Georgia Tech 2016

allvoll21forlife

https://youtu.be/nNfrCmoJ2OA

Here's some video of Georgia tech last year. I figured some people might want to see kinda what they like to do and how they block. I think they are going to miss Justin Thomas a ton. I also think they are underestimating us by how we finished last year, judging by there board.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Their recruiting classes the last 4 years have ranked 48, 60, 44, and 54 and yet they have averaged nearly 8 wins in probably the 2nd best conference during the same time period. Johnson is a good coach and this game scares me despite some people predicting we blow them out.

Reactions: 6 people
I don't think we blow them out at all. I respect them as a winning team( not there blocking scheme). I just go to there board and they act like we will be lucky to score a touchdown.

D backs better be ready, L backers better be ready, D-ends better be ready,,, hell, Whole defense better be ready!!

It looks like the cut blocks happen on the back side of the play

The linemen on the side the ball is run to seem to make the blocks head to head

Tennessee's defense was absolutely atrocious last year. Arguably one of the worst defenses in Tennessee football history. It's really not an underestimation. Couple that with losing a lot on defense. The only plus for UT is that many, many people played on that side of the ball. So not everyone is "green". It is undeniable, injuries or not, that Tennessee defense was so bad. Had trouble against running attacks.....like VANDERBILT.....of all teams. Webb destroyed the Vols. Maybe they realize that UT capped off their regular season with a loss to Vandie. Now you see their reasoning?

They also needed a 4th and 19 play to beat Boston college last year in there opener. I feel when you have this much time to prepare for the triple option it's tamed down a bit. I respect them a lot and this game scares me. All I'm saying is they should be respecting us too.

They also needed a 4th and 19 play to beat Boston college last year in there opener. I feel when you have this much time to prepare for the triple option it's tamed down a bit. I respect them a lot and this game scares me. All I'm saying is they should be respecting us too.

Oh you better believe we respect ut football. You are the favorite with much more star talent, and we know it's gonna be an uphill battle in the Atl. We'll have to play a cleaner game than you guys will in order to win this one.

And we needed a fumble recovery to beat Appy St

Boston college finished in the top 10 or so in D.

Man. I just looked up the Boston college defense rank and I noticed that last year, our 1st 5 games, we played some pretty good defenses.

Appalachian state 17th
Ohio 27th
Virginia Tech 18th
Florida 5th
Georgia 16th.

Man. I just looked up the Boston college defense rank and I noticed that last year, our 1st 5 games, we played some pretty good defenses.

Appalachian state 17th
Ohio 27th
Virginia Tech 18th
Florida 5th
Georgia 16th.

Appalachian State doesn't come as a surprise, but seeing that those pesky Ohio Bobcats finished in the top 30 caught me off guard.

Ohio was a good team last year. So was App St. Vols played an extremely tough schedule last year. TTU was only gimmie.

Appalachian state 17th
Ohio 27th
Virginia Tech 18th
Florida 5th
Georgia 16th.

Add in Bama and half of our schedule was against top 30 ranked defenses. We finished 95th in total defense. Wow what should have been...

https://youtu.be/nNfrCmoJ2OA

Here's some video of Georgia tech last year. I figured some people might want to see kinda what they like to do and how they block. I think they are going to miss Justin Thomas a ton. I also think they are underestimating us by how we finished last year, judging by there board.

If our defensive front went into this game as devastated as it was v UK, UM, & VU, then I wouldn't give you a $.10 for our chances in this game. GT would probably put up 600+ yards on the ground alone.

But, when you watch the team that took the field v VT/UF/UGA it is no comparison to the one later in the season. Our D will have better depth and experience across the board this season. Mainly, our front 4 will be a base of 2 DTs(plus2-3quality deep) and 2DEs(plus 2quality deep) minimum.

By Mizzu, we were starting our 4th DT on one side, and a mix of 2nd string DEs at the other DT. The LBs were led by a injury recovering MLB, transitioning safety OLB, a converted walk-on, and 2 first year experience developing 3rd stringers, and a we were out the lost All-American level OLB. All three of our final games we were destroyed at the point of attack and left to the DBs to deal with downhill running backs. If a GT fan watched that hot mess, then I can't fault them for licking their chops.

Unfortunately for them,

our DTs both starters, one a Jr 5*, the other a RSSr fully developed. Backups, possibly another 5* recovering from injury, a Jr, and a 5*Juco looking break out, plus some newbs. LBs still no AllAmerican, but the MLB, OLBs and backups are twice as deep and super talented. Not to mention a projected stud FR coming in.

It aint November 16' anymore fellars.

Hopefully they don't watch the tape, of the 5 (?) 4th down conversions FL had on us in 2015.

CPJ just might try the same on us (you know, in attempts to keep his SEC streak going).

Appalachian state 17th
Ohio 27th
Virginia Tech 18th
Florida 5th
Georgia 16th.

I think UGA opens with Appy State this year. That new OL the dawgs field will get a test perhaps?

Tennessee's defense was absolutely atrocious last year. Arguably one of the worst defenses in Tennessee football history. It's really not an underestimation. Couple that with losing a lot on defense. The only plus for UT is that many, many people played on that side of the ball. So not everyone is "green". It is undeniable, injuries or not, that Tennessee defense was so bad. Had trouble against running attacks.....like VANDERBILT.....of all teams. Webb destroyed the Vols. Maybe they realize that UT capped off their regular season with a loss to Vandie. Now you see their reasoning?

Actually the D, including the run D was not that bad in the first 5 games before Tex A&M, and even that was a 2 OT game which increased the stats some. After that, the injuries really started to come into play, and they went downhill quickly. I am expecting them to be better to start, like they were at the beginning last year. GBO.

If you have time to kill and a football itch to scratch, the entirety (and one hour highlights) are available on YouTube of the following games from 2016:

UT vs VT
GT vs VT
UT vs UGA (great game)
GT vs UGA (great game)
UT vs VU
GT vs VU
UT vs UK
GT vs UK

VN Store

Back