Scottishvolfan has streaming questions

Thunder Good-Oil

He's asking this (in a different forum):

First off apologies as I think this is kinda the wrong forum for this. But it seems I don't have enough posts to post in the main forum. Forgive me if these are fairly newb questions.

As many of you know, I came across from Scotland with my buddy for the Missouri game last year and had a blast. I'm now living full time in Montreal Canada. So closer to Rocky top but not close enough!

My questions here are basically how about how to follow the Vols from outside of Tennessee or the USA.

1) I basically need a season preview guide to tell me about the 2017 squad etc. Is there any good place to read up on this?

2) I follow the vols by watching crappy online streams that always freeze and screw up whenever I watch a game.
Does anyone have any recommendations for either of the following:

A) I just got myself an amazon fire stick to use Kodi. Are there any good channels or whatever to follow SEC football on?

B) Is there any official streaming service like NFL gamepass that I can buy online to stream games in good quality? I don't have cable tv here and don't now if the Canadians really watch football.

3) I found some cool youtube channels to follow last year to watch condensed games. Any advice on these?

Anyway, I'm hoping to try and watch and follow the vols as much as I can. Loved hanging out with you crazy people when I visited. I doubt financially I can afford a trip this season. But who knows! Maybe I'll find a cheap ass flight.

Go VOLS!

Mike Orange(vols streaming) on facebook streams every game live. Quality is good. Request him as a friend. Have something tennessee related in your profile so he knows its not spam. Dont share his streaming link or he will ban you. I have watched many tenn games this way if I am not at home.

Try Mobdro on the Firestick. It is better for live programming where Kodi is more for TV shows and movies. I'm sure YouTube has plenty of tutorials on how to download and install it on the stick.

Reactions: 1 person
He's asking this (in a different forum):

First off apologies as I think this is kinda the wrong forum for this. But it seems I don't have enough posts to post in the main forum. Forgive me if these are fairly newb questions.

As many of you know, I came across from Scotland with my buddy for the Missouri game last year and had a blast. I'm now living full time in Montreal Canada. So closer to Rocky top but not close enough!

My questions here are basically how about how to follow the Vols from outside of Tennessee or the USA.

1) I basically need a season preview guide to tell me about the 2017 squad etc. Is there any good place to read up on this?

2) I follow the vols by watching crappy online streams that always freeze and screw up whenever I watch a game.
Does anyone have any recommendations for either of the following:

A) I just got myself an amazon fire stick to use Kodi. Are there any good channels or whatever to follow SEC football on?

B) Is there any official streaming service like NFL gamepass that I can buy online to stream games in good quality? I don't have cable tv here and don't now if the Canadians really watch football.

3) I found some cool youtube channels to follow last year to watch condensed games. Any advice on these?

Anyway, I'm hoping to try and watch and follow the vols as much as I can. Loved hanging out with you crazy people when I visited. I doubt financially I can afford a trip this season. But who knows! Maybe I'll find a cheap ass flight.

Go VOLS!

Since I've been preparing to spend some time away during football season, I did a little research recently - this link compares the streaming services

https://www.cnet.com/news/youtube-t...-vs-playstation-vue-channel-lineups-compared/

I came away thinking the DirecTV Now Just Right level at $50 might be best.

By far the best place to find free streams online college football games is https://www.reddit.com/r/CFBStreams/

You can also bypass SlingTV restrictions by using a VPN service. So you would have to use the VPN, then log into SlingTV (which is like $25.00 USD per month - you may also have to get creative and use a throw-a-way debit card with a fake US billing address) with a USA based IP address.

The other streaming sites & services like ESPN, CBS online, FOX sports, ABC, will probably require that you be assigned to a USA IP address as well, so he'll be wanting a VPN service if he plans on using any "official" site. No idea how Google's upcoming streaming service with YouTube will work, but that might be another streaming route to look.

Pro-tip: If you have a VPN service and the game stream is "unavailable in your region" you can use the VPN service to switch your IP to a different part of the country.

If you use Kodi, you are still going to be dealing with crappy streams that freeze. Kodi addons just scrapes the video feed from those sites you are already using.

You might look into a torrenting engine called AceStream. It is just about the only way to get high quality streams for free. Keep in mind, your ISP can get you in some hot water if you use a torrent.

All that to say, if it is available, just use Sling or Vue. They are cheap, and good bang for your buck. It will cover every game that isn't on CBS.

Last edited:
Sling.tv is what I use.

Hell yeah for some Scots!

My great grandparents are from Dundee.

Wonder whatever happened to the English kid with no ties to UT that used to post here that somehow became a fan from across the pond. He quickly became a VN legend.

Sling TV and Direct TV only available in the USA. I can use a VPN but as mentioned i think I might need a USA postal address and card to sign up which might screw me.

Also, what channel would I need to watch the games? I don't want to sign up for Sling TV or another service to find that ESPN are showing Florida and I can't find the VOLS.

Props once again to each and every single person helping me out on this one.

Man I'd love to get back to Rocky Top this season. Sadly my bank balance isn't going to allow that. I'll be there with you at the tailgate in spirit!

Reactions: 1 person
Sling TV and Direct TV only available in the USA. I can use a VPN but as mentioned i think I might need a USA postal address and card to sign up which might screw me.

Also, what channel would I need to watch the games? I don't want to sign up for Sling TV or another service to find that ESPN are showing Florida and I can't find the VOLS.

If you're going to watch overseas and you want to *pay for content* then yes, you will need a VPN. A VPN is the only thing that will allow you to bypass their blocks, so if you're planning on streaming from your Smart TV it won't work - Slint TV will recognize your routers IP address and block you. You'd have to use a HDMI from your computer while its running the VPN, then connect to the TV. I'd suggest buying a throw-away debit card from a corner store, then pick a random address and phone number to assign to the card to if you want to try sling tv. So long as it's a valid phone number/address (shouldnt be hard at all...), you should be fine. Just make sure that VPN is connected to a US city, not your current location.

Like I said before, though. The reddit site is by far the best medium to find high quality streams for free. Just make sure you have an ad blocker enabled. Good luck.

Thanks Volunteer Kirby!

Yes I know of VPN's. I have a VPN I use which allows me to flick to different countries. I use this for watching Scottish Soccer here in Montreal Canada.

Yeah the credit card / billing address is the issue. I'll maybe take your advice on the throw away card. However these don't seem that popular in Canada.

Otherwise, I'll be hunting for streams on reddit.

I've a projector and big screen so I don't mind paying a bit to have a HD feed that won't screw up over and over again. It's too stressful when watching a game.

There are always some posters on VN that post a stream link on gamedays -- if nothing else check VN for the Game thread (Yankeevols thread)

Update on this. I got myself an Amazon fire stick and installed mobdro and kodi.
Now seems like I can get USA national coverage TV. I just gotta hope that the Vols games are being shown on the channels I have.

I can also access unofficial streaming links as previously suggested. It seems I'll need to use these which is a drag as they are unreliable.

Mike Orange(vols streaming) on Facebook streams every game live. Quality is good. Request him as a friend. Have something Tennessee related in your profile so he knows its not spam. Don't share his streaming link or he will ban you. I have watched many Tennessee games this way if I am not at home. This is a free simple solution.

VN Store

Back