2nd-year surge: Carlin Fils-aime

kamoshika

The first thing you notice when looking at Fils-aime is simple: He’s a great-looking athlete, and those looks aren’t deceiving. He’s quick and he’s fast, and he looks dangerous with the ball in space. If you give him a chance to make plays, he can probably make some plays.

Perhaps the most surprising thing about Fils-aime, though, is that he’s strong. He’s not likely to shatter any weight-room records or anything like that, but he played for a good high school program that had a good strength and conditioning program, and he loves the weight room. He heads into every workout with a purpose, and he’ll continue to get bigger, faster and stronger as a result.

...Jones and his staff have been publicly and privately high on Fils-aime since he stepped foot on campus. He’s a really nice kid who’s really easy to like, but coaches insist he’s also a player who can really help the Vols now and beyond. Perhaps it’s premature to slap an “injury-prone” label on Fils-aime, but no one would want to get hurt and cost himself opportunities to hold off a player like Chandler.
http://tennessee.247sports.com/Article/Second-Year-Surge-Tennessee-Vols-football-sophomore-running-back-105432601

Reactions: 9 people
We'll need a strong OL and at least two strong RB's for Butch to overachieve the way he needs to this season.

Reactions: 2 people
I really believe he's going to be a solid back up. I haven't seen anything about CF I don't like. 500 yards rushing and 200 receiving isn't out of the question. It doesn't hurt that we have our best OL in recent history.

Reactions: 3 people
It won't be much of battle as Chandler is bigger, and faster than CFA.

Barry Sanders wasn't the biggest or fastest...

Walter Peyton...

Travis Stephens...

Emmit Smith...

The list goes on and on.

Not comparing CFA to these guys, just saying biggest and fastest aint all it takes.

Reactions: 13 people
fils-aime had the game costing fumble against south carolina... maybe he can make up for it with a game winning, clock expiring, td run against alabama this season.

Reactions: 1 person
fils-aime had the game costing fumble against south carolina... maybe he can make up for it with a game winning, clock expiring, td run against alabama this season.

There wasn't ONE "game costing" play in that game.

Reactions: 15 people
Barry Sanders wasn't the biggest or fastest...

Walter Peyton...

Travis Stephens...

Emmit Smith...

The list goes on and on.

Not comparing CFA to these guys, just saying biggest and fastest aint all it takes.

My point is that CFA is probably the least talented scholarship RB on UT's roster. Your reference to Walter Peyton, and Emmit Smith is completely comical. I will be surprised if CFA is on UT's roster this time next year.

My point is that CFA is probably the least talented scholarship RB on UT's roster. Your reference to Walter Peyton, and Emmit Smith is completely comical. I will be surprised if CFA is on UT's roster this time next year.

Basing this on less than 20 carries for an entire season as a third/fourth stringer? Unless you go to practice and scrimmages you really have no idea where he will be next year.

Reactions: 11 people
specialty back...not a bruiser back...working edges, passes out of the backfield, and running off tackle behind Trey is where he'll shine best...:)

GO VOLS!

He'll contribute, and seems we've got some good talent at RB, though much unproven, much like rest of team. I just hope we learned from the past, and give the guy(s) with the most talent the most touches...unlike last year, when it took Hurd bolting before we made Alvin the workhorse. There's room for 3-4 contributors, but need 2 prime RB's.

I'm still not understanding how people have already written this kid off. We have nothing to base his possible abilities on other than a handful of carries. Is it based on the SC play last? Is it based on him being a little undersized? Most folks have already crowned Chandler and Jordan and Coleman over him. The kid came from a good program in Florida.

Reactions: 4 people

Really? He was a 4 star recruit with offers from Bama, UF, UGA, UM, tOSU, and other big schools. Giving up on him after 20 carries is pretty stupid. Although not sure why im surprised.

Reactions: 6 people
Really? He was a 4 star recruit with offers from Bama, UF, UGA, UM, tOSU, and other big schools. Giving up on him after 20 carries is pretty stupid. Although not sure why im surprised.

+1. It never stops around here. I guarantee you coaches, staff, and players read this stuff at night for pure comedic effect. :eek:lol:

Basing this on less than 20 carries for an entire season as a third/fourth stringer? Unless you go to practice and scrimmages you really have no idea where he will be next year.

I have NOT been to practice, but I have talked to people that have and their opinion of CFA is that he doesn't have the talent to play in the SEC.

I watched him in the Orange and White Game in the spring and my opinion is that he doesn't have the size, or abilities to play for UT at RB.

Reactions: 1 person
I have NOT been to practice, but I have talked to people that have and their opinion of CFA is that he doesn't have the talent to play in the SEC.

I watched him in the Orange and White Game in the spring and my opinion is that he doesn't have the size, or abilities to play for UT at RB.

Who do you know that watches practice? Im guessing nobody.

Reactions: 4 people

What is it about the name Payton that guarantees you will spell it wrong?

You got an autograph, right? Don't you freaking tell me you didn't!

Each year in the last 11... there has been a romance with the new guy. The old new guy that everyone had high hopes for didn't take the world by storm as a Fr... so he must not be any good. On a few occasions, the Fr really has been that good. On most occasions... the old new guy wasn't nearly the chump some thought he was.

People were thrilled to have CFA commit. Some were sure he'd get some meaningful PT as a Fr. He didn't. But in the background, he's been working. Now we get to see if it will pay off.

VN Store

Back