Kyle Phillips: 'It's my turn to step up'

kamoshika

6_3800102.jpg

"I'm really excited," he said Thursday. "When you're young, I mean, you just kind of get in where you fit in and just do what you're asked. Now that I get a chance to show everybody my real position, I'm real excited about it."

...Phillips, who drew comparisons to Barnett during preseason camp when he was a freshman, played decently against South Carolina and Kentucky before his shoulder began bothering him again, and he underwent surgery in the offseason and missed spring practice. "All that's behind me," Phillips said of his shoulder injuries.

http://tennessee.247sports.com/Article/Promising-Vols-DE-Kyle-Phillips-Its-my-turn-to-step-up-104242394

Reactions: 14 people
Butch lets the team participate in 7 on 7 for the first time. Kids come back saying "this is the most together team I've been a part of" and "everyone on this team has a chip on their shoulders."

If the defense improves this team will surprise some folks.

Reactions: 3 people
Butch lets the team participate in 7 on 7 for the first time. Kids come back saying "this is the most together team I've been a part of" and "everyone on this team has a chip on their shoulders."

If the defense improves this team will surprise some folks.

We have the talent.

I really want this whole team to come in playing with a chip on their shoulder.

According to Shoop he has never been around a group with such a chip on their shoulder as this team has.
Let's hope they leave it all on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 people
According to Shoop he has never been around a group with such a chip on their shoulder as this team has.
Let's hope they leave it all on the field.

I'd prefer they leave the opposing offense broken (in spirit) and battered on the field instead.

I love it seems to many times we get hyped up early,only to fall flat on our face at seasons end...Hopefully not having huge expectations will let the kids just go out and play ball.Championships are always the goal,but let sumone else go be kings of the off-season hype.

Hopefully with Phillips, that chip is somewhere besides his shoulder

Agreed! This youngster coming out of high school was one of the best in the nation as a DE. He's a junior and my expectations for him are huge. Stay healthy and prove your haters wrong young man!!!

Reactions: 1 person
I'm a big fan of Kyle. He's got so much talent and potential. I hope he can find a mean streak in him and cause all kinds of havoc.

I'm a big fan of Kyle. He's got so much talent and potential. I hope he can find a mean streak in him and cause all kinds of havoc.

Agreed! I saw him in Chili's after a game when he was out hurt a couple of years ago. Dude is huge!

The defense will be top 5-10 in the country, too much talent and a ton of depth. Phillips is an All American

We've has the talent for a couple years but talent don't mean squat until it is proven on the field. There is a reason that none of our defensive players were even mentioned for any 3 of the All-SEC teams.

I will be convinced when I see it on the field.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back