Who's the Vol's alpha male on defense?

photovol

Juan Jennings may be the unquestioned alpha male on offense, but who will be UT's alpha male on defense?:good!:

Some analyst say the Vol upperclassmen are soft, is there an alpha male on defense, Kirkland or Tuttle when healthy?

Warrior. Did you see how the dude acted when he got ejected last year. ��

I hope Warrior keeps that attitude.

I still think it was crap that he got ejected after 12 for A&M lowered the crown of his helmet right into Berry's jaw to a standing ovation. It was textbook leading with the helmet, and it gave them free points.

If you would have asked me 1-2 years ago who the alpha on D would be, I would have said K-Mac

Reactions: 3 people
right now, id say Warrior. He has swag for sure.

But if Will Ignont gets serious playing time, later in the season, go ahead and say him. Bob Shoop has even said he is a def alpha male.

Reactions: 2 people
Warrior is the only guy I see that from. Crazy thing is, he may not even be a starter.

I like what I hear about Butler & Ignont. They may be that "Alpha" type in the future.

If it doesn't turn out to be Kirkland that's a really tough one to answer.

I'll cast a sleeper vote for Kongbo.

He's got the magnetic personality and raw athleticism. He plays DE a position tailor made for taking over games when you have a stud excel.

If all the off-season rah rah fluff pieces about Kongbo are close to truthfull and he has embraced the coaching staff then he could be primed to emerge as a leader.

I still think it was crap that he got ejected after 12 for A&M lowered the crown of his helmet right into Berry's jaw to a standing ovation. It was textbook leading with the helmet, and it gave them free points.

If you would have asked me 1-2 years ago who the alpha on D would be, I would have said K-Mac

K mac seems to be a fun guy not a serious about football guy. It's been two years and he has not done much.

Reactions: 2 people

I like Warrior as well. But it should be KMac & or Kirkland. If Big K does not rise to that level this year, hard to see him getting that type of respect from teammates his senior year. It has to be done on the field, not on twitter.

Nigel Warrior imo. Not sure who else would qualify/be a nominee based on what I've seen the last couple years. Maybe DKJr or Darrell Taylor, if Taylor can live up to his potential and play at a high level....gotta couple the attitude with outstanding play to be able to lead.

Reactions: 1 person

I like Gaulden too. I've heard he has the alpha type personality as well.

If you watch Gauldens highlights from last year....man. He actually played some really good football for us. One of the best tacklers on the team. He DEFINITELY hits a lot harder than his size. Guy tackles like he's trying to kill people. I'm looking forward to seeing him this year. He looked a lot smaller in 2016 than he does this season for sure.

Last edited:
Some analyst say the Vol upperclassmen are soft, is there an alpha male on defense, Kirkland or Tuttle when healthy?

Kirkland needs to be an Al Wilson type on defense this season as he has that potential. Leadership, holding others accountable and toughness are just some of the attributes that UT will need from him this fall.

VN Store

Back