Injury updates thread

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
As requested. I don't have time to update the names right now but if someone wants to help me out I'll update this post. Otherwise, I'll get to the updates later on.

Could you have an injury stickey that can be updated for each weeks games.
If would have: definitely out and possibly out names.
Would be much easier to find that wafting thru many threads.
Thanx.

Jacquez Jones - out for the season
Darrin Kirkland - out for the sseason
Chance Hall - out for the season
K'Rojhn Calbert - out for the season
Jauan Jennings - ou 12 weeks

Austin Smith - OUT for GT
Drew Richmond - suspended for GT

Marcus Tatum - OUT for Indiana St.
Austin Smith - questionable Indiana St
Kendal Vickers questionable Indiana St
Tyler Byrd - questionable
Latrell Williams - questionable
Josh Smith - questionable
Baylen Buchanan - questionable Indiana St
Evan Berry - questionable Indiana St
Todd Kelly Jr - rumored injury in practice this week

Reactions: 3 people
Kirkland - season
Jennings - 12 weeks
Tatum - at least Indy St
Byrd - questionable
Williams - questionable
Smith - questionable

Last edited:
As requested. I don't have time to update the names right now but if someone wants to help me out I'll update this post. Otherwise, I'll get to the updates later on.

Appreciate your attention Freak. Get to it when you can. :good!: Pretty sure our more diligent posters will help out. :detective:

Reactions: 1 person
Austin Smith questionable Indiana St
Vickers questionable Indiana St
Chance Hall out for the season
K'Rojhn Calbert out for the season
Baylen Buchanan questionable Indiana St
Evan Berry questionable Indiana St
hearing Todd Kelly might have an issue, can't confirm yet

Austin Smith questionable Indiana St
Vickers questionable Indiana St
Chance Hall out for the season
K'Rojhn Calbert out for the season
Baylen Buchanan questionable Indiana St
Evan Berry questionable Indiana St
hearing Todd Kelly might have an issue, can't confirm yet

Thanks LWS. I'll update.

So that's 16 players that are questionable/injured/suspended and we're only one game in. Thank goodness we have Indiana State this week. We desperately need some of these guys to rest up and get back to 100%. Or at least close to it.

Last edited:
Thanks but dang. I'll add this to my already sizable prayer list. Anybody able to compare and contrast our injuries with other SEC schools? I also have the feeling that once injured, likely to re-injure.

What the heck did Byrd do to get injured? Was it in practice? Did he jam his finger from dropping passes in the GT game?

Reactions: 5 people
tweaked knee in game

Thanks... looks like we have 14 players after the first game either out for the season or "questionable" for Saturday... seriously? I know many are just precautionary but good Lawd. Remember when that anonymous coach or reporter called us soft?

I suspect by week 4 or 5 it will likely be easier to track which players are healthy and available to play. Hopefully that number is >= 24

ASmith and Buchanan are out tomorrow. Vickers and JSmith can play, but may not as a precaution.

Due to Berry's torn ACL, I think its safe to say there are just being cautious with his PT. Its only been 10 months since he tore it. I'd imagine he still gets swelling after every practice. No need to have him return kicks in this game.

Reactions: 2 people
Freak, you can take TKJr off the list. Besteresque just heard TK Sr confirmed through Basilio that TJKr is just fine, will play tomorrow.

Just updated the first post, but Kelly Sr. told Tony Basilio that TK Jr. is fine and will play tomorrow.

Go Vols!

Will Tuttle and Josh Smith play?
If not, will they play (and start) vs Gators?

Will Tuttle and Josh Smith play?
If not, will they play (and start) vs Gators?

I think Shy and Josh and pretty much everyone listed as "questionable" in the OP are kind of in the same boat. Any of them probably COULD play if needed, but all have nagging issues or could use additional recovery time, so are being treated with caution for now.

Which means unless they just wake up feeling great, good chance they'll all get the day off Saturday, more or less.

Which isn't a bad thing!

JSmith, Vickers and Byrd all practiced. All were limited. JSmith is still no-contact, but he's cleared to play. Byrd was taken out of the PR rotation, probably as a precaution, but Callaway has that locked up, at least for now. Tuttle doesn't get a lot of live reps; he's still doing drills on the sideline to get game-ready. TKJr has been dinged up and was limited against GT, as was Picou and AJohnson, both coming off nagging injuries.

I hope we rest as many of these guys as we can as much as we can. UF is only a week away, and we need these guys healthy.

Jacquez Jones - out for the season
Darrin Kirkland - out for the sseason
Chance Hall - out for the season
K'Rojhn Calbert - out for the season
Jauan Jennings - ou 12 weeks

Austin Smith - OUT for GT
Drew Richmond - suspended for GT

Marcus Tatum - OUT for Indiana St.
Austin Smith - questionable Indiana St
Kendal Vickers questionable Indiana St
Tyler Byrd - questionable
Latrell Williams - questionable
Josh Smith - questionable
Baylen Buchanan - questionable Indiana St
Evan Berry - questionable Indiana St
Todd Kelly Jr - rumored injury in practice this week

Thanks freak

Saw the video of Josh Smith's one handed catch a day ago in practice. Him and Tuttle were out for GT so if they need another week of rest/conditioning they should take it. We will be ok.

VN Store

Back