*****2017 VolNation CFB Season Pick Contest: Week 3

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Guys, welcome to the 14th annual weekly pick contest, which will last the entire season and consist of 13 weekly entries.

Each week I will select 10 games from around college football, which will be posted usually on Monday. However, this week and next will be Tuesday due to the Georgia Tech game being on Monday. I will not include any Thursday or Friday games, just to keep things consistent with the entry deadline.

All entries will be due before noon (Eastern Time) on Saturday.

The season winner will receive a $300 Amazon gift card.

In order to be eligible to win, your user name for the contest, must match your VolNation user name. If you're reading this and don't have an account, you can register here. It's free and simple.

VolNation Registration

Please post in this thread if you have any questions, suggestions, or comments.

Also, I strongly suggest setting up a recurring reminder on your computer or phone. If you miss a week, you can still have fun competing with other members, but it will be really hard for you to win the contest.

Contest Home:
2017 VolNation Pick Contest

This week's Entry (be sure to hit refresh each week if you see last week): ENTER YOUR PICKS

Last week's Results: http://www.volnation.com/pool/cfb2017/currentstandings.html

Season Standings: Season Standings

Don't forget to enter the pick-the-score contest for this week: Coming Soon.

Freak, the GT vs Cent Fl game is cancelled. Do I get an auto win for already picking? Just kidding.

I too went ahead and picked for the cancelled GT @ UCF game and submitted my picks.

Last edited:
We had a freebie last year, too. If I remember correctly. No big dealyO.

Leave it to me. Sorry about the cancelled game. That one obviously won’t count.

Tied for 2nd !!!!
There are some interesting match-ups this week though...Purdue can't be that bad, can they???
Texas Tech / AzSt will be interesting as well.
Good Luck this week brothers and sisters - there should be some seperation with these picks.

Just a heads up, Gtech and UCF has been cancelled

Edit: Fail. Sorry Freak, didn't see that this has been addressed.

Last edited:
I picked Florida. If Tennessee wins, I won't care about the point. If Florida wins, at least I got a point.

I picked Florida. If Tennessee wins, I won't care about the point. If Florida wins, at least I got a point.

This game is like picking Notre Dame vs anyone. Pick whichever one is favored and at home, then pick the opposite.

I'm doing the same thing. Plus I don't trust Butch in this game. Florida is a mess and they should be extremely rusty but these are the exact games Butch tends to lose.

WOW...JUST WOW...I think a blind squirrel could have done better than me this week.

VN Store

Back