What Other Message Boards Are Saying: Georgia Tech Edition

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
My brethren!! (and sist....ren).

The offseason was as brutal as ever. I had some serious, good life changing events happen this offseason, and at no point did it ever buffer or curb my cravings for Tennessee football. But the offseason is over now, and the Big Orange is ready to take the field against a mid-tier ACC Team that thinks very highly of themselves.

They have certainly been chatty. Their handling of 3 SEC-E teams last year has them refusing in any way to see this game as a loss, though losing their starting RB changed some tunes about the relative ease of our matchup.

Without further ado.... here's what the Tech faithful are saying about Monday's match in Atlanta:

-To start off.... some trash talk'ish (admittedly funny) responses to the rumored suspensions of our players. For context: the original tweet said "Could possibly be bad news coming from Knoxville"
Butch Jones 5-year contract extension?
This thread is now the thread to speculate on what the bad news is.

Here's my guess:

Football season about to start?
I'm sure blazing up feels better than being chop blocked.

-They seem to really dislike us. This is from a thread titled "Attention dip**** Tennessee fans":
Go öööö yourselves.
stick your d*** in a blender, voltards
Glad we get a warm-up game before Jacksonville state. GT 31 Tennessee 17

-On their starting RB being dismissed:
We lost our star player who could have put us over the edge. It's also a demoralizing situation for the whole team. I'll be honest with you, I'll make up my mind about the season after I watch them play but it's not looking very good right now.
Why are we drug testing at this point in the season anyways?
Same probability [of winning].
Liked Marshall a lot then Mills supplanted him.
I trust that CPJ has been stock piling these guys.
Next man up.
Yes this hurts but oh well.

-General discussion on our program as a whole:
One thing about last year, no matter how bad Tenn looked in the 1st half, they played a lot better in 2nd half, or if they looked real good early, not so good 2nd half. Don't get excited about early lead.
I don't claim to be an expert on UT but did watch them a couple of games last year. They have speed and quickness but lacked some toughness. They like to put the ball up but will work in some running game to keep you honest. But they pass to set up the run. As far as UT defense, I think we pound but hard to say. The TO is an offense set up to allow you to stop one thing like pounding, but have to give up something else like the pitch. I believe they will try to make the QB run it but just a guess.
Here is what I know, other than the bowl game UT gave up 443 rushing yards to KY, 420 rushing yards to Mizzou, 192 rushing yards to Vandy, and in all three of those games gave up over 600 total yards. I think Mizzou ran 120 plays on them. And let's be blunt, neither of these three teams are rushing powerhouses.

-On the game itself:
I want UT to stay healthy. I don't wanna hear any excuses when we beat them.
For us, Tenn is 4th toughest game at best. Clemson, Miami and the mutts are all higher and I would typically put vpi above you but you beat them last year and both teams lost a lot. North Carolina and Pitt both lost a lot which is why I have you over them but they've owned us lately.
Last year ‪GT ‬ranked 4th nationally in runs of 40+ yds. (13). Tennessee ranked 112th in runs of 40+ yds. allowed.

-In further discussing the suspensions, apparently Butch has a reputation for being dirty and running a dirty program.......
This is the same program that tried to cover up, or minimize a possible player involved rape right? And violently ran off another player that attempted to provide aid to the alleged victim.

No one should be surprised at how slimy Butch is. On par with that Dbag at Lville.

-I came across this comment, responding to comparisons between our game and the 48-20 pounding they received from UNC last year:
Watching the UNC game is worthless. UT doesn't have a fraction of the offensive fire power of UNC. I hate UNC for a lot of reasons but they are a very good offense and offensively have owned us for the past few years

-In a thread titled "Who is the dumbest fan base we face this year (besides UGA)?" Tennessee got almost half of the votes.

-They have ZERO respect for Butch Jones. A quick surf across all of their boards will reveal ample amounts of Butch bashing. "Moral victories, 5-star hearts, Life Champs, blah blah etc etc". I suspect the repeating of these terms will be a weekly occurrence this season.

-I couldn't help but laugh. A poster started a thread saying "What RB do you start against UT?".... the first post was just a crying/tears gif.

-General score predictions have them winning an intermediate-scoring affair. GT 31-34 with UT 24-28. I struggled to find any GT fan predicting a GT loss.

-In regards to fan seating, they don't seem to know anything about the rumored "gold out" or "white out" for this game. They are doing a "gold out" the following week for Jacksonville State

-From surfing their boards I discovered vegas has their over/under win total for the season at 6. Naturally, they aren't happy about it

-They frequently refer to themselves as "SEC East Champs" after bringing down 2016 powerhouses Vandy, KY, and UGA

UT is back. VN is able to focus 100% on football. It's about to cool down and leaves are about to start falling again. The best time of the year is here. Let's show up to the GA Tech game and blow some ear drums!!

GBO!!! ITS FOOTBALL TIME!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 68 people
This is always one of the most-anticipated weekly series of the season.

Thank you for it, sir. :good!:

Reactions: 6 people
giphy.gif

Reactions: 4 people
Cute to see them engineers attemp to trash talk us simple folks. I'm kinda skeered. Please don't post no more of that scary stuff. :cray:

Reactions: 2 people
My brethren!! (and sist....ren).

The offseason was as brutal as ever. I had some serious, good life changing events happen this offseason, and at no point did it ever buffer or curb my cravings for Tennessee football. But the offseason is over now, and the Big Orange is ready to take the field against a mid-tier ACC Team that thinks very highly of themselves.

They have certainly been chatty. Their handling of 3 SEC-E teams last year has them refusing in any way to see this game as a loss, though losing their starting RB changed some tunes about the relative ease of our matchup.

Without further ado.... here's what the Tech faithful are saying about Monday's match in Atlanta:

-To start off.... some trash talk'ish (admittedly funny) responses to the rumored suspensions of our players. For context: the original tweet said "Could possibly be bad news coming from Knoxville"

-They seem to really dislike us. This is from a thread titled "Attention dip**** Tennessee fans":

-On their starting RB being dismissed:

-General discussion on our program as a whole:

-On the game itself:

-In further discussing the suspensions, apparently Butch has a reputation for being dirty and running a dirty program.......

-I came across this comment, responding to comparisons between our game and the 48-20 pounding they received from UNC last year:

-In a thread titled "Who is the dumbest fan base we face this year (besides UGA)?" Tennessee got almost half of the votes.

-They have ZERO respect for Butch Jones. A quick surf across all of their boards will reveal ample amounts of Butch bashing. "Moral victories, 5-star hearts, Life Champs, blah blah etc etc". I suspect the repeating of these terms will be a weekly occurrence this season.

-I couldn't help but laugh. A poster started a thread saying "What RB do you start against UT?".... the first post was just a crying/tears gif.

-General score predictions have them winning an intermediate-scoring affair. GT 31-34 with UT 24-28. I struggled to find any GT fan predicting a GT loss.

-In regards to fan seating, they don't seem to know anything about the rumored "gold out" or "white out" for this game. They are doing a "gold out" the following week for Jacksonville State

-From surfing their boards I discovered vegas has their over/under win total for the season at 6. Naturally, they aren't happy about it

-They frequently refer to themselves as "SEC East Champs" after bringing down 2016 powerhouses Vandy, KY, and UGA

UT is back. VN is able to focus 100% on football. It's about to cool down and leaves are about to start falling again. The best time of the year is here. Let's show up to the GA Tech game and blow some ear drums!!

GBO!!! ITS FOOTBALL TIME!!!!

Regarding the early part of your post cataloging the "Attention Dipish Vol fans" thread ....what did we ever do to GaTech? We're not rivals, when's the last time we played them? 1980-what? Jeez.

And the crap about Butch running a dirty program and covering up a rape investigation....wtf? These people are clueless.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
"I've watched UT a bit, and I know they don't run much comparatively to their passing game"

:crazy::crazy:

Reactions: 13 people
Why does it seem like every fan base out there has a vendetta against us... There's a difference between trash talk and getting their panties in a wad.

Interesting stat that we were 112th in allowing runs of 40+ yards while their offense was 4th in generating runs of that distance.

It's official. The 2017 season is nigh.

Thanks, chatt. Love these threads.

Being in the engineering world, I am in the unfortunate situation of working with several Ga.Tech engineers. First of all most of them are arrogant as hell. Secondly most of them suck at engineering because they think God ordained them as managers, even when they aren't, meaning they suck at engineering and can't make management.
So here is to hoping my beloved Vols kick the ever loving sh!t out of the Georgia Institute of Technology next week and go shove your mouth up your a$$!

Reactions: 10 people
It seems like someone on their site would read up to see if there was an explanation for giving up all those rushing yes. No one over there heard about the decimation of injuries?

Can't wait to see what they have to offer after the game...

It's amazing how little knowledge a typical fan has of a team other than their own.

VN Store

Back