Where you would like

BigBadVol

The MojoMofo
To see TN ranked in the preseason polls this year? At the bottom where not much is expected and they sneak up on the competition. Maybe in the middle where they have less of a road to travel to get to the top but with the pressure increased? Or at the top where a single loss may not cost you a chance at the championship game but enormous pressure exist?

For this year, I like where we are starting. I believe the players have a huge chip on their shoulders and that will translate into wins. CBJ teams don't quit. Couple that with talent and attitude and we may see a special season. JMO.

Reactions: 3 people
I have no problem being ranked #25 in the AP & Coaches Poll. Not many experts and analysts predict us to win the East or the SEC.

Less expectations means less pressure on the players. If they can develop that mind set where every game matters, I believe we'll surprise everyone this season.

Take Appalachian St. for example. I believe our players let all the media hype get to their heads and didn't take them very seriously which almost led to an loss.

You have to look at each game like it's the National Championship. You either go big or go home. Butch needs to play to win and needs to loosen things up a bit. Try new plays, take chances, do whatever it is you have to do to W.

This ain't the Big East anymore, it's the SEC. BIG BOY FOOTBALL!

Reactions: 2 people
Preseason rankings are useless. All rankings should be held until at least three games have been played by all teams, so perhaps after week 4. This is when teams clean up their play and there have been a few A vs B and A vs C to get perspective.

If I am forced to have preseason rankings then I prefer my team be ranked a little low for motivation.

I know there is a lot of Butch bashing and I will get bashed for accepting mediocrity, BUT after the last decade of being a fan, at this point, I am just glad to look at the polls and expect to see us again. Went way too many years of not even looking.
Looking forward to time we are consistently top 10 (which I think is coming sooner than later).

To see TN ranked in the preseason polls this year? At the bottom where not much is expected and they sneak up on the competition. Maybe in the middle where they have less of a road to travel to get to the top but with the pressure increased? Or at the top where a single loss may not cost you a chance at the championship game but enormous pressure exist?

For this year, I like where we are starting. I believe the players have a huge chip on their shoulders and that will translate into wins. CBJ teams don't quit. Couple that with talent and attitude and we may see a special season. JMO.

Sometimes things happen when you least expect it, think the '98 NC qualifies.

After the way we finished (SC...Vandy), plus everyone we lost, I'm kinda surprised we snuck in. But not surprised at the same time...does that make sense lol? List is screwy anyway

Reactions: 1 person
I'm fine where we are. Third year in a row we've been ranked, which after 2009-2014 is a nice change, but ranked low enough to be hungry and motivated.

I'd like to see some top 10 pre-season rankings again... but I guess we need to finish a season there first to earn the respect.

It's hard to climb. It's easy to fall ... and that makes the climb back even tougher. Win and the preseason won't matter a bit.

GO BIG ORANGE!

Pre-Season CFB polls are = someone saying they are "Friends" with Emily Ratajkowskii on Instagram

3DBD061800000578-0-image-a-85_1488177073931.jpg

Last edited:
It's hard to climb. It's easy to fall ... and that makes the climb back even tougher. Win and the preseason won't matter a bit.

GO BIG ORANGE!

Are you out of your mind? Winning in the SEC is the easiest way to climb in the polls...Key word being WINNING!

I honestly think it's best to be quiet coming into the year but I believe you really need to be in the middle of the pack somewhere coming in. 12-18 ideally. Coming in under 18 makes your season that much more difficult.

Pre-Season CFB polls are = someone saying they are "Friends" with Emily Ratajkowskii on Instagram

3DBD061800000578-0-image-a-85_1488177073931.jpg

busted, yeah, that was me...:)

PS...ok, back to football...those polls won't look anything like when they started...there will be many changes...just like Emily...:)

GO VOLS!

If we could start in the teens and have a killer year, we could be sitting in the driver seat in December...but you can't start too far down due to cupcake schedules like the little 10 and PAC 1.

Preseason polls mean nothing. Unless you are a predictable team like Bama,the end will be different. It means way more if UT drops it's first game and never makes it back to the rankings finishing 5-7. Or if they immediately begin winning and don't stop. Play on the field matters more that polls or recruiting or coaching cliches. No one can judge UT until they are seen on the playing field.

VN Store

Back