Meanwhile - over on the GT forum

temptn

This is a knee injury tulpa. All the Tennessee fans meditating on knee injuries constantly are bringing them into existence spontaneously. It's happening to the OL because only about 15% of Tennessee fans actually know what cut blocking is.

I bet doctors in vol country are dealing with an insane rash of these among non football players too. Paul Johnson is crushing the knees of an entire state using only their feeble minds as leverage.

Reactions: 1 person
Hey, G tech forum guy,

don-t-push-it_orig.gif

Reactions: 15 people
This is a knee injury tulpa. All the Tennessee fans meditating on knee injuries constantly are bringing them into existence spontaneously. It's happening to the OL because only about 15% of Tennessee fans actually know what cut blocking is.

I bet doctors in vol country are dealing with an insane rash of these among non football players too. Paul Johnson is crushing the knees of an entire state using only their feeble minds as leverage.

Typical GT fan trash talk, makes us normal people wonder what the hell they're trying to say. What's next, someone explaining why the angles of their stadium and the absolute electrode potential of the welds are superior to Neyland?

Reactions: 7 people
paul johnson has said they have 2 guys right now who would be questionable for the game.. they should worry ab themselves.

Reactions: 2 people
paul johnson has said they have 2 guys right now who would be questionable for the game.. they should worry ab themselves.

Haha, I agree but it is kinda funny that one of our fans goes to their board, copies what someone said on their board and pastes it here. And they need to worry about themselves. :)

I'm 99% sure that the comment posted by the OP was meant as a humorous jab at the many UT fans who are pushing the agenda that our offense is inherently more dangerous than other pro style offenses. As a GT fan, I don't really think (and haven't seen) that our blocking style causes more injuries than the average FBS offense in college football, but I can see where dealing with something your team isn't accustomed to seeing might cause some worry.

Regarding the game, you guys have way more star talent at most positions, but hopefully we'll be ready come Labor Day and are able to give your team a game. Win or lose though, neither team wants injuries and both have bigger fish to fry in our respective conferences.

Reactions: 19 people
I don't like Paul Johnson and every fanbase has a few idiots, but overall I never had a problem with Georgia Tech's football program. They give UGA a lot of problems which is good enough for me.

That said they'll still be my most hated team on Sept. 4 from 7:00 p.m.- whenever the game ends.

Reactions: 4 people
We've had issues with injuries from diving low blows so naturally, we're a little sensitive to the idea of playing a team does basically that every time.

I can see the next headline "Paul Johnson uses the "Force" to break knees in offseason"

I spent a fun night in that stadium years ago. Nuthin to do with football. A Jimmy Buffett concert. It was so long ago.....

How long ago was it?

It was so long ago Fats Domino was his opening act. Truth.

Reactions: 3 people
also I would like to point out its not just fans that feel that GT injures people. I remember Mark Stoops going off about it after GT took out two of UKs players. A couple other coaches have brought up similar points.

also I would like to point out its not just fans that feel that GT injures people. I remember Mark Stoops going off about it after GT took out two of UKs players. A couple other coaches have brought up similar points.

Neither player in question got hurt due to a cut or chop block, and I would encourage anyone interested in seeing for themselves to watch the play at the 5:40 mark in the first quarter of the Taxslayer Bowl when Stoops got in a heated yelling match with the GT sideline. The uk defensive lineman just got his butt whooped by #75 Parker Braun on a drive block.

Neither player in question got hurt due to a cut or chop block, and I would encourage anyone interested in seeing for themselves to watch the play at the 5:40 mark in the first quarter of the Taxslayer Bowl when Stoops got in a heated yelling match with the GT sideline. The uk defensive lineman just got his butt whooped by #75 Parker Braun on a drive block.

so you are saying other teams shouldn't bothering practicing to protect themselves against your blocking?

in one of our last practices we had our DBs practicing against it. that type of paranoia on the coaches level doesn't come from nowhere.

so you are saying other teams shouldn't bothering practicing to protect themselves against your blocking?

in one of our last practices we had our DBs practicing against it. that type of paranoia on the coaches level doesn't come from nowhere.

Not at all. Any team we face should definitely practice how to avoid the cut blocks. I just adamantly disagree with the premise that our offense injures an inordinate amount of defenders when compared to other offenses. I also believe that cut blocking gets a bad rap mainly because defenses just don't like dealing with it, not because it injures at a higher rate than drive blocking.

Reactions: 3 people
Can't wait until we nail them to the point that they don't venture on the internet...much less camp out on another team's message board & start boring threads. :boredom:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

It's already been proven that those guys were hurt by drive blocks. Stoops just assumed without seeing the play is what it looks like. Other coaches have also complained but no proof of guys getting injured. It's just a misconception because people want an excuse because they don't like playing against our offensive style. even pro teams cut block at the LOS.

Last edited:
Three Best things about GT:

1. That ramblin wreck car
2. Mascot is better than average and not too common.
3. They're not Georgia.

Other than that, they suck!

I spent a fun night in that stadium years ago. Nuthin to do with football. A Jimmy Buffett concert. It was so long ago.....

How long ago was it?

It was so long ago Fats Domino was his opening act. Truth.

cool story bro'...sounds like a lot of thrills was had by all...On Blueberry Hill...:)

GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back