NFL Scout: Vols upperclassmen "pretty damn soft"

Another day, another laughing-stock opinion piece from the media. We should have enough bulletin board material and motivational fuel after this offseason of outright disrespect to straight up ATTACK some teams this year. You can only hear how much you suck as a player or team so often. Even if you're Butch you've got to be tired of this kind of language about your program and players.

Prove someone, anyone, everyone wrong, please.

Reactions: 14 people
Maybe the "anonymous" scout was Kevin Simon trying to light a fire under some of our guys.

Reactions: 1 person
i would love to see Wolf come out thus year and play super tough, he is already a good player in the pasding game. Hope he uses this as motivation and works his way into the NFL.

PROVE THAT IDIOT WRONG WOLF. VOLNATION BELIEVES IN YOU.

Reactions: 3 people
Pretty easy to saw why people could think they are. We have alot of highly rated recruits that cant seem to reach potenial, have a ton of injuries (not saying an injury makea someone soft) but rather something is wrong with the way these guys are training / being cared for etc.

Reactions: 12 people
I said it last year the whole team was pretty dxxn soft except for DB. Still waiting for Gaulden to make a hit you can hear in the stands, he does a great job of blowing up Vol players at practice supposedly. Wolf, I've been saying it, softest guy on our OL last year. I no longer expect him to hit anybody and drive them, if he can just get to the point where he delays or makes somebody run around him it would be an improvement IMO.

Reactions: 3 people
My opinion has always been that if you're going to give a quote, put your name on it. Otherwise it just makes you look cowardly

Reactions: 18 people
Reactions: 6 people
Lets keep this in perspective. These are the same fools who thought Mitch Trubisky was worth the 2nd overall pick and were falling all over themselves for Jared Goff a year earlier.

NFL scouts don't exactly have the best track record when it comes to talent evaluation.

I predict we'll have 10 guys drafted in 2018.

This again.

Reactions: 10 people
Lets keep this in perspective. These are the same fools who thought Mitch Trubisky was worth the 2nd overall pick and were falling all over themselves for Jared Goff a year earlier.

NFL scouts don't exactly have the best track record when it comes to talent evaluation.

I predict we'll have 10 guys drafted in 2018.

In all fairness, do you have a good track record when it comes to talent evaluations?

Reactions: 20 people
If Admiral Farragut had been a football coach, he would put it this way, "Damn the CTE, Full speed ahead!"

Reactions: 2 people
They certainly looked soft last year at times. Hard to argue when App St is collapsing your pocket and Mizzou is setting rushing records against you.

Hopefully they see improvements this year.

Reactions: 15 people
I don't think individual players are soft, per say.

I think Butch's offensive system is finesse, and we are soft because of it. The OL lack of nastiness stands out like a sore thumb.

Now, burn me at the stake.

Reactions: 9 people

I think Butch's offensive system is finesse, and we are soft because of it. The OL lack of nastiness stands out like a sore thumb.

Hopefully Coach Wells changes that.

I agree, but I think we'll see a lot more nasty with the offensive adjustments this off-season. The way the coaches game plan with the new sets will make the offensive appearance a lot different than what we've gotten used to. There will be a lot of opportunities for a lot of guys to show what they've got.

How is he wrong about any of that? Some of you guys take this stuff too personally, and you lack objectivity. Sorry.

Reactions: 8 people

I dont know about that. Did you watch the games last year? Even the crappy teams pushed our OL and DL around.

Reactions: 6 people
I said it last year the whole team was pretty dxxn soft except for DB. Still waiting for Gaulden to make a hit you can hear in the stands, he does a great job of blowing up Vol players at practice supposedly. Wolf, I've been saying it, softest guy on our OL last year. I no longer expect him to hit anybody and drive them, if he can just get to the point where he delays or makes somebody run around him it would be an improvement IMO.

Whoa...didn't know Wolf played on the OL last year...man...what team was I watching!?

VN Store

Back