Where is Wiggins?

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
We're past the halfway point of preseason practice and and Shaq Wiggins seems to be a non factor not getting much hype at corner to this point. In fact, it sounds like a true freshman, Shawn Shamburger, is getting more praise from the coaches.

Am I correct in remembering that Wiggins counts against the 2018 class?

Someone tell me I'm overreacting. Am I reading too much into a few comments?

Reactions: 9 people
I think he thought he would come in and have a spot handed to him. I think he's nowhere near as good as he believes he is. Time to grind of get left behind.

Reactions: 4 people
Just have to wait and see Grand Poobah! Rumours are flying these days!

He can be a really quality corner but he isn't physically skilled enough to half a** it on the field. Get it together kid. They don't give out participation trophies in the SEC.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Thanks Butchna. Knew I could count on you.

Should I climb down off the ledge? All this talk of suspensions has me worked up.

No, we are good, our team plays too high, pad level you know.

I dont think Wiggins is that good.

Reactions: 1 person
I thought he was working with the 1s a couple of days ago?

Tell me this isnt another "he wasnt mentioned in the post-practice thread so hes clearly falling down the depth chart" threads.

Reactions: 5 people
Transfers and jucos just don't work out most of the time. There are exceptions of course, but most of the time they're a non factor regardless of the hype (Blair, Justin Martin). Really hope Kongbo is the exception.

Reactions: 2 people
Thanks Butchna. Knew I could count on you.

Should I climb down off the ledge? All this talk of suspensions has me worked up.

At worst, he's better depth than we've had in years. If he ain't starting, we got some players stepping up.

Reactions: 8 people
Learning the playbook I suspect.

This is his NFL dress rehearsal year, so I expect him to give his all for Tennessee. That and to beat Georgia's arse!

Reactions: 2 people
I see what you saying Freak! If he does indeed count against 18 and not a factor...YES! We missed on him. We may very well wish later that we had that spot back!

I think he thought he would come in and have a spot handed to him. I think he's nowhere near as good as he believes he is. Time to grind of get left behind.

Difficulty adapting to our culture may mean not willing to give 100% in practice or the weight room.

Reactions: 3 people
Transfers and jucos just don't work out most of the time. There are exceptions of course, but most of the time they're a non factor regardless of the hype (Blair, Justin Martin). Really hope Kongbo is the exception.

Kamara, Cordarrelle Patterson,Dale Carter,Charlie Garner,Anthony Miller,Leonard Little,Jesse Mahelona...didn't even have to Google. Retire the absolute statements, dude!

Reactions: 40 people
Think he'll see field. CBJ wants him to work harder. I think he came in thinking he would start. Hope it clicks quick!!

Kamara, Cordarrelle Patterson,Dale Carter,Charlie Garner,Anthony Miller,Leonard Little,Jesse Mahelona...didn't even have to Google. Retire the absolute statements, dude!

In his defense, that wasn't an absolute statement. He is wrong however

VN Store

Back