Biggest Vol Fan regret

BigOrangeMojo

The Member in Miss December
Add this to the list of asinine offseason topics..

The question is simple "What is your biggest regret as a Vol fan?" It may a game you went to or a game you missed. For some of you, it may involve a lady (or someone you thought was a lady) you met celebrating a victory.

Here's mine.....

Last year, I had a chance to go to UGA game with son but the wifey strongly suggested that I stayed in town to go to her cousin's wedding. I objected based on two arguments: 1. Her cousin wasn't ready to settle down (her divorce from this wedding became official earlier this month) and 2. WHO GETS MARRIED DURING FOOTBALL SEASON?? I relented and ended up going to wedding (at least wedding time did not conflict with the game).

I ended up making this up to my son by taking him to USCe game and Falcons-Packers game on same weekend. UT lost, Packers (son's team lost in last minute..bless his heart for being Packers fan) and ended up hitting 2 deer on interstate in Alabama on way home (I guess I like racks as much as iluvdoubledds since I hit 2 deer).

Reactions: 8 people
I regret not going to that uga game last year, especially living so close.

Reactions: 1 person
When I was in college, we were playing Ga and there was a girl from Ga that was sitting in student section with her friends that were attending UT. I shudda asked for her #!

Reactions: 5 people
Had the chance to attend the Oklahoma game at Neyland with my son....and let him take a buddy instead. Would have loved to have experienced that kind of atmosphere again.

When I was in college, we were playing Ga and there was a girl from Ga that was sitting in student section with her friends that were attending UT. I shudda asked for her #!

I'll save you the trouble. Here would have been her response (note, she's wearing UGA colors so its 100% accurate)

37guy-getting-rejected.jpg

Reactions: 8 people
I missed the 2015 game vs. Oklahoma to go to a pal's wedding; I was stuck watching the 2nd half and OTs on a tv at the facility's bar. Even with the game ending up a loss, I'd have much rather been at Neyland. 'Never again' is such an absolute term that I hesitate to use it, but I believe it's applicable to future choices between attending weddings over games in the Fall.

2004 FL game....didn't see it. was on my honeymoon, and was assured that the place we were staying at in St. Lucia would have satellite TV at the bar.

they did...but no CBS broadcast. didn't even know who won until the next day when a couple flew in from Puerto Rico, and he say me wearing my hat....and he yelled at me "hey, what a great game, huh?!!?!!"

so, until last year, i hadn't seen us beat FL since 2003.

my youngest brother was at that game, said it was awesome.

not really a regret, had a great time on the honeymoon....but at the time i didn't know it'd be 12 years before i'd see it happen again...........

I was in Iraq in 2004. In order to see a game, I needed to get to the rec. center around 3 A.M. I woke up and watched some of the L.S.U. game. We were losing, so rather than stay and watch the 4th quarter, I elected to go to chow early and head to work early.
A few hours later, some guys from Wisconsin came to my work area and commented on the game. When they said that U.T. had made a come back and beat L.S.U. in Tiger Stadium, I thought they were lying.
After the work day had ended, I checked the computer and confirmed that they had actually won.
I regret not staying and watching the game in its entirety.

Reactions: 2 people
Celebrating my grandmother's birthday at a restaurant and watching the UGA game on the TV across the room. Kept stalling leaving til the game was over and the dawgs scored their last TD. Thought that was it, so kissed grandma bye and helped uncle get her in the car, then we headed home. Heard the Dobbnail Boot call on the radio. Probably a good thing cause I would have gone bananas in the restaurant.

Reactions: 3 people
I would also say going to the USCe game last year. I certainly hope you and your son were treated better than I was OP. Never seen trashier people than the ones where I was sitting.

I started dating a guy in August of 2002, in October of 2002, he asked if I wanted to go to the ballet (red flag, anyone?). I didn't, I wanted to watch the Alabama/UT game, but I went to the stinkin' ballet instead.

Reactions: 4 people
I started dating a guy in August of 2002, in October of 2002, he asked if I wanted to go to the ballet (red flag, anyone?). I didn't, I wanted to watch the Alabama/UT game, but I went to the stinkin' ballet instead.

:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol: you chose poorly. tell me you dropped that dude like a hot rock?:eek:lol:

Long story but I'll try to make it short. I grew up in a Notre Dame family. I've always found Tennessee's football tradition incredible growing up! Finally made the trip down in 2010. The experience my wife and I had was amazing. I talk Tennessee football everyday to these buckeye fans up here! So my regret is not making it down sooner. Tennessee fans are amazing by far best fan base! Sorry so long!

Reactions: 4 people
I would also say going to the USCe game last year. I certainly hope you and your son were treated better than I was OP. Never seen trashier people than the ones where I was sitting.

I was actually treated pretty well by the USCe folks. With that being said, I got those (really good!) tickets from a fairly prominent member of the Columbia community so I think that had a lot to do with it.

Florida fans are the worst that I've dealt with and it's not even close.

Had the chance to attend the Oklahoma game at Neyland with my son....and let him take a buddy instead. Would have loved to have experienced that kind of atmosphere again.

Boro, you're right. Mind numbing loss, but I've never seen an atmosphere like that one.

I regret not going to more games when Manning was here. I'm guilty of not knowing what I have till it's gone.

I'm not even sure how to process this! :eek:hmy: :p

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back