTPS9tLnBvcGtleS5jby9hYmY2YzQvWlI5MF9mLW1heGFnZS0wLmdpZgloglog.gif

Reactions: 6 people
What do you expect him to say, WGWTFA?

I'm not against bashing the coach, but do it when it's deserved, not just because.

Reactions: 42 people
... and their next opponent's coach will likely say something very similar. It's what they do.

Reactions: 7 people
Everyone coach says this type of stuff going into these types of games. Yes, even Saban. You think they just come out and say "yea we are gonna crush this cupcake, they suck!"

You're just looking for stuff to freak out over lol

Reactions: 8 people
Bwahahahahaha UMass has one of the worst teams in the country, since its inception. Anybody going to this game is a fool.

Reactions: 1 person
Bwahahahahaha UMass has one of the worst teams in the country, since its inception. Anybody going to this game is a fool.

I’m taking my 4 nd 6 year old to enjoy a day at Neyland. If that makes me a fool then so be it.

Reactions: 42 people
I understand what he's trying to say....

Don't take any opponent lightly....

But how do you screw up wording that so badly. Especially at this point. After the flame thrower of heat being pointed at him....that head has to be a couple inches thick. Has to be.

Reactions: 1 person
Every coach does coach speak. If he came out and trashed them people would be complaining about that.

Who ares what Butch says? I am much more concerned about how the team plays.

I understand what he's trying to say....

Don't take any opponent lightly....

But how do you screw up wording that so badly. Especially at this point. After the flame thrower of heat being pointed at him....that head has to be a couple inches thick. Has to be.

Big deal. Talk is cheap and shouldnt really matter.

Yall rich folk kill me. I would give anything for a chance to see an Orange and White in Neylanx. I havent been in since 90 vs Memphis. Majors and Andy. A highlight of my life. Dang some of yall are spoiled. Got blonde bombshells too?

Reactions: 6 people
Anyone not going to see the Big Orange when it is feasible for you isn't a fan.

This is garbage! We all have busy lives any are being drawn in multiple directions. It comes down to to priorities and "bang for buck". If it comes down to reprinting my yard fence vs watch a talented team struggle on the field due to poor coaching.... where's my paint brush.
I am not going to blow valuable time supporting mediocrity.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
You're reaching for something that, in this case, isn't there.

No.

Unfortunately it has been there for 4+ years.

He's not reaching.

There is a such thing as reasonable explanation and Butch has no idea how to do that.

There are good teams and crap teams. Umass is a crap team. There's no need to comment on their level of play....BECAUSE THEIR 0-4 record is an indication of that. See?

All he had to say was..." trying to get back on a winning track this week. Questions?"

He's completely artificial...

No.

Unfortunately it has been there for 4+ years.

He's not reaching.

There is a such thing as reasonable explanation and Butch has no idea how to do that.

There are good teams and crap teams. Umass is a crap team. There's no need to comment on their level of play....BECAUSE THEIR 0-4 record is an indication of that. See?

All he had to say was..." trying to get back on a winning track this week. Questions?"

He's completely artificial...
Hey... take breath. Hold it in and count to 4 and exhale over 4 counts. Do that 2x... Feel better?

VN Store

Back