Writer's poll-SEC East

My first reaction...Chip Patterson is an idiot. No way we finish 4th below USCe and Kentucky finishes last

First Vols fans are preoccupied with polls. Next, they are preoccupied with what sports writers think.

Now, it's a poll of sports writers. At least you can say you all are consistent.

So...you don't count yourself as a Vols fan?

Reactions: 5 people
The WORST part of these predictions... is that everyone forgets them after the season starts. I wish there were a way to hold these guys accountable for their predictions. I mean if a coach can lose his job by not winning... shouldn't these guys who ultimately contribute to that coach losing his job have some skin in the game?

Reactions: 7 people
I am amazed at the level of angst people go through with these predictions.

Go ahead, SEC East fan, play that "lack of respect" card as if you haven't earned it. While each school has proven it can provide a face palm moment, no school has proven it can do something noteworthy.

Furthermore, the difference between 4th and 1st may be one game. We don't know injuries. We don't know jack. May I remind everyone that, ultimately, the game that decided the SEC East last season was actually....drum roll please....Florida vs. Vanderbilt.

This exercise is supposed to be fun, not scientific.

Edit: Vandy was 3-5 in SEC, not 4-4. Vandy beating Florida would have changed nothing

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people

Go ahead, SEC East fan, play that "lack of respect" card as if you haven't earned it. While each school has proven it can provide a face palm moment, no school has proven it can do something noteworthy.

Furthermore, the difference between 4th and 1st may be one game. We don't know injuries. We don't know jack. May I remind everyone that, ultimately, the game that decided the SEC East last season was actually....drum roll please....Florida vs. Vanderbilt.

I agree. I dont even bother reading this junk. Its just 1 persons opinion of a team they know less about than half the people on this board.

As each week goes by game by game the narrative changes. Right now these are just click baits to get ppl talking.

Underrated

Tennessee: Can somebody explain to me how South Carolina received more first-place votes in the preseason SEC media poll than Tennessee? I understand the Vols didn't meet the hype last year, but they got off to an excellent start before injuries began piling up. I also understand that there are plenty of questions surrounding this team entering 2017, but which team in the SEC East can we not say that about? The Vols have just as good a shot at winning the East as everyone else, and they have a better shot than South Carolina. -- Tom Fornelli

My man.

200.gif

Reactions: 3 people
Well, I see someone loves his spot back in the FF where he can troll UT.

Can we get his access shut back off in 12 days?

Reactions: 1 person
Dennis Dodd must draw predictions out of a hat. One week he's saying Butch Jones is underrated and spearheading a comeback season; a few weeks later, he's saying Muschamp is going to beat Butch again and finish higher in the SECE. Not sure if Dodd needs to drink more or drink less... but he definitely needs to talk and write less.

Well, I see someone loves his spot back in the FF where he can troll UT.

Can we get his access shut back off in 12 days?

I see nothing wrong with pointing out that in the end, in a sense, UT did not control it's own destiny. I think that point is made here quite often.

I see nothing wrong with pointing out that in the end, in a sense, UT did not control it's own destiny. I think that point is made here quite often.

You know, it's okay for families to mess with each other. But you outsiders need to back off.

1-3: Florida, Georgia or Tennessee.
4: Kentucky
5: SCAR
6: Vandy
7: Mizzou

Florida: loses 8 starters on D. Veteran OL/WRs, Shaky QB, Top knotch Kicking, TN at home, LSU, aTm at Home, UGA @ Jax. Open with Mich at Arlington, TX I think.
Georgia: Brings back most starters, about 18. Last year underperformed at OL and WR. MissSt at home, Auburn and Tenn on the road, FL in Jax.
Tennessee: Lost best players to draft but some were hurt and didn't have an impact for most games last season such as CAM, JRM. Veteran OL/TE/Secondary, Coaching upgrades, S&C upgrades, injuries shouldn't be nearly as bad. Top notch Special Teams. Great talent to replace lost stars. A QB coach. Georgia, & LSU at Home. AL & Fl on the road. Open with GT in Atl which is more or less home for GT.

Without the Alabama game, I would put us at a minimum tied for 1st. I just think Georgia will choke and their schedule is very tough with Non Conference games against NDame and GT on the road. If they don't beat MissSt, it is over for them. Florida's key is getting their Defense to gel by the Tennessee Game and QB play which isn't particularly encouraging just yet.

I guess it boils down to early momentum and play vs SECwest opponents.
I'll go with TN or FL to win SECeast
TN, GA or FL to be SECeast Runner up and 3rd place finisher.

You know, it's okay for families to mess with each other. But you outsiders need to back off.

TBH. The Florida guys are more realistic and say more positive things about our team than a lot of our "fans" do. The second something happens or Butch coughs in an interview, suddenly the sky is falling in Knoxville.

Maybe some Vol fans could learn something from the Gators contributors on here. Hahaha.

I bet that comment is going to jimmy some jimmys....

Reactions: 4 people

I've come to ignore you thru out the years, you're jus like herpes from what I hear..

VN Store

Back