mrmax86

Fight. Strain. Compete.
3* WR from FL, Shocky Jacques-Louis

[twitter]899784505099157504[/twitter]
[hudl]3/7700715/57e926b7688ec2629c9ddcdc[/hudl]

Go Vols!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
Not at all to me, just don't think it's fair to the kids.

Yeah me neither, but he can flip it to positive, push him to play harder. Instead of the ol dumb stuff like alabama players and coaches constantly talking about how disrespected they are to create a story. This kid can actually live it out.

Yeah me neither, but he can flip it to positive, push him to play harder. Instead of the ol dumb stuff like alabama players and coaches constantly talking about how disrespected they are to create a story. This kid can actually live it out.

I like it, good approach.
We had 2 other commits move down in the last couple of weeks, after camp ratings but before season, iow no football. It's humorous at times. Then Bama takes the 2 star that gets bumped to a 4 star overnight. The ranking services have just become a joke at this point.

Reactions: 3 people
It does at least somewhat. It's important to have a good national perception imo. To be known as a school that gets the highly rated guys is a good thing

So true Cat. Not that Bama needs the help but after their 4*s get bumped to 5 (usually immediately after committing to them), the hype always goes to another level. Then more recruits jump on.

Sorry for the sidetrack, welcome Shock!

Reactions: 1 person
one of the more impressive videos i've seen. looks like legit speed, goes up and gets the ball and knows how to go North to south without dancing around.

It does at least somewhat. It's important to have a good national perception imo. To be known as a school that gets the highly rated guys is a good thing

Meh, id rather be known as the school that can compliment the 4 and 5 star giys with highly developed 3 stars. We had great perception the last two years and it meant nothing. Prove it on the field is all that matters.

Not at all to me, just don't think it's fair to the kids.

What's more unfair is the stock that fans and media put on a 17 year old's star rating. A rating done by guys in offices hundreds of miles away who may or may not have gotten one momentary glimpse of the player at a camp.

Then that ambiguous star rating follows are young man for 4-5 years in college. If he's 5* but doesnt push for All-SEC as a SO, then his own fans turn on him and call him a bust. If he's a 3*, then he's never given kudos to match his production.

That's what's unfair IMO.

What's more unfair is the stock that fans and media put on a 17 year old's star rating. A rating done by guys in offices hundreds of miles away who may or may not have gotten one momentary glimpse of the player at a camp.

Then that ambiguous star rating follows are young man for 4-5 years in college. If he's 5* but doesnt push for All-SEC as a SO, then his own fans turn on him and call him a bust. If he's a 3*, then he's never given kudos to match his production.

That's what's unfair IMO.

Those fans are going to go off about something regardless. The rest of us support them either way. The whole process has just become so messed up, especially with their 'pay for your rating' camps they host now.

IDK, but it seems that some of the recruiting services are letting coach's evals dictate star ratings. Thus the more successful the coach, the more weight given to their opinion. The posts above seem to indicate the same.

Fluid and quick. Good returner.... Looks like he can line up inside our out...

Didn't appear to playing what looked like the greatest competition, but looked utterly dominant against it.

Good get, loving the Florida pipeline... Welcome to rocky top, Shockey Jacques!

I like it. Looks good. Great vision. Running through a crowd of people sitting still is hard, let alone running through a crowd of people trying to tackle you.

Speed is something you can't coach. Kid has that. How is he a 3*? Looks like he has the hands, athleticism and speed you need at D1 level. What am I missing? Competition, didn't have a bama offer?

VN Store

Back