Chip Kelly to....TN?

secking

They place odds on everything now, including former coaches landing spot. Odds are good Chip Kelly will be coaching at a school in 2018. TN is listed as a possible landing spot. I think ND would be the favorite.

"Notre Dame is also one of the programs that Tom Fornelli of CBS Sports mentioned as a possible 2018 destination for Kelly.

UCLA, Arizona State, Arizona, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Auburn, Ole Miss and California are other programs that could consider making a run at him, pending 2017 results."

Reactions: 4 people
Troll.. IMO

Help me out here, isn't this the definition of a Troll?

What's our excuse this year?

Just asking for a friend.
Btw, I know a lot of Tn fans that would be ecstatic with Chip as HC. Personally, I think he would do great at TN, his name alone would peak recruiting interest across the country. Can't be a bigger name than Chip next year.

Reactions: 15 people

Btw, I know a lot of Tn fans that would be ecstatic with Chip as HC. Personally, I think he would do great at TN, his name alone would peak recruiting interest across the country. Can't be a bigger name than Chip next year.

I think his reputation isnt nearly what it used to be. Its pretty well documented NFL players hated him.

Reactions: 4 people
My opinions

1. I think we do a litte better than expected and there will be no hire.

2. Believe the new chancellor would object to someone with a showcause.

3. Agree with Butchna, just not sure he is into the recruiting aspect. Although the NFL attachment may automatically buy him 2 seasons.
But parents are putting a lot of emphasis on the "relationship" with the coach, these days.

Reactions: 6 people
ND and UCLA seem most likely. Mora wants to go back to the NFL. Pending a miracle season for Sumlin, aTm will probably make a run, but I'm not sure Chip Kelly wants to come to the SEC. He'll want serious $$$ and not many schools will pony it up.

Reactions: 1 person
ND and UCLA seem most likely. Mora wants to go back to the NFL. Pending a miracle season for Sumlin, aTm will probably make a run, but I'm not sure Chip Kelly wants to come to the SEC. He'll want serious $$$ and not many schools will pony it up.

Yep. He's not coming to the SEC but if he did it would be A&M. UT will never get in a bidding war for a coach.

Reactions: 6 people
Was it he or another coach that built Oregan up? Was it Lamarcus Coker that ended up there? Or, a different back that began with us?

No. They were good before he got there. And I dont recall any RB going to Oregon from UT. But I know for sure Coker didn't. He went to Hampton.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-07-14-19-19-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-07-14-19-19-10.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: 3 people

His name would. His obvious lack of energy would balance that out. What else ya got for us Georgia fan? :)

Reactions: 1 person
Yep. He's not coming to the SEC but if he did it would be A&M. UT will never get in a bidding war for a coach.

I feel sure aTm would pay him whatever it took. They want to win and will be looking to make a splash hire. I agree-- UT won't be in the Chip Kelly sweepstakes. I doubt there would be real interest on either side.

They place odds on everything now, including former coaches landing spot. Odds are good Chip Kelly will be coaching at a school in 2018. TN is listed as a possible landing spot. I think ND would be the favorite.

"Notre Dame is also one of the programs that Tom Fornelli of CBS Sports mentioned as a possible 2018 destination for Kelly.

UCLA, Arizona State, Arizona, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Auburn, Ole Miss and California are other programs that could consider making a run at him, pending 2017 results."

He would make a good OC for CBJ if Scott leaves for a HC position.

VN Store

Back