NEVER schedule GA Tech

TN vs Tech

• Total voters

volsportsfan

knowledge puffeth up
You do not face the triple in the sec. You most likely will never face it in a playoff ( the ACC and GA will take care of tech because they face it every year and know exactly how to contain/stop them ). If the athletic department scheduled this game while Paul Johnson was coach at tech, it may be regretting that decision in the near future. There is a difference between knowing what to do and still having to think about it to be sure, and knowing to the point that it comes natural and you can play fast. Those acc teams and ga have faced it enough that they know and play fast. We haven't.

This game in my mind is 50/50 for both teams, UT and CBJ with the most to lose. If we still had dobbs, I would be a UT lean, 60/40. We are gonna need plenty of offense to keep up with tech. Dobbs leading this offense would have given me the confidence that we wouldn't shoot ourselves in the foot, and put at least 35 on the board. We are gonna need 35 points to win this game imo. Idk if we can count on that with Dobbs gone.

Folks, if we escape with the W, be happy. Be very very Happy. I don't care if it takes a miracle catch or tech giving us the ball 6 times for no good reason for us to get the W. I'll take it any way I can get it against this offense and this team.

Reactions: 11 people
Hey OP are you scared of GA Tech?

Because you seem pretty scared of GA Tech.

No he is just making a valid point. They run the triple at a very high level. They shorten the game, control the clock, limit your possessions, and make you play mistake free football to beat them.

Reactions: 5 people
You do not face the triple in the sec. You most likely will never face it in a playoff ( the ACC and GA will take care of tech because they face it every year and know exactly how to contain/stop them ). If the athletic department scheduled this game while Paul Johnson was coach at tech, it may be regretting that decision in the near future. There is a difference between knowing what to do and still having to think about it to be sure, and knowing to the point that it comes natural and you can play fast. Those acc teams and ga have faced it enough that they know and play fast. We haven't.

This game in my mind is 50/50 for both teams, UT and CBJ with the most to lose. If we still had dobbs, I would be a UT lean, 60/40. We are gonna need plenty of offense to keep up with tech. Dobbs leading this offense would have given me the confidence that we wouldn't shoot ourselves in the foot, and put at least 35 on the board. We are gonna need 35 points to win this game imo. Idk if we can count on that with Dobbs gone.

Folks, if we escape with the W, be happy. Be very very Happy. I don't care if it takes a miracle catch or tech giving us the ball 6 times for no good reason for us to get the W. I'll take it any way I can get it against this offense and this team.
you got this wright.

No he is just making a valid point. They run the triple at a very high level. They shorten the game, control the clock, limit your possessions, and make you play mistake free football to beat them.

A valid point? Come on bro. They play in the ACC and have never managed to come close to winning it. Will we win? I say its a 70/30 chance. The triple option is tough to defend but we have a SEC defense. Just ask the teams we have faced in bowls games. We will have to play a good game to win. And I think with the players we have on both sides of the ball, we will walk out with the win.

Oh and FYI, any old Vol fan will tell you that we ALWAYS scheduled tough opponents. Never shy away from any one. Put your big boy pants on and lets GBO!!!!!

Reactions: 11 people

Not to worry, vsf. This Vol defense will have GT looking out of their helmet earholes by the 2nd half. This game will NOT be close....

Reactions: 7 people
A valid point? Come on bro. They play in the ACC and have never managed to come close to winning it. Will we win? I say its a 70/30 chance. The triple option is tough to defend but we have a SEC defense. Just ask the teams we have faced in bowls games. We will have to play a good game to win. And I think with the players we have on both sides of the ball, we will walk out with the win.

Oh and FYI, any old Vol fan will tell you that we ALWAYS scheduled tough opponents. Never shy away from any one. Put your big boy pants on and lets GBO!!!!!

Never come close to winning the ACC?

Reactions: 1 person
If UT can't handle GA TECH then we are gonna have a crappy year. Tired of hearing how scary they are and how we should not schedule them. They are easliy the six or seven best team we will see this upcoming season.

Reactions: 4 people

Supreme, My man. GT has is 3-0 against its last 3 sec opponents. Im not saying we shouldnt win or that we are not favored I just saying walking into that game thinking that we are going to steam roll them and they are not going to pull out all of the stops to beat us your crazy. They are very good. Just giving them the respect they deserve.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Supreme, My man. GT has is 6-0 against its last 6 sec opponents. Im not saying we shouldnt win or that we are not favored I just saying walking into that game thinking that we are going to steam roll them and they are not going to pull out all of the stops to beat us your crazy. They are very good. Just giving them the respect they deserve.
No they're not. They were 3-0 last year against Vandy, UGA, and UK. Then lost to UGA in 2015, beat Miss State and UGA in OT in 2014, and then lost to Ole Miss and UGA in 2013. So that's 4-2 by my math.

Supreme, My man. GT has is 3-0 against its last 3 sec opponents. Im not saying we shouldnt win or that we are not favored I just saying walking into that game thinking that we are going to steam roll them and they are not going to pull out all of the stops to beat us your crazy. They are very good. Just giving them the respect they deserve.

That's the way the GT side is looking at it. We feel the game is a toss up.

You guys are breaking in a new QB, like we are.

I believe you guys have 14 returning starters and we have 16.

To me I think it's a good matchup for both teams and I could see it going either way.

Just looking forward to the game!!

Reactions: 7 people

Just remember how "happy" people were at the end of Appy St.

No where did i say steam roll. Are they good? Yes they are. And should be respected. All I am saying is return a very talented team. I expect a tough game but a game we pull out. Simply as that.

Simmer down....the Vols are NOT losing to the North Avenue Trade School. :good!:

Reactions: 2 people
On a side note. I would have loved to see Dobbs, Kamara, Kelly, and Jennings have ran the triple option some.

This will be a good intellectual challenge for the Vols. The APR is way up so these guys should be smart enough to figure it out. I think it's a game Vols should be favored but it's not chalk.

VN Store

Back