Don't shoot the messenger (not bad! Just interesting gossip)

Booker512

First and foremost. This is hearsay and forum gossip. I would just copy and paste, but I do not have the guys permission to do so and it's from another Tennessee forum so I don't know how that works, etc.

I'm paraphrasing what this "insider" has said. He claims his family has some history within the program and they are well respected in Knoxville etc. you get the picture. But he said this information come from someone who "doesn't get much more credibile than this" and "has been heavily involved with Tennessee football for decades and has the ability to freely attend practices".....like I said. Take from that what you wish. Again, I'm just repeating what I read over there.

But he said our defense is fantastic. They are playing to the level they should be. Everyone will be pleasantly surprised at how well they play this year.

Our offensive line is struggling some. (Not completey incompetent. Just some. Remember-this could just be our Dline is strong as hell)...but he also said our run game will be great, so I'm assuming he just means in pass protection? But he said that they think that could be bc guys have been missing and I guess have not synced up yet. But you could see Dormady on his back a little more, but that's also to be expected from the change in QB scheme. It is what it is. Etc.

Butch is loved "a lot" by our players and their families. But maybe he has a little bit of a public speaking phobia? Said he has trouble relaxing around strangers or in front of the media. Maybe that's why he is a bit more robotic in interviews...to maybe have an easier time talking to the media? Said his job is safe with the people that matter in Knoxville, barring a complete meltdown or an Ole Miss type scandal. BUT if Butch does have a 9-10 win season and the hot seat talk continues, he could turn his success if turning Tennessee around into a job someplace else with less pressure. Said he loves everything about the team and Knoxville, but the non-stop bashing is wearing on him. This person did not say that his "connection" directly heard this from Butch, but that he inferred it from how he is/has talked I am assuming.

For 2017: The coaching staff feels that this is without a doubt, worst case scenario an 8 win team. With a good possibility of going 10+ with some "nice surprises".

He went on to say that this "source" was as "inside as it gets" and when further poked by other forum members about if the person he talked with mattered within the circle of people responsible for evaluating Butch in regards to firing him he responded "he pretty much is the circle".

Lol. So again, I just paraphrased what the guy said. I'm not trying to pretend I have any kind of connections. I'm a tool and die maker in SC. Haha. I just read a lot.

Take all this with a grain of salt. You know how sports boards are. Lol. But that is a curiosity and it kinda stirs the coals a bit for me about this season.

Isn't August pure torture? 😂

Reactions: 60 people
See: "gossip" and "curiosity" in the dictionary.

Step back from ledge. You put it out there, I can respond however I please. At this point, tn fans want anything they can get bc Butch keeps a tight lid on all info. You will get blow back when you post something that proclaims to be majorly insider but falls a bit short. Be alright. Good try.

Said it many times. Butch is a class act. I love what he's done turning around the program and we have done worse hiring coaches. However, if he wants a lot of the questions about his ability to win big here to stop then he needs to answer some in that area. I hope he does but doesn't change the fact he hasn't quite gotten it there. I also think the media does prod him more to try and see if ever deviates from his coach speak. It gets clicks and subscriptions. So basically just win.

Reactions: 7 people
Appreciate the info Booker! Try not to take it personally but the info is a bit "Hyams-esque".

I'm not taking it personally and I knew that when I posted it. I tried my best to convey the fact i understood it was just a curious thing. Not some groundbreaking information. Not even something that many do not already know...just a slightly different 'slant' on a situation many of us are aware of. Even the title of the thread is designed to give the impression I'm not trying to pretend I have some gold nugget of truth here. It's literally gossip. I know it's gossip. I said in the post it was gossip. The title of the thread has the word "gossip" in it. I know we are somewhat aware of these things, but when you have multiple sources of the same type of rumor, that tends to lend a little more credibility to it (At least that logic applies to suspension rumors around here) It was merely intended to stir up conversation...that's all.....that's what the board is here for...to gossip about our team....I thought this fit the bill...

Reactions: 15 people
I really don't think that college coaches sit around and talk, even with insiders, in terms of how many wins they expect to get. Sorry, original post seems bogus.

Reactions: 11 people
Step back from ledge. You put it out there, I can respond however I please. At this point, tn fans want anything they can get bc Butch keeps a tight lid on all info. You will get blow back when you post something that proclaims to be majorly insider but falls a bit short. Be alright. Good try.

You sir, need some reading comprehension classes.

And anyone that wants to give me blow back after I said "don't shoot the messenger" or "take this with a grain of salt" and "this is purely forum gossip"....round them up and take them to your reading comprehension classes with you.

Reactions: 14 people
I'm not taking it personally and I knew that when I posted it. I tried my best to convey the fact i understood it was just a curious thing. Not some groundbreaking information. Not even something that many do not already know...just a slightly different 'slant' on a situation many of us are aware of. Even the title of the thread is designed to give the impression I'm not trying to pretend I have some gold nugget of truth here. It's literally gossip. I know it's gossip. I said in the post it was gossip. The title of the thread has the word "gossip" in it. I know we are somewhat aware of these things, but when you have multiple sources of the same type of rumor, that tends to lend a little more credibility to it (At least that logic applies to suspension rumors around here) It was merely intended to stir up conversation...that's all.....that's what the board is here for...to gossip about our team....I thought this fit the bill...

You don't have to apologize to anyone.... they are gonna flare for whatever you post.

Reactions: 12 people
I really don't think that college coaches sit around and talk, even with insiders, in terms of how many wins they expect to get. Sorry, original post seems bogus.

Yeah. It's just barber shop talk probably.

But I do disagree they don't talk about it. They are competitive individuals, just like players. And I'm sure during the pre-season evaluation processes your gonna have to smootch-goobers with top boosters. The money they give dictates that. And if I'm a top booster I'm gonna want to drink a beer and shoot the sh*t with the coach from time to time and ask things like "so what kinda season do you and the boys think we could have this year coach? We taking home all the chips or are we setting up a good base for next year?"

It's natural to do that. But I do doubt they just chit chat with just anyone about that type thing tho. That would just be dumb. Especially in Knoxville. It's like the damn Cremlin at times up on the hill. You see how well our fan base handles gossip on a message board. Lololololol.

Reactions: 11 people
You don't have to apologize to anyone.... they are gonna flare for whatever you post.

Thanks man. Glad you understood why I posted this. Lol.

Some of these people need to go and buy their wives some flowers. Those ladies sure have earned them. Lol.

Reactions: 13 people
I'd rather read that than 7 duplicate threads we have on various subjects. I come here to escape for just a few moments a day from work,real life, and of course to read about the VOLS.

Reactions: 10 people

VN Store

Back