Drug testing across SEC

Nocleats

Testing positive for drugs such as Marijuana, cocaine, opioids, etc occur at every SEC school. That's where the similarities stop. Some schools suspend after 1 or 2 failed tests and dismiss after the third. Some its suspended after 3 and dismissed after 4 or 5.. Some its just laps and pushups and never suspended or dismissed unless Coach calls it.. Now, Here is the kicker, Schools use this to recruit with.. Players know they can go to some schools and will never be suspended or dismissed.. Ive never understood why the SEC or NCAA doesn't establish a guidelines for all schools that is uniform...

Reactions: 4 people
Testing positive for drugs such as Marijuana, cocaine, opioids, etc occur at every SEC school. That's where the similarities stop. Some schools suspend after 1 or 2 failed tests and dismiss after the third. Some its suspended after 3 and dismissed after 4 or 5.. Some its just laps and pushups and never suspended or dismissed unless Coach calls it.. Now, Here is the kicker, Schools use this to recruit with.. Players know they can go to some schools and will never be suspended or dismissed.. Ive never understood why the SEC or NCAA doesn't establish a guidelines for all schools that is uniform...

Honestly, the LAST thing that a corrupt and unorganized mess of an operation like the NCAA needs is another rule to govern. Based on their recent track record I'd be more comfortable with the SEC stepping in to enforce uniform testing and uniform disciplinary guidelines.

Reactions: 12 people

There should be a standardized policy across all D1 programs.

Reactions: 11 people
Honestly, the LAST thing that a corrupt and unorganized mess of an operation like the NCAA needs is another rule to govern. Based on their recent track record I'd be more comfortable with the SEC stepping in to enforce uniform testing and uniform disciplinary guidelines.

Exactly. There might be some growing pains with the processes, but the individual conferences might be able to police their own member institutions better than the NCAA. They have lost nearly all credibility.

Reactions: 1 person
Pot and HGH shouldn't be tested for.

I agree, but there is a lot of pressure for all sports worldwide to comply with the standards and practices of WADA. And if they consider HGH a performance enhancing substance, you can bet it will be tested for.

I agree, but there is a lot of pressure for all sports worldwide to comply with the standards and practices of WADA. And if they consider HGH a performance enhancing substance, you can bet it will be tested for.

Why test for them at all? It's kinda dumb that I can't go buy steroids.
I would bet that 85% of all pro athletes use them in one way or another.

I mean blood doping is illegal, but you can sleep in a hyperbaric chamber. Both do the same thing.

Last edited:
Damn college kids, smoking dope and listening to that rap music, it never changes, does it?:lolabove:

Why test for them at all? It's kinda dumb that I can't go buy steroids.
I would bet that 85% of all pro athletes use them in one way or another.

I mean blood doping is illegal, but you can sleep in a hyperbaric chamber. Both do the same thing.

They test for them, because the powers that be want them tested for. As to your belief it is dumb you can't buy steroids, I bet the late Lyle Alzado would argue that if he could, and for damn good reasons.

It goes beyond steroids. There is a laundry list of banned substances, because of widespread corruption in olympic sports and FIFA. WADA's influence is the wave of the future. I just hope they are not given jurisdiction over US sports organizations.

If your statement about sleeping in the hyperbaric chamber is correct, there is one big difference; Taking a nap in the tube doesn't show up on a drug test. And since it is legal and widely practiced, why be wreckless and use banned substances?

I agree some things should not be tested for, but good luck arguing it with the people in charge of testing. It might be like asking the members of MADD to ease up on DUI laws.

There should be a standardized policy across all D1 programs.

There is actual a policy that is standard across the board. After 3 failed drug tests...everything goes to the NCAA for disciplinary actions. Completely out of the hands of the University

I don't understand why all but 2 SEC schools use the same testing company. Two schools being able to do their own independent testing is BS.

Reactions: 2 people
I think the SEC or NCAA should set the limits then have schools issue them drugs along with monthly monetary spending stipends.

All it takes is one schools booster with a better supply and suddenly there's a wildly unfair recruiting advantage.

Am I doing this right?

Marijuana should be the equivalent of a parking ticket. Mail 15 bucks in to your local criminal court.

Oh lord. What a great idea. Let's make the use of a dangerous, gateway drug a slap on the wrist crime.I've got a better idea. Let's make anything under an ounce a felony and mandatory prison sentence.

Reactions: 1 person
Oh lord. What a great idea. Let's make the use of a dangerous, gateway drug a slap on the wrist crime.I've got a better idea. Let's make anything under an ounce a felony and mandatory prison sentence.

Even better idea, lets take everyone that is caught smoking pot and kill them. Line them up and use a firing squad. A felony and mandatory prison sentence is a slap on the wrist. Once they have tried it once that gateway is open and there is no going back. I can't believe you're so soft on crime.

Reactions: 6 people

Non violent felony drug offenses with mandatory time is the reason we already have one of the most (if not The Most) incarcerated prison populations of any developed country.

BTW I'm strait edge, meaning my morning coffee is the closest I come to any mood/mind altering substance. I don't even drink beer and choose not to partake of marijuana or any other substance as I enjoy accepting life with all my faculties present.

That said marijuana is a dangerous gateway drug like an after school clubhouse promotes gang affiliation.

The only thing dangerous about marijuana is outlandish perception, misinformation, persecution, and vitriol.

God bless the the good fine lobbyist from big Pharma and Alcohol for insuring marijuana has been criminalized for so long. We wouldn't want the relative harmless effects of marijuana to impede they're ability to monetize altered conciousnes inspite of killing and harming millions more people than marijuana ever has or will.

Reactions: 7 people
Seriously? I wouldn't have thought you felt this way.

Nope, think it should be legal today. Its a natural product used in its natural form. Besides, we are not doing anything through enforcement except wasting alot of money.

Reactions: 3 people

Marijuana is not a dangerous gateway drug. And im sorry to be rude but making anytjing under an ounce felony with mandatory prison sentences is about the dumbest thing ive heard and you clearly have no knowledge of the effect on our prison system. Believe as you wish, thank God the majority of the country thinks otherwise.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Nope, think it should be legal today. Its a natural product used in its natural form. Besides, we are not doing anything through enforcement except wasting alot of money.

Yea, you're talking in general, but as far as players go, do you think the same?

"Gateway drug"

I didn't know there were people that still believe that garbage. Maybe they need to test for soda pop as well, we all know alcoholics started with a bottle of soda pop.

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back