Biggest Issue from Saturday: No Refill on Souvenir Cups

mrredskin

That Guy aka WattsBarBro
While slightly bigger than last year, there's no free refill. Same price.

First/only drink at the game now has to be a double instead of spacing out between halves.

Ain't life a b?

Reactions: 10 people

First/only drink at the game now has to be a double instead of spacing out between halves.

Ain't life a b?

This is your only complaint? You do know we only beat Indiana ST by 35, right?

Reactions: 2 people
I rewatched the game..besides the D playing a yard off the line of scrimmage it wasn't that bad. It was absolutely a ho hum just go through the motions type game. I don't even think I saw a single blitz..

The announcers even said there would be nothing special to see during the game.

Ain't life a b?

That definitely presents a challenge. The unlimited refill policy at the opener made watching the opposing team run over us bearable.

Reactions: 1 person
The bigger deal to me was the stadium didn't post scores from other games of interest across the SEC and the country. I've been attending games for more decades than I like to admit and that's the first time I can recall when that happened.

Reactions: 4 people
Cup is a little bigger than last year.

Also no refill on the large popcorn..... Fee program doesn't have roster listed in it. They want you to buy the bigger program now.....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Also no refill on the large popcorn..... Fee program doesn't have roster listed in it. They want you to buy the bigger program now.....

didn't realize that. more travesty!

The bigger deal to me was the stadium didn't post scores from other games of interest across the SEC and the country. I've been attending games for more decades than I like to admit and that's the first time I can recall when that happened.

i noticed that too. they did seem to increase the advertising on that marquee tho. go figure.

Wow I complained to my wife about all three things;

$7 for a no refill drink
No lineup in the handout programs

And

No scores on the scoreboard. Because we really need to see the words to rocky top on the ribbons all game and the 3rd down crap blinking in our face?

Are we the only stadium now without wifi? If they aren't going to keep scores rotating, at least give us that. It's ridiculous

Reactions: 5 people

I can't remember if it was last year's or 2 years ago where the plastic cups very pretty slippery with ice and beverage in them. If they're bigger, did you need 2 hands?

Last edited:
MB Stadium certainly spoiled me...

Jack Daniels on tap and the BEST "Jumbo-Tron"I've EVER seent...

That was a glaring absence during the game that I noticed as well. I understand that people have cell phones to check scores, but I guess I'm one of the few that doesn't like to be glued to my phone the entire time I'm watching a game that I paid money to watch in person!

And as the other poster said, the advertisements were ramped up considerably.

I noticed this as well and was annoyed by it. On the positive side my phone coverage was the best it's ever been in Neyland and I was able to check scores on my phone.

Bobby Denton's FANTASTIC calling out "Other Scores of Interest" should be continued...

Didn't realize they had been doing free refills. I don't like to go out more than once during a game so wouldn't have known

I rewatched the game..besides the D playing a yard off the line of scrimmage it wasn't that bad. It was absolutely a ho hum just go through the motions type game. I don't even think I saw a single blitz..

The announcers even said there would be nothing special to see during the game.

Uh-oh someone either missed the point of this thread or didn't even read the original post before going off half-cocked.

Reactions: 3 people
Didn't realize they had been doing free refills. I don't like to go out more than once during a game so wouldn't have known

If you bought the souvenir cup there was a sticker on it for 1 re-fill.

Ain't life a b?

Stuff like that really p***es me off. Just as soon as you get things figured out and get into a rhythm they go and change it. Now I have to completely re-plan my game day. And since it messes up both halves the WHOLE damn day needs to be re-planned. Seriously they just need to clean house in Knoxville. Everyone from John Currie to Butch to the guy that carries the stupid garbage can needs to be fired.

I can't remember if it was last year's or 2 years ago where the plastic cups very pretty slippery with ice and beverage in them. If they're bigger, did you need 2 hands?

Ha! Just enough texture on the cap to keep it from slipping, once you have a few sips! I did use two hand at the beginning.

On another note, the candied cashews were expensive but excellent! No free refills on those either.

Section C we got free refills on drinks. Lady said free refills all game. Maybe we got lucky

VN Store

Back