7599 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Straight up, now tell me: win or lose?. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 09-12-2017, 03:19 PM   #1
VFL-82-JP
Bleedin' Orange...

Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose?
Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose?
Question Straight up, now tell me: win or lose?

Simple question: do we beat Florida, or lose to them? Let's see where everyone stands now that all the hurricane uncertainty and prior week game distractions are out of the way.

Win? Or Lose?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -- Edmund Burke
"We're all one race, and that's the human race." -- Diamond and Silk
VFL-82-JP is online now   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-12-2017, 03:20 PM   #2
v011s

Either way, it will be very very ugly.
v011s is offline   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-12-2017, 03:20 PM   #3
FLVOL_79
Groovy.

Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose?
Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose?
Win.
FLVOL_79 is online now   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-12-2017, 03:21 PM   #4
omghulkhands

Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose?
Didn't think I'd see a Paula Abdul reference on Volnation today....

Win
omghulkhands is online now   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-12-2017, 03:22 PM   #5
volsarelife1

Wgwtfa
volsarelife1 is online now   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-12-2017, 03:29 PM   #6
NorCalVol67
Give...Him...6

Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLVOL_79 View Post
Win.
First thing I thought of and was about to post a photo.

Oh, and the Vols win!
NorCalVol67 is online now   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-12-2017, 03:30 PM   #7
volfannbama

Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose?
Location: Armpit of America with screaming midget football coaches
Its a loss, sadly
volfannbama is online now   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-12-2017, 03:31 PM   #8
Nationdom

Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose?
24-10. Vols
Nationdom is online now   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-12-2017, 03:32 PM   #9
pimo1
Sad Panda

Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose?
I hate reminders that the 90's were not as different as the 80's as my memory wants me to think.. fashion choices.

Honestly I have no idea I feel like there is not enough information out there to make a choice on win lose on anything but emotion.

1. The team that played Michigan was not UF or any version of that program I have seen in my life. Anyone expecting to see that team again will be sorely disappointed.
2. Florida has started slow like this the past decade and we as a fan base tend to fall for it then they beat us and roll on to win the SEC East. Check history its true and freely available with a quick google search.
3. With everything going on this team is more likely to be "ready" for us than any UF team ever. Rivalries change the rules. Adversity changes the rules. Disaster changes the rules. Its all about how a team handles these. Butch has proven his teams do have mental fortitude but do not play the big dog well. We play underdog great. When the line is against us we tend to play up.. maybe not to the expectations of the "we should win every game no matter what" crowd but we play above our heads when backs are against the wall.
4. For a lot of the above reasons this game reminds me of the Vandy game last year. The one game I think that Butch failed us on so far in his tenure. Hopefully they learned that no game is a win till clock hits 0 especially not a rivalry.

Last edited by pimo1; 09-12-2017 at 03:46 PM..
pimo1 is offline   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-12-2017, 03:33 PM   #10
volfanbill
Fear The Monarchs!

Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose?
More importantly, do you really want to love me forever, or am I caught in a hit and run? Oh oh oh
volfanbill is online now   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-12-2017, 03:34 PM   #11
vtvol98
my $.02 as well...

Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose?
Really ugly win. Will be shouting WTF?! at the TV too many times to count.
vtvol98 is offline   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-12-2017, 03:35 PM   #12
solivols

Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose?
Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose?
Seems like it should be the easiest win against Florida that UT has had in a very long time. With that in mind, I'm reminded that UT still managed to lose against a 4-8 Florida team. I have a bad gut feeling.
solivols is online now   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-12-2017, 03:36 PM   #13
sjt18

Michigan came back to earth vs Cincy. I honestly don't believe UM's O is as good as UF made them look.

GT did the same with JSU. Their O didn't play nearly as well either in what they termed a "hangover game".

GT's O does not have the raw talent UM's does. OTOH, UM replaced practically everyone on D while GT returned almost everyone. UF was hapless on O no matter who played QB or RB. UT got into a groove in late 2nd qtr. GT couldn't stop them.

Just on the surface... UT looks to be in better shape.

UF probably could have used a cupcake to work out some of their QB issues. UT for whatever reasons was comfortable enough with QD to give "valuable reps" to the back up.... and to hold 1st rotation WR's out of the game to develop younger receivers.

IF... IF... UT sells out to pressure UF's QB's to the level UM pressured them then the Vols should win. If they try to play "catch" again on D... UF will "find its identity" on O. IF UT's OL holds the pocket and provides some running lanes then the Vol O will produce points.

I think this game comes down to the guys we aren't spending a lot of time talking about... both OL's vs both front 7's.

Last edited by sjt18; 09-12-2017 at 03:43 PM..
sjt18 is online now   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-12-2017, 03:37 PM   #14
Volunteer Pride
Vol For Eternity

Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose?
Loss. I'm just not confident enough in our D sadly
Volunteer Pride is online now   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-12-2017, 03:38 PM   #15
Bluetic

Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose? Straight up, now tell me:  win or lose?
Should have won three strait, but we do make it two in a row. Vols prevail!
Bluetic is offline   Reply With Quote TOP