Butch's comments post practice 8.18

So... the suspensions are just a rumor? Or no comment?

Damn Butch can't even answer a yes or no question.

Confused.

Reactions: 2 people
If there is a suspension, I think we’ve been pretty consistent and we’ll talk about that.”

-Butch Jones

So he's saying hypothetically that IF there was a suspension that he'd talk about it?

OR

Is he saying he's not going to comment, but if in fact there is a suspension that they will handle said suspension in a manner consistent with the precedent they've set?

Reactions: 1 person
So he's saying hypothetically that IF there was a suspension that he'd talk about it?

OR

Is he saying he's not going to comment, but if in fact there is a suspension that they will handle said suspension in a manner consistent with the precedent they've set?

What he said was if and when he decides to make a public comment about a situation, he will do it when the program deems it necessary. And anyone's need to know is not a high priority. Somewhere between the lines you might find a, "Don't worry about it" and
a "mind your own damn business" if you look carefully.

Reactions: 10 people
"You don't have to be a skill position player to be a playmaker"

I like that. As much grief as I give Butch for his Butchisms, that one is actually good.

Reactions: 3 people

OR

Lol.

more will be revealed on game day...thought it was cool that Butch said that the secondary was turning their head around...:)

GO VOLS!

Last edited:

OR

No comment........

smdh...

Here's the key phrase in what he said about the suspensions.
“I don’t know. I’m still… we’ll see. But there’s a lot of rumors out there, I know that.”

Fill in that blank and you have your answer.

I suspect he stopped himself from saying "I'm still considering what the punishment will be".

That would be good in at least one respect- the admin has left it with him.

I suspect he stopped himself from saying "I'm still considering what the punishment will be".

I suspect he stopped himself from saying "I'm still trying to digest all these crazy rumors".

See, I can do this too.. This is fun..

Reactions: 4 people
I suspect he stopped himself from saying "I'm still trying to digest all these crazy rumors".

See, I can do this too.. This is fun..

Nah... mine actually makes sense and especially in light of the subtle shift in what the insider reports have been.

It went from a starter being suspended to maybe no one being suspended.

Nah... mine actually makes sense and especially in light of the subtle shift in what the insider reports have been.

It went from a starter being suspended to maybe no one being suspended.

Well of course, you ALWAYS make sense.. That was not the point of my comment and I wasn't saying you won't be proven right in the end.

Point being, no one knows until something 'official' comes out. Also, that all the specualtion can be silly, annoying, fun, problematic, etc. depending on the subject, timing and ones point of view.

We don't know what we don't know but, we sure will talk it to death.....

Reactions: 7 people
You both have the right of it, from different angles. M1al is closer to the center of the truth, though, I think.

VN Store

Back