Ethan Wolf: Younger brother Eli 'is going to be a big-time threat'

kamoshika

7_5209953.jpg

"In the offseason the big thing for him was to get some weight on his body," Ethan said Thursday, "because it's frustrating for him and for me to watch him not be able to gain weight. I wish I could give him a few pounds, but I can't, so I just try and push him as hard as he possibly can and he pushes himself. He's very self-driven, but he's gotten very much stronger. He's strong, but it's weird. Like he gets stronger, but he doesn't put on the weight. He's going to be a big-time threat, I think, (for) this offense that people may not (realize)."

Though he remains a walk-on, Eli is expected to be a factor as a redshirt sophomore with the Vols looking to identify a complementary piece to senior Ethan after Alex Ellis and Jason Croom gave Tennessee a nice 1-2 punch at the position the past two seasons.

http://tennessee.247sports.com/Article/Ethan-Wolf-says-younger-brother-Eli-will-be-big-time-threat-for--104886206

Reactions: 2 people
Keep Eating , Set that alarm clock and gun down those PB and banana sandwhiches at 2 am with a quart of whole milk plus protein.. and keep getting stronger.. PS, perfect the throat punch! it will serve you well

Keep Eating , Set that alarm clock and gun down those PB and banana sandwhiches at 2 am with a quart of whole milk plus protein.. and keep getting stronger.. PS, perfect the throat punch! it will serve you well

*sammiches. Learn to spell :)

Reactions: 5 people
Eli had a nice pass snag in the O&W. I know, that wasn't on the SEC big stage, but it did suggest he might have decent hands.

I can't gain weight no matter how hard I try? Must be nice.

I was that way until 30.
I could make 20-30 % gains in the weight room while only gain 3-4 pounds. It was kinda frustrating at that age.
Of course not so much now but when weight gain is goal, just frustrating.

Reactions: 1 person
At the time EMU had the worst football team in the country, I don't call that much of an offer.

speaking of, I think they've found a pretty good HC in Creighton. pretty impressive to bring them to a bowl game in his 3rd year. that program really was in the dumps

Ethan,

If you are reading this, I can tell you how to put some pounds on Eli.

At about 7:00 P.M., after eating a big supper, open a bag of Doritos (needs to be family size) and eat about 1/2 to 3/4's of the bag while watching Seinfeld. Occasionally, eat a Hershey bar. When finished, wait about 30 minutes and go back to the fridge and get some small vegetable pieces and the ranch dip so you feel like you're eating healthy. Eat most of it and leave a little so no one will accuse you of being a pig. Microwave 1 of yesterdays doughnuts for about 15 seconds. Get a big swig of milk direct from the jug. lay on couch and watch football re-runs. Go to bed. When you wake up during the night, go back to the fridge and finish veggies and dip plus a couple of slices of bologna and wash it down with another swig of milk.

Works every time and guaranteed to put the weight on.

Reactions: 7 people
I suggest a giant bowl of ice cream followed by another giant bowl of cereal right before bed time. The order of the two is not important as long as they are back to back and right before bed.

7_5209953.jpg

"In the offseason the big thing for him was to get some weight on his body," Ethan said Thursday, "because it's frustrating for him and for me to watch him not be able to gain weight. I wish I could give him a few pounds, but I can't, so I just try and push him as hard as he possibly can and he pushes himself. He's very self-driven, but he's gotten very much stronger. He's strong, but it's weird. Like he gets stronger, but he doesn't put on the weight. He's going to be a big-time threat, I think, (for) this offense that people may not (realize)."

Though he remains a walk-on, Eli is expected to be a factor as a redshirt sophomore with the Vols looking to identify a complementary piece to senior Ethan after Alex Ellis and Jason Croom gave Tennessee a nice 1-2 punch at the position the past two seasons.

http://tennessee.247sports.com/Article/Ethan-Wolf-says-younger-brother-Eli-will-be-big-time-threat-for--104886206
I have 50lbs I can give him, but that would probably be a violation of NCAA rules 🤔.

Why would he need to eat those unnecessary carbs? They are not needed and are garbage. He needs to stick to eating a low carb high fat diet with lots of meat. That will build a strong frame.

What is Eli now... 6'4" maybe 225? Ethan is listed as 6'6" 258.

I'm assuming Eli's not fast enough for any of the other receiver positions. So how much weight does he need--at his height (leverage)--to become a reliable blocker in our scheme? Anybody ever heard a weight goal, either from Eli or his coaches?

No reason to second-guess the nutritionists at UT. But maybe he's a genetic outlier (if being able to eat and not gain weight isn't a super-power, it's a Marvel). Wonder if NCAA rules would allow some grad student will take Eli on as a research project?

As for the scholarship, it could be dependent on him achieving a certain level of contribution to the team. Maybe it's contingent on him becoming the #2 tight end.

Ethan,

If you are reading this, I can tell you how to put some pounds on Eli.

At about 7:00 P.M., after eating a big supper, open a bag of Doritos (needs to be family size) and eat about 1/2 to 3/4's of the bag while watching Seinfeld. Occasionally, eat a Hershey bar. When finished, wait about 30 minutes and go back to the fridge and get some small vegetable pieces and the ranch dip so you feel like you're eating healthy. Eat most of it and leave a little so no one will accuse you of being a pig. Microwave 1 of yesterdays doughnuts for about 15 seconds. Get a big swig of milk direct from the jug. lay on couch and watch football re-runs. Go to bed. When you wake up during the night, go back to the fridge and finish veggies and dip plus a couple of slices of bologna and wash it down with another swig of milk.

Works every time and guaranteed to put the weight on.

Add in a few beers along the way, I know for a fact this will help.

VN Store

Back