Ruth's Chris parking

STL0611

I've heard that Ruth's Chris is a pretty cool place for Gameday parking. Anybody parked there,thoughts.
Thanks

Parking is all that place is good for. Paid $55 for supermarket steak, was expecting a 28 day dry aged steak rip off. You can order one of those off the internet for about the same $$ and a baked potato and salad won't total $20. Nothing prestigious in way over paying for mediocre food.
Longhorn has great steaks at a reasonable price.

Reactions: 7 people
Parking is all that place is good for. Paid $55 for supermarket steak, was expecting a 28 day dry aged steak rip off. You can order one of those off the internet for about the same $$ and a baked potato and salad won't total $20. Nothing prestigious in way over paying for mediocre food.

It's funny you say that because I've been to some Ruth's Chris that are very good and others are like you described. Very strange quality control.

Reactions: 1 person

Funny you should say this. I have often felt the same way about Ruth's Chris. Way over priced for what I was getting.

Oddest name for a steak house I've ever heard. How you like your Chris? Extra Ruth? There's a tranny joke there somewhere but I ain't looking for it.

Buy me a steak there and I shall give you my honest unbiased opinion.. this way we can get to the bottom of this

Reactions: 4 people
I can see that there are a lot of "I'd like my filet well done and also with a side of ketchup" folks up in here.

Reactions: 10 people
Oddest name for a steak house I've ever heard. How you like your Chris? Extra Ruth? There's a tranny joke there somewhere but I ain't looking for it.

I've never been there but always heard it was worth one visit.

Texas De Brazil is worth going to as many times as you can take it. It's all you can eat so show up hungry. Seems like it's $50 a pop so make it a dinner for two with someone that won't hold back and try to put them out of business. (You can't eat $50 worth of food at cost in one sitting.).

The quality of the food is on the head chef. Chris isn't cooking for all if them. I don't care if he/she is Ruth's.

Opus 9 has delicious steaks if your going to pay a weeks salary for a meal. I would highly recommend them over RC.

However, I love me some Texas Roadhouse. Best bang for my buck anyway.

As far as the real point of this thread, park away from the stadium unless you are tailgating. The walk gives time to warm your body up after a cold game before you sit in traffic.

Reactions: 2 people
I can see that there are a lot of "I'd like my filet well done and also with a side of ketchup" folks up in here.

When I was a kid that's how I wanted mine. Couldn't deal with the blood or fat. Needed ketchup to add flavor, soften it up, and make it so it wasn't so dry.

Opus 9 has delicious steaks if your going to pay a weeks salary for a meal. I would highly recommend them over RC.

As far as the real point of this thread, park away from the stadium unless you are tailgating. The walk gives time to warm your body up after a cold game before you sit in traffic.

What's that about $30 each.

I need a place with a good children's menu.

Steak and Shake is best value. Kids meal free with each adult.

We go in buy 4 meals for $4 each, get 2 to go(Great midnight snack or tomorrow's lunch.) get 4 kids meals free. They do a good job. The food is yummy and they've never treated me bad. A bunch of loud kids will be running and that's only counting mine.

Of the chain restaurants, I agree with whoever said Longhorn and it's not even close, imo

Save me a close spot. Taking the kids is always a blast, but having to walk up hill both ways gets tricky. Looking at taking the crew to the SC game. The temp should be awesome, the tickets will be cheap(It's SC), and should be an easy win this year. 120 took that game as a gimmie(I can't blame them. I did too.), I expect 121 set many things right in a big way.

See y'all at the game!

Go Vols!

:acute: I like my steaks medium and I hate ketchup. However, I do not fancy myself a high class eater. My Hardee's buiscut was delicious this morning :p. I splurged for tomorrow and bought 2 steaks from food lion for $16 bucks, going to fire up the grill and feel like a boss :)

Reactions: 3 people

I agree with you; Capital Grill and Fleming's are better than Ruth's Chris at that price point. For Shelby County residents, Side Porch in Bartlett used to have a good steak at a very reasonable price point but they switched owners to a Bama fan so that knocked them down a few notches.

Regarding Longhorn, the last time I went there I gave up more runs than UT's defense did the last half of the season. I won't be back.

Park behind downtown bar and grill on gay street it's free. You can hop on the shuttle and ride it down for 6 dollars or walk it's a little less than a mile and a nice walk through worlds fair park.

Ruth can have Chris...neither one can grill a steak that comes close to what I can do with a porterhouse...smack yo' mammy good...:)

GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back