AP College Football Poll Released - Vols #25

Washington State 24th and went 8-5 last year? Seems totally random. Also KState at 20 is a reach.

UGA, Auburn, LSU won 8 games last year and ranked ahead.

Reactions: 2 people
25 is fair to me. Several very overrated teams on the list, and a couple unranked that I personally would have in.

Reactions: 1 person
They should not even attempt these ranking's until week 4 if you ask me, but no one ever does.

Reactions: 7 people
How do they not have a picture or logo for Kansas State?

Mascot was off that day? LOL sorry.. :birgits_giggle:

th

Washington State 24th and went 8-5 last year? Seems totally random. Also KState at 20 is a reach.

UGA, Auburn, LSU won 8 games last year and ranked ahead.

It's not about what happened last year, it's about a team's prospects this season based on their roster, returning playmakers, strength of schedule, etc.

You may see someone ranked highly because of the momentum the program has created for itself based on the last season or two, but it doesn't mean they automatically assume their same place in poll the finished in last season. For example, Clemson finished as the #1 team in the country in 2016, yet, after losing a lot of stud players, including their once in a generation QB Watson, they're preseason #5, not #1.

Confidence in a head coach and his staff is likely what explains KState at #20 imho and Auburn adds a stud, proven transfer QB in Stidham to a very good returning roster. And virtually everybody has Georgia winning the East so it would make sense they're ranked higher than the team that most everybody thinks finishes 3rd in the division.

Last edited:
Rankings only really matter to those teams with weak schedules that can't make up space with much in the way quality wins. We don't have that problem. We take care of business the rankings will take care of themselves.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back