Last Play - UT Defense

madbamahater

Butch Jones literally corrected or argued the fact that they were in nickel not dime on last play. Reporter said they were in dime and butch said no we were in nickel. We don't have a dime because of injuries.

He's missing the whole ****ing point and this proves he's in over his head and literally doesn't know what he's doing.

The point is why were you in ANY defensive set other than a prevent were you literally have everyone back near the 10 yard line and endzone.

THIS DUDE LITERALLY JUST DOESN'T GET IT

Last edited:
As soon as you see they are not taking a knee with 9 sec left, you go into prevent. It was a coaching failure with catastrophic results.

Because durrrrrrrr!!! Champions of life, individuals, durrrrrrrr, complimentary football...I'm Burch Jones

Please people.

You can't play an out and out prevent there as if it's a Hail mary. They were 20 yards from a FG attempt. They had to cover the intermediate stuff. They were trying to complete a pass and then kick it. The bomb was an afterthought that just happened to work because of a bust.

Reactions: 3 people
Please people.

You can't play prevent there. They were 20 yards from a FG attempt. They had to cover the intermediate stuff. They were trying to hit something 20-25 yards. The bomb was an afterthought that just happened to work because of a bust.

Butch is toast man, he's lost the fan base

There should never be an instance in which you're not in Prevent aka Dime in that situation. The only SEC games UT will win is Ky and Mizzou. This defense is horrid and the HC has zero balls and depends on FG when your kicker are coleslaw. I guess ppl see now even with a new Db coach Bob Shoop and his positioning of the Dbs is the real problem. Running READ option with Dormady is a joke too. 3rd best coached Team in the state Vandy, Memphis, the UT.

Please people.

You can't play an out and out prevent there. They were 20 yards from a FG attempt. They had to cover the intermediate stuff. They were trying to complete a pass and then kick it. The bomb was an afterthought that just happened to work because of a bust.

Really? You are literally the only one defending this ****.

FG was not an option.

Please people.

You can't play an out and out prevent there as if it's a Hail mary. They were 20 yards from a FG attempt. They had to cover the intermediate stuff. They were trying to complete a pass and then kick it. The bomb was an afterthought that just happened to work because of a bust.

They let the clock run down from about 25 seconds down to 9 without snapping the ball. It's was clear they were not trying to get into field goal range. Once they lined up in trips on the left side and Cleveland on the right, you knew they were going to throw it deep. If they were going to try to just get in field goal range they would have snapped the ball much quicker instead of just letting it run down.

Reactions: 1 person
lol. I hope UK finally gets that monkey off their backs. UF is not even half the team of SC. You guys got this.

I feel like we've missed our chances. I'd happily lose the rest if we could smash UF by 30 or so. But in reality we have to hope UF plays even worse than they did against UT and that we get a bunch of breaks.

Butch Jones literally corrected or argued the fact that they were in nickel not dime on last play. Reporter said they were in dime and butch said no we were in nickel. We don't have a dime because of injuries.

He's missing the whole ****ing point and this proves he's in over his head and literally doesn't know what he's doing.

The point is why were you in ANY defensive set other than a prevent were you literally have everyone back near the 10 yard line and endzone.

THIS DUDE LITERALLY JUST DOESN'T GET IT

Do you really think CBJ would be wrong on this. CBJ has forgotten more about football than you ever learned.

With 9 seconds, we couldn't allow short a reception just inside FG range around the 35. Go coach madbamahater

They let the clock run down from about 25 seconds down to 9 without snapping the ball. It's was clear they were not trying to get into field goal range. Once they lined up in trips on the left side and Cleveland on the right, you knew they were going to throw it deep. If they were going to try to just get in field goal range they would have snapped the ball much quicker instead of just letting it run down.

I'm telling you. I just watched the last play. It was trips right, not left. There were guys running underneath, a guy hooking up and one crossing route. The guy to the left ran a post and just kept running. That was no hail Mary.

I'm telling you. I just watched the last play. There were guys running underneath, a guy hooking up and one post route to the left that kept running. That was no hail Mary.

It was obviously not a hail mary by design with a bunch of guys going deep. But the act of throwing a deep pass to the endzone at the end of the game or in a desperate moment still gets called a hail mary play by people.

It was obviously not a hail mary by design with a bunch of guys going deep. But the act of throwing a deep pass to the endzone at the end of the game or in a desperate moment still gets called a hail mary play by people.

Yeah...Those are the same people that think every pass under 5 yards is a screen and all running plays are the same. :)

Butch screwed up a lot tonight, but the last play was just a bust after the play broke down.

Please people.

But, you can play two deep and have two safeties "deeper than the deepest man"...stuff I was taught in HS 35 years ago. 101 stuff that also almost got us beat against UGA last year. Maybe Penn State should make Shoop pay that $800K to UT ticket holders.

But, you can play two deep and have two safeties "deeper than the deepest man"...stuff I was taught in HS 35 years ago. 101 stuff that also almost got us beat against UGA last year. Maybe Penn State should make Shoop pay that $800K to UT ticket holders.

That's EXACTLY what they ran. They rushed 4 and played 2 Deep/5 Under. The safety on the right had good depth. The one on the left took an awful angle and a false step and it was over.

That's EXACTLY what they ran. They rushed 4 and played 2 Deep/5 Under. The safety on the right had good depth. The one on the left took an awful angle and a false step and it was over.

Right. But why? Why did they run this?

VN Store

Back