Tim Jordan had his black stripe removed

It is interesting how we have heard how impressive Chandler has been in camp, yet Jordan is the first to get his stripe removed. I know there has been a lot of praise for Jordan too, but I'd like to know how the coaches determine when a stripe is to be removed.

I wonder where KBVol is? He was running a victory lap the last few days trying to get on people who said Tim Jordan could be better than Ty Chandler. We probably won't hear a peep from him right now that Jordan lost his stripe before Chandler.

For the record, I like both guys. I think both will be NFL caliber RBs. I'm simply open to the possibility Jordan might be the #1 guy while Chandler is the #2 during their time here at Tennessee.

Reactions: 2 people
It is interesting how we have heard how impressive Chandler has been in camp, yet Jordan is the first to get his stripe removed. I know there has been a lot of praise for Jordan too, but I'd like to know how the coaches determine when a stripe is to be removed.

The coaches don't decide on this. It is determined by their peers particularly their position group.

Reactions: 4 people
I wonder where KBVol is? He was running a victory lap the last few days trying to get on people who said Tim Jordan could be better than Ty Chandler. We probably won't hear a peep from him right now that Jordan lost his stripe before Chandler.

For the record, I like both guys. I think both will be elite NFL caliber RBs. I'm simply open to the possibility Jordan might be the #1 guy while Chandler is the #2 during their time here at Tennessee.

Meaningless preseason stuff, no?

Players decide it.

Reactions: 1 person
I've been high on Tim Jordan since I watched his high school tape. The praise early in camp and the removal of his stripe this early just confirm what I initially thought.

He's really good.

wait a minute...is this a "book it"...:)

PS. hope you're right...:eek:k:

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the record, I like both guys. I think both will be NFL caliber RBs. I'm simply open to the possibility Jordan might be the #1 guy while Chandler is the #2 during their time here at Tennessee.

Are you kidding me right now? The black stripe deal means virtually nothing. And I'll stand firmly behind the thought that Chandler is the guy, the special freshman backing up Kelly, not Jordan. So, I'm right here, nothing's changed.

Also, why the softening of your opinion? You recently said Jordan would easily win the 2nd string running back job....and now you're "open to the possibility"? Lol.

Reactions: 10 people
Is there a current depth chart out? If Jordan is not #2 RB, the black stripe doesn't mean anything about playing time.

I've been high on Tim Jordan since I watched his high school tape. The praise early in camp and the removal of his stripe this early just confirm what I initially thought.

He's really good.

Since you're an expert, can you remind me how Kelvin Taylor is doing?

Are you kidding me right now? The black stripe deal means virtually nothing. And I'll stand firmly behind the thought that Chandler is the guy, the special freshman backing up Kelly, not Jordan. So, I'm right here, nothing's changed.

Also, why the softening of your opinion? You recently said Jordan would easily win the 2nd string running back job....and now you're "open to the possibility"? Lol.

Chandler gained some weight and now looks a lil thicker. I've been high on Chandler since I saw his high school tape as well but was disappointed by how tiny he looked in the US Army game. He looks bigger now. Hopefully that means he can withstand the pounding in the SEC.

And FYI both guys will get a similar workload. I just haven't been as dismissive of Jordan as you have. You seem to buying into the star hype over actual skill displayed on tape.

Looking solely at tape rather than star ratings, I see Tim Jordan as Ty Chandler's equal at the very least.

Is there a current depth chart out? If Jordan is not #2 RB, the black stripe doesn't mean anything about playing time.

I guarantee you will not see either Chandler or Jordan listed alone as the #2. It'll be classic Butch. You'll see both listed as the primary backup after Kelly. Hell you might even see Fils-Aime listed with them.

Kelly/Jordan OR Chandler.

I have been high on Tim Jordan as well from the beginning and i told people back in February not to look at his star ranking. Now Ty Chandler as well looks good from both his film clips and the high praise he and Tim both our getting from Coach G. I was able to be in Coach G office breaking down film of Tim Jordan back in Spring and back then he was so excited about this kid and getting him late in recruiting process as they did.

Reactions: 2 people

Never has. Two seasons ago, Venzell Boulware was one of the first to lose his stripe.

VN Store

Back