Neyland Seating Question

FBtime

Taking the family to our first game in a while for the UMass game. Looks like seats in the EE and FF section are pretty good views and not too expensive. I notice this is also in the student section so maybe that's why. I know students can be rowdy but do you think it would be that bad for UMass?

Also...what's a good spot for parking as far as proximity to stadium and ease of getting out? Don't mind paying a little more to be closer to stadium.

The "problem" in those sections early in the season is that if the kickoff is early, you'll bake up there. The sun can get brutal.

Reactions: 2 people
The "problem" in those sections early in the season is that if the kickoff is early, you'll bake up there. The sun can get brutal.

Well it's a 4pm kickoff so hoping it would be kinda hot for an hour or so and then cool off as sun set.

Taking the family to our first game in a while for the UMass game. Looks like seats in the EE and FF section are pretty good views and not too expensive. I notice this is also in the student section so maybe that's why. I know students can be rowdy but do you think it would be that bad for UMass?

Also...what's a good spot for parking as far as proximity to stadium and ease of getting out? Don't mind paying a little more to be closer to stadium.

I would NOT park. In and Out of the stadium you're dealing with small roads so it'll take forever to get out when the game's over and you're tired. JMO

I would park downtown somewhere and just walk. It's no more than a 15 or 20 minute walk to the stadium from there. Parking near the stadium is near impossible without buying someone's parking pass. That's your best bet if you absolutely cannot stand to walk a little extra and don't mind paying more money. Keep in mind though that the closer you park to the stadium, the worse traffic will be once the game is over. As far as the students go, you'll be in the upper deck so they won't be near as bad. Also, it's not a big game either. I wouldn't worry about them. Even at a 4 p.m. kickoff, the sun will be brutal pretty much the entire game though, assuming it's sunny that afternoon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Park at the civic coliseum and pay $6 to get a ride to the stadium and back. That's what I do, and the interstate is right there.

You will be fine with students. As to parking, from that side you can park at Church St Methodist and it is a decent walk. If you can find it, 11th St garage is handy for east side, too.

I prefer parking at Church St Methodist Church. If you live south it is great. Exit the parking lot, right onto Henley and once across the bridge traffic pretty much moves. Get on John Sevier Highway and jump back over to Alcoa Highway. It is a bit of a walk but you aren't going anywhere after the game anyway.

Kickoff time is not set yet, and others are right, the sun is on those sections longer than any other section. I set in GG and get the sun a tiny bit less than them.

Students wont be an issue. For that game, there likely wont be any students in those sections. When i was a student and got stuck with tickets up there, it was a whole different atmosphere. Everyone sat down and it was more normal. Nothing like sitting down in E,F, or G.

Overall, i think you'll be solid with seats in those sections. I dont think it will be THAT hot in late September and like i said, the student thing shouldnt be a worry.

giphy-1.gif
I posted the incorrect information.... have corrected it.........

Last edited:
Park in the State St garage. It's free and then it's about a 15 min walk through Knoxville down to the stadium. After the game, it's a safe walk back and you avoid a lot of the traffic making it easier to get home.

EE and FF are good seats but you will be in the sun until around 6 pm (assumint 4 pm kick off) and it will be hot.

Thanks for the info guys! I was thinking about the 4pm kickoff time for Indiana State. Hopefully it is also late afternoon time!

I prefer parking at Church St Methodist Church. If you live south it is great. Exit the parking lot, right onto Henley and once across the bridge traffic pretty much moves. Get on John Sevier Highway and jump back over to Alcoa Highway. It is a bit of a walk but you aren't going anywhere after the game anyway.

How much is the church now? I had heard they went up in price and even sectioned off the top of the lot for a higher price as well...

16 and 12...the 16 year old will probably want to go join them lol.

Don't allow it. This could be a great opportunity to point out misbehavior without it being one of your own kids. Learn from their mistakes.

But don't give them any ideas.

The reason I asked about the ages is the amount of walking. 12 and 16 can usually handle plenty. Let them know they will be walking up hill both ways.

Ditto. One of the worst facial sunburns of my life came in EE. I think it was in 1990 against UCLA.
Take the SPF50 and a hat. Watch other section for any empty seats and move. I'll bet the stadium either won't be packed or stay that way past half time.

How much is the church now? I had heard they went up in price and even sectioned off the top of the lot for a higher price as well...

I paid $20 last year and will do that again this year. Better get there at least 2 hours early. It might sound steep but, if I'm going to pay that, I'm fine with it believing it's going to the church.

Thanks for the info guys! I was thinking about the 4pm kickoff time for Indiana State. Hopefully it is also late afternoon time!

You absolutely don't want a 4pm kick. You'll cook.

Pray for Noon or a night game, or better yet... clouds.

My parking advice never changes. Market Square and ride the trolley down to the stadium.

I'm with GAVol. Park and ride the trolley. There's free parking (it was last year) under
I-40 in the Old City. Trolley picks you up at Barley's Taproom. Think it's like $4 or so for roundtrip. Definitely give yourself time to hit Market Square and Gay St. They've done an excellent job revitalizing that area since I left campus in 2000.

You absolutely don't want a 4pm kick. You'll cook.

Pray for Noon or a night game, or better yet... clouds.

My parking advice never changes. Market Square and ride the trolley down to the stadium.

That sounds fun...after doing some digging it seems like a no brainer. Free parking at Market Street garage and a $6 round trip right to the stadium.

That sounds fun...after doing some digging it seems like a no brainer. Free parking at Market Street garage and a $6 round trip right to the stadium.

It's as easy as it sounds. Drops you off up the hill from the stadium. Very easy walk; especially good with kids.

VN Store

Back