Finebaum: Shoop needs to go

secking

Finebaum says that Adams is saying if Tn loses to Fla, that Shoop needs to go. Is firing coordinators the new thing in cfb? Two got fired last week. If Tn loses Saturday, no reason to let Shoop go, he has to have time to play his defense with a stacked deck, he hasn't had that yet.

Fla should not get 300 yards Saturday, if they do, it's a miracle. Their offense is even worse than in the past. Ive never seen them this bad.

Hypothetical, if Fla gets 400 or heaven forbid 500 yards Saturday, do you make the move?

I think it's all for naught.
TN 31 FL 10 (they have a pick 6)

Reactions: 9 people
i think it's a fruitless endeavour to find scenarios to fire or retain coordinators after two games.

results will dictate what happens.

Reactions: 10 people
Finebaum says that Adams is saying if Tn loses to Fla, that Shoop needs to go. Is firing coordinators the new thing in cfb? Two got fired last week. If Tn loses Saturday, no reason to let Shoop go, he has to have time to play his defense with a stacked deck, he hasn't had that yet.

Fla should not get 300 yards Saturday, if they do, it's a miracle. Their offense is even worse than in the past. Ive never seen them this bad.

Hypothetical, if Fla gets 400 or heaven forbid 500 yards Saturday, do you make the move?

What is the definition of a stacked deck? Is it no injuries? Having a full compliment of All-SEC players in the 2 deep? How many teams have the luxury of playing with a "stacked deck" outside of Bammer?

Reactions: 3 people
What is the definition of a stacked deck? Is it no injuries? Having a full compliment of All-SEC players in the 2 deep? How many teams have the luxury of playing with a "stacked deck" outside of Bammer?

A full compliment of healthy players, at least for two straight games, hasn't happened.

Reactions: 2 people
to be fair, finebaum had a guy on from gainesville yesterday that basically said the same thing about Nussmier......to say confidence is low regarding these two coordinators is an understatement.

If Tn loses Saturday, no reason to let Shoop go, he has to have time to play his defense with a stacked deck, he hasn't had that yet.
)

Are you seriously suggesting that Shoop needs a stacked deck on defense to provide that he is a good coach?

Finebaum needs to go

It was actually Finebaum quoting Adams... and Adams has been an idiot for a very long time. I'm not sure why he's still employed. I guess for the same reason people get on youtube and watch videos of fatal car wrecks.

Reactions: 7 people
i think it's a fruitless endeavour to find scenarios to fire or retain coordinators after two games.

results will dictate what happens.

I tend to look at how the previous school performs after the coach leaves. PSU has got a LOT better since Shoop. It's the reason they should've made the CFP over OSU last year.

Are you seriously suggesting that Shoop needs a stacked deck on defense to provide that he is a good coach?

Shoop needs better players. My question at this point would be how much Jones is influencing personnel and playing time decisions. Surely a guy who has coached up his best athletes at Vandy and PSU to make good D's wouldn't make some of the player decisions he's made so far on his own, would he?

Reactions: 4 people
I tend to look at how the previous school performs after the coach leaves. PSU has got a LOT better since Shoop. It's the reason they should've made the CFP over OSU last year.

i do think there's things stacking up against Shoop, that on a first pass don't make a good case for him.

that said, i still find it hard to believe that so many were so wrong about this guy.

it's not a myth that Shoop was in very high demand, and very highly regarded, and considered one of the best DC's in college football.

still......as things are left to linger....and you start putting pcs together, it will get harder and hard to keep saying all those things, if the results don't change.

It's absurd to be talking about firing Shoop 2 games into the season without anybody close to capable on staff to fill in. He's faced 2 unconventional offenses in the first 2 games. ISU was held in check well enough for a 35pt win. See what happens against a conventional offense (albeit a dysfunctional one) and then we can start having discussion about if a change in the offseason is necessary. Odom fired his D coordinator because hes an ex-D coordinator and figures he can call a better game than the guy he fired.

Finebaum is just filling time with this nonsense.

Might as well let him finish season because if Vols do not win SEC East then everybody on staff will be gone

Reactions: 1 person
This is a bit premature. We all know he was left pretty short handed last year and we don't have a good body of work this year. We'll see...

Shoop needs better players. My question at this point would be how much Jones is influencing personnel and playing time decisions. Surely a guy who has coached up his best athletes at Vandy and PSU to make good D's wouldn't make some of the player decisions he's made so far on his own, would he?

You honestly think he had better athletes at Vandy and first year at PSU than he does here? Lol

My only guess, and just a guess is CBJ isnt letting them run the defense, in which case he needs to go.

We will never play with the big boys unless we have a very good defense.
I don`t understand all the hype surrounding him. He has not impressed me one bit.
I do hope he can turn things around, and soon.

VN Store

Back