What Ofher Message Boards Are Saying: 2017 Florida Edition

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
Let's talk about this Gator fanbase....... someone should probably check the ledges around Gainesville. From what I've gathered.... they are displeased with McElwain, they are more displeased with Nuss (the OC), and they are just emotionally drained. You would never think they are back-to-back East champs.

That being said, even in their down time, they consider this weekend's game in the Swamp to be a victory. Paradoxical to say the least, but they have zero respect for UT, and less respect for Butch. We can essentially bury them and their horrendous fans with a victory in the Swamp.

Without further ado.... here's what the shark-humping faithful are saying about Saturday's matchup in Gainesville.

Pure meltdown:
Legit I'm hoping the hurricane cancels this weekends game so I don't watch. Would much rather resources be spent on that anyway. That's how bad it's gotten. Waste of 3 hours every Saturday. We're easily the most boring team in the country to watch.
I used to sulk or three or four days after a Gator loss. Now, I've been known to turn the game off before it is over. And I just don't care.
I am becoming very apathetic about UF football....like it doesn't even bother me that much anymore.

-Their opinion of their OC:
He needs to go. Has had 3 of the worst offenses in college football 3 years in a row. Under performed with great talent at Bama. Had a good year at Washington but the head coach was said to mostly be running that offense. I don't think its a coincidence Mac has struggled on offense since he decided to go with Nuss instead of the OC he had at Colorado State.
The only thing I'll say is, I personally had reservations about the hire in the first place and we should have replaced him after last season. 'Nuff said.
I think Nuss gets too much blame. This is Mac's offense.

We specifically hired an offensive minded HC to fix the offense, and then we blame the OC under him anyway.

-They are mad about us jumping them in the rankings. There's an argument going on regarding whether we should have moved up after not covering the 37.5 spread against ISU. To be fair, the guy saying "Tennessee couldn't even cover the 37.5 spread!!" is getting flamed pretty good by the more reasonable posters.

-This guy pretty much sums up the fan base:
Will Grier was our answer face it! Look at Baker Mayfield he's killing it tonight frustration is in but at least we got Corrall he similar mold to those guys, I hate our offense sucks we are Florida we light defenses up

-On Franks and the offense:
I'm not one that pays attention and can give exact detail but rewatching made me be able to believe in Franks again. In person I thought Franks looked frazzled and nervous the whole first half, but on replay he actually looked pretty composed. OL didn't look any better and we still need to learn how to set the edge on D, but I didn't think we looked that bad. Some ill timed penalties killed our drives but we were moving the ball halfway decent compared to what I'm used to seeing from us.
I've honestly had faith for a long time that play calling would improve. Then I witnessed them continue to roll Zaire out there series after series in the 2nd half against Michigan. Now, I no longer have faith in the creativity of either Nuss or Mac until they prove me wrong.
With our OLine being the best unit on the team, I hope we line up and just run it straight down their throats.
^ I'm gonna be honest this one confused me

-On the matchup:
1) Despite Tennessee's experience in the secondary, the corners are a big concern from speaking to people connected to the Vols. Think Florida can take advantage in the passing game.
2) The Tennessee front seven is good on paper, but boy has it struggled so far this season. Definite concern for the Volunteers. If Florida can't win that matchup up front in the running game, it's going to be quite a long year. If it allows the Volunteers to get a consistent pass rush, that's an even worse sign.
3) I think the game will be determined in large part by Florida's defensive line's ability to get after a veteran Tennessee group. Don't get pressure and I think Florida's defense could be exposed a bit in the back end. The Vols do have a few weapons that can hurt you on offense.

-Per their boards there is some minor cosmetic damage to the Swamp. Mostly just some letters torn off the stadium signage.

-Definitely some unhappiness with McElwain
Lyin' Mac. He lied to us all offseason about the OL. He lied to us about the shark incident. He's probably lying about Feleipe's "outstanding week" (though we'll probably never know since Nuss refuses to air it out). Show me something, Mac. Show me something.
"Game 1 to Game 3"
WTF...was "game 2" like one of Tennerrsee's moral victories or is basic math just that hard for him?
Maybe this is why we lack any sense of ingenuity in our play-calling. Hate to break it to Jimmy James but he doesn't get to count NorCol as a W or a game.
Coach Mac doesn't want to take over the play calling duties because it will expose how horrible of a coach he is. It's been 3 years... enough is enough. Bring back Dan Mullen.

-Discussing Tennessee's weaknesses
To those of you who watched all or part of Tennessee's first two games, what do you think their weakness is on O & D?
Offense: The tackles 
Defense: The safeties
The head coach
I think their front 7 is horrendous
Still not a believer in Dormady

-From a thread titled "We've become either Kentucky or Vandy"
You pick
because that is hot garbage what I saw Saturday
That's offensive to Vandy. They play hard for 60 minutes every game they play.
Stop insulting both UK and VU...

-More meltdown:
If I drank every time I predicted the play, I'd still be in an alcoholic coma from LAST season
I'm old and feeble and I'll watch it because I really don't have anything else to do
Ill only watch the game on dvr. That way it allows me to fast forward when our offense is on the field, during haltime and when UT has the ball.

-General score predictions have them winning by 10-14 points. With both teams scoring a few TD's. Mostly 24-14'ish. I only found one Gator that was predicting a loss, and it was a close loss.

Let's put them away for good. A victory here would turn them against Mac, and shut them up about ducks and trucks and attractive sharks for a long time. If you go to the Swamp, go with a shot of penicillin and get loud!!!

GBO!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 54 people
Tennessee - 19
Florida - 6

We're gonna score almost as much on defense (safety) as they do on offense.

This one is gonna be ugly for the Gators. Vols move to 3-0 while they fall to 0-2.

Reactions: 9 people
This one made me laugh.

'll only watch the game on dvr. That way it allows me to fast forward when our offense is on the field, during haltime and when UT has the ball'.

Reactions: 30 people
Wow reading those comments you would think they would expect a 3 TD beatdown. That shows (A) how each fanbase is so biased and (B) how poorly UT has showcased themselves.

Reactions: 2 people
tenor.gif

I love these threads

Reactions: 7 people
I say we go down there and stomp a swamp sized mud hole in their arse. Let's beat them by 30 and put them out of their misery. McElwain=Dead Man Walking.

Reactions: 5 people
Is that Gatorcountry? That used to be a very good forum but they changed their format about 4 years ago and now it's terrible. They don't even have that many members anymore and there is no input from rivals at all. No wonder so many Gators like lawgator and Lawrence Wright post so much here, their forum sucks.

Reactions: 5 people
A victory this game would send all Florida's fan base into a frenzy that would consume any joy they could have the remainder of the season. I would like nothing more than to see this happen.

Reactions: 7 people
Is that Gatorcountry? That used to be a very good forum but they changed their format about 4 years ago and now it's terrible. They don't even have that many members anymore and there is no input from rivals at all. No wonder so many Gators like lawgator and Lawrence Wright post so much here, their forum sucks.

A mix of pretty much all Gator boards

Reactions: 3 people
I just hope our team doesn't walk into the swamp feeling all cocky like our fans. They are going to have to play extremely well for 4 quarters to win this game. We also need a couple breaks to go our way. This isn't going to be an easy game. Remember, we are playing in the swamp with a new qb. Anybody remember ole Peterman? That gator DL made him look awfully silly...

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back