How Will McBride could become factor in Vols quarterback race

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
http://www.knoxnews.com/story/sport...or-tennessee-vols-quarterback-race/544565001/

He’s also a dual-threat quarterback whose skills seemingly fit Tennessee’s offensive system. There’s the Texas thing, too. Like Dormady, of Boerne, Texas, McBride honed his quarterbacking skills against exceptional competition, mainly from the Houston metropolitan area.

Clear Springs coach Craig Dailey can vouch for both the competition and McBride, who led the Chargers to a 9-2 record last season, Dailey’s first as a head coach.
“He’s very intelligent and can put the ball where only your guy can get it,” said Dailey, who has been an offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at other Texas schools. “He knows when to drill the ball and when to put touch on it.
“But the best thing he does is extend a play.”

The more I hear about this kid the more I'm thinking we may have landed a true diamond. He put up really good numbers against some of the best HS competition in America, plus his confidence is through the roof. I'm buying what this kid is selling.

GBO

Reactions: 18 people
The only way McBride will become a factor in the qb race this season is if both QD and JG go down to injury. Not a slight on the kid, just the simple truth

Reactions: 4 people
Wouldn't be a bit surprised if he ended up jumping QD or JG in the depth chart. Kid reminds me of Russell Wilson so much

The only way McBride will become a factor in the qb race this season is if both QD and JG go down to injury. Not a slight on the kid, just the simple truth

Probably a safe assumption, but who knows? We haven't seen enough of Dormady to know for a fact that he's the real deal. And we haven't seen anything of Guarantano. I think they're both going to be really good, but you never know. They could both struggle and then McBride would get a chance. Stranger things have happened.

Reactions: 1 person
A QB controversy would sure up views?

Editor runs off to create article on 3rd string qb having a shot

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe he won't ever play unless QD and JG are both injured.

But man, what a joy, what a gift it is to hear that our fallback-to-the-fallback QB has so much potential. And right outta left field for most of us, too!

Reactions: 7 people
Hey, at least we have these types of options and not being scared of if our QB goes down, the season is a wash.....

Reactions: 2 people
How Will McBride could become factor in Vols QB race...

Dormady and/or Guarantano pulls a Nate Peterman.

Reactions: 1 person
I hope the kid becomes elite. Having three QB's worth a damn on the roster is never a bad thing. I'm pulling for him and the rest to be awesome out there.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back