3568 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on The Cornerbacks....who starts?. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 08-12-2017, 11:45 AM   #1
Vfl2407

The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts?
The Cornerbacks....who starts?
The Cornerbacks....who starts?

From what I've read, Shoop and Warren (and Butch) have said they will start two out of: Martin, Moseley, or Wiggins.

I'm really hoping that Coach Warren is making a positive impact.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-12-2017, 12:03 PM   #2
vols 30

The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts?
The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts?
I've seen enough of Moseley and Martin. Always behind the WR. If these two start, its going to be a long season.

If they ain't got it by now, they probably never will
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-12-2017, 12:08 PM   #3
mitzustu

The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts?
This is a good question. I think Martin is absolutely locked in at one corner. And Gaulden is locked in at Nickel. The other side is the question.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-12-2017, 12:09 PM   #4
Dobbs 4 Heisman

The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vols 30 View Post
I've seen enough of Moseley and Martin. Always behind the WR. If these two start, its going to be a long season.

If they ain't got it by now, they probably never will
They've both played good football before. In particular when they first got on campus. Martin was great during the second half of the 2015 season. Likewise, Moseley was great when he played in 2014 as a true freshmen. Both players did make some bizarre regressions the longer they were here. I'll chalk that up to bad coaching by Willie Martinez.

I expect Martin and Moseley to start this season. And I expect both to play GREAT. Charlton Warren is a huge upgrade over Martinez. The players already love him. Especially Martin who has grown close to him and who has stepped his game up. Justin Martin and Emmanuel Moseley will be NFL draft picks next year. That is how well I expect both to play.
VN Likes: 4
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-12-2017, 12:38 PM   #5
bornbleddinorange
we'll get em next year

The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts?
Wiggins will start right? What is the knock on his game?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-12-2017, 12:42 PM   #6
beneVOLence
Come get some.

The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornbleddinorange View Post
Culture!
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-12-2017, 12:43 PM   #7
vol-un-tear

The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornbleddinorange View Post
Warren said he is adjusting to the culture at Tennessee. That's all. Practice tempo and expectations.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-12-2017, 12:55 PM   #8
VinylVols

Baylen Buchanen played a lot last season. I'd like to see if he can step up this year. I agree about being bored with both Martin and Mosely. Wiggins should probably be the 1 or 2 at least. It feels like we have so much safety depth now that a guy like Abernathy could move back to his original position of CB if we need the help.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-12-2017, 12:57 PM   #9
Power T-Rev

The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts?
Going by practice reports, it's seems like it's Martin for sure, then Moseley on the other side. Although Moseley has been dinged up, so Wiggins may play depending on injuries
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-12-2017, 01:01 PM   #10
butchna

I think we read a lot of WHAT WE WANT out of these practice reports.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-12-2017, 01:16 PM   #11
BowlBrother85

I assume Osborne will work his way into the mix as well although I haven't read much about him in practice reports so far.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-12-2017, 01:22 PM   #12
VFLinFL
Best Vol Fan

Shamburger!! I just wanted to say it because nobody else will
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-12-2017, 01:22 PM   #13
orangeluvr

The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts? The Cornerbacks....who starts?
The coaches evaluate players daily and the ones that earn their confidence will start. That goes for all positions.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-12-2017, 01:26 PM   #14
The Dog

I will be shocked if Wiggins doesn't start and very disappointed.
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-12-2017, 01:49 PM   #15
Power T-Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by butchna View Post
I think we read a lot of WHAT WE WANT out of these practice reports.
That's kind of the point of the practice threads that Fingers posts. People draw their own conclusions, whether right or wrong
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP