2016 UT vs Nebraska...SEC network now

Can't believe we were having to play Bain in the 1st quarter of that game. Not saying Bain can't compete, but he was definitely 4 deep or 5 deep at the beginning of last season.

Got it on. That run by Kelly......sweet. I hope he can continue to build on what we saw late in the season. I love an underdog RB

Can't believe we were having to play Bain in the 1st quarter of that game. Not saying Bain can't compete, but he was definitely 4 deep or 5 deep at the beginning of last season.

You are brave. Paul Bain is watching you. He knows all and sees all.

I'm watching this now. I swear, other than Barnett and Dobbs and Kamara, I don't see where we lose that much this year. Now, I know, that's a bunch, but with Kongbo, Dormady/Guarantano, and that stud, Kelly, I'm feeling pretty good right now.

Somebody want to talk me down? I'm a little afraid Dobbs is the biggest loss, though.

Reactions: 1 person
I rewatched the no huddle A&M vs Tennessee game today.
Nigel Warrior was ejected for targeting for what honestly looked like incidental helmet-to-helmet contact on a kick return.

Evan Berry looks like he was completely knocked out on a kick return by crown of helmet to face contact. Then hit again on the ground helmet-to-helmet.

Nothing. That truly amazed me. I had forgotten that happened.

But that Nebraska game was fun to watch. It was nice to see a lot of our guys back from injury and playing well again after a couple weeks off. Hopefully we look more like that team this year.

Alot of people will realize this once the season begins.

i think so but there will also be a trade off. we may miss the magical runs that come when it looks like theres nothing happening. But we also should be able to hit a downfield pass consistently for the first time in a few yrs i think.

Reactions: 2 people
Watched Game of thrones and Summerslam. I'll save the music city bowl highlights for work tmrw.

i think so but there will also be a trade off. we may miss the magical runs that come when it looks like theres nothing happening. But we also should be able to hit a downfield pass consistently for the first time in a few yrs i think.

Exactly my point. If the OL isn't greatly improved alot of plays won't be extended.

Pish. I'm excited we have a guy that's able to toss timing routes. Slants and curls/check downs to Byrd/Kelly/Bumphus/Wolf bros....That sets up the run by making safeties play deep. And then you have JJ and Callaway/Palmer on the edges, JJ will command a double team on passing downs. That takes either a D back out of the box or brings over a safety. Further opening the run game. Boom. Kelly/Chandler up the middle or off the edge for 20.

On paper this offense looks like it could be soooooooo balanced. Across the whole unit. Last year I think we relied too much on Dobbs legs. If teams could take away some of his running, he really struggled in games. I saw plays where receivers would be wide open or in single coverage and Dobbs would run. I think in some ways he lacked confidence in certain coverage looks, so he just ran to make up for that. And I love josh Dobbs. I think he is the poster child for a student/athlete. But his timing throws left a lot to be desired. Always throwing behind guys or at their feet on slants and over their heads on curls and even on screen passes. The games are on YouTube. Go watch them. It's true.

Really great to see that game again. So many positives, yet the untimely defensive collapses were reminiscent of the USCjr & vandie debacles. Counting on VOL defense to step it up this season. Feel fortunate that I was able to see both Reggie White & Derek Barnett in BIG ORANGE.

VN Store

Back