Kamara on starting tonight on NFL Network vs Chargers

KBVol

First carry of the night, 50 yard td sprint! Wonder what Hurd and his classless mom are thinking right about now.

Reactions: 17 people
[twitter]https://mobile.twitter.com/Saints/status/899423950240751616/video/1[/twitter]

Last edited:
Reactions: 15 people
Thinking about picking him up on my fantasy team.

If one of AP or mark gets hurt, he could get a lot of PT

It's sickening that Hurd got more PT than AK6 to begin the year.

Yes it is. Can only wonder about the game-changing type splash plays that AK never made because we were feeding Hurd over and over again for his 1-3 yard carries. Another quick thought.....when Alvin got his first carry tonight, in his second professional game, he did something Hurd never did in nearly 600 career carries at Tennessee....break off a 50 yard td run.

Reactions: 7 people
Kamara hurt his knees pretty good against Bama after setting records against the Aggies and was dinged up the year prior. Yes he should have started in front of Hurd but its a pretty tough position to sit a rb that was headed for the school record, until he flaked out. I'm sure coach wishes now he would have handled it differently.

Reactions: 9 people
Kamara hurt his knees pretty good against Bama after setting records against the Aggies and was dinged up the year prior. Yes he should have started in front of Hurd but its a pretty tough position to sit a rb that was headed for the school record, until he flaked out. I'm sure coach wishes now he would have handled it differently.

And why you should always play the best players on the field, regardless of seniority or records.

Reactions: 2 people

Agree with most of what you wrote. That said, Hurd was plodding toward the record 2-3 yards at a time after a ton of carries.

My thought is that Hurd should've split carries/touches with AK rather than getting the overwhelming lions share of them. Fact is, had Hurd set the school rushing record, he would've only done so while getting nearly 100 more carries than record-holder Travis Henry, who was clearly a light years better running back at Tennessee than Hurd.

Reactions: 3 people
Yes it is. Can only wonder about the game-changing type splash plays that AK never made because we were feeding Hurd over and over again for his 1-3 yard carries. Another quick thought.....when Alvin got his first carry tonight, in his second professional game, he did something Hurd never did in nearly 600 career carries at Tennessee....break off a 50 yard td run.

Yeah, but that was against SEC competition. Not the Chargers.

Reactions: 5 people
It sure would be nice to see a thread about our VFLs in the NFL without bringing up He Who Must Not Be Named, He Who Must Not Be Named's Birthgiver, or the whole "Coulda, woulda, shoulda" crap.

I'm happy Kamara's getting a chance to ball out behind a proper O-line (albeit in the preseason). Hope he has an awesome, healthy career and makes the most of his opportunity to learn from some of the best in the business.

As far as his imaginary impact on our season last year... it's in the past. It's over. Nothing will change. He's moved on, the other dude has moved on (presumably his mother too), why can't our fanbase move on?

Onto bigger and better things this year, GBO!

Reactions: 9 people
Agree with most of what you wrote. That said, Hurd was plodding toward the record 2-3 yards at a time after a ton of carries.

My thought is that Hurd should've split carries/touches with AK rather than getting the overwhelming lions share of them. Fact is, had Hurd set the school rushing record, he would've only done so while getting nearly 100 more carries than record-holder Travis Henry, who was clearly a light years better running back at Tennessee than Hurd.

I don't like that he quit again but his soph year he ran for over 1200 yards at over 4.5 per carry and it hard to tell that to sit on the bench. Even carries would have been ideal.

I don't like that he quit again but his soph year he ran for over 1200 yards at over 4.5 per carry and it hard to tell that to sit on the bench. Even carries would have been ideal.

Even carries.....I've not even advocated for that. I've always said 60-40 Hurd would've been much better....50-50 would've been great.

Also, as I'm sure you know, 4.5 yards per carry in college ain't very good. That was good for 18th best in the SEC and nowhere near top 100 in the country in 2015. I work with a guy who was an outstanding college running back, in his university's athletic hall of fame. I asked him his opinion of Hurd at Tennessee....he said he always thought he was "terrible....just terrible". His word, not mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Oh boy. The Monday morning coaches are back. If Hurd hits the league and has 2 big opening in pre season, they'll be saying "look how Butches system and player development sucked so bad that he left".

Once the (-) attitude toward a coach forms, then every result points to his coaching failure by some.

Reactions: 8 people
I don't care what anyone says, AK was definitely underutilized at UT. I hope he stays healthy and has a great career in the league.

Oh boy. The Monday morning coaches are back. If Hurd hits the league and has 2 big opening in pre season, they'll be saying "look how Butches system and player development sucked so bad that he left".

Once the (-) attitude toward a coach forms, then every result points to his coaching failure by some.

Monday morning coaches?? How about fans who understand football.

For example, there were two highly rated running backs at Tennessee last year....one had an outstanding season, was drafted by an NFL team in the third round and looks fantastic early in his professional career where he's making money to play football.

The other, while in the midst of one of the worst seasons for a running back in the country, quit his team, didn't even apply for the draft, and is sitting out this year while trying to switch positions so he doesn't have to play running back anymore.

So who was right for the last 2 seasons? Those who called for AK getting more playing time or you? Not a difficult answer to come by.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back