Pretty cool interview with Dobbs on NewsChannel 5 last night...

I had the honor of meeting him Thursday night. He has to be one the the best humans on earth. Very humble and gives more than he will ever receive. No doubt he will go a long ways in life and make a difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I love Josh Dobbs, but I would honestly be willing to put good money on him never starting as a QB in the NFL. Now him moving to WR, and gaining some weight I could dig.

Reactions: 1 person
Huge fan of Josh Dobbs regular guy, not always my fav Qb. Wish hed had a damn Oline.

He will be a helluva pro.

Dobbs will be missed, but the truth is there are some aspects of his game that were painful to watch at times.

Dobbs' inabilty to lead a receiver probably cost us several scores (although his feet more than made up for those lost scores).

The biggest thing I'm glad we are past now is his throwing short on 3rd or 4th and long. That was probably his most glaring weakness. We need 25 yards, Dobbs throws 5 yards out to his nearest open receiver. It's 4th and 18, he checks down. It's 3rd and 10 and he throws to the first person he sees, which is his running back, leaving his running back out to get blown up by a rushing DB.

Unbelievably frustrating at times.

HOF? Maybe. GOAT? Very unlikely.

I got a feeling this Pittsburgh Steelers team has a chance to on a run like the 70s Steelers and win 4-5 super bowls in the next 8-10 years.

If that happens and he performs at the level I suspect, he'll enter that conversation.

Dobbs will be missed, but the truth is there are some aspects of his game that were painful to watch at times.

Dobbs' inabilty to lead a receiver probably cost us several scores (although his feet more than made up for those lost scores).

The biggest thing I'm glad we are past now is his throwing short on 3rd or 4th and long. That was probably his most glaring weakness. We need 25 yards, Dobbs throws 5 yards out to his nearest open receiver. It's 4th and 18, he checks down. It's 3rd and 10 and he throws to the first person he sees, which is his running back, leaving his running back out to get blown up by a rushing DB.

Unbelievably frustrating at times.

Blame the online coaches for short throws. Kamara made an NFL career out of dumps to the runningback. How many plays have you got for 4th and 14?

He got that as well as superstar legs.

Joshua Dobbs will be to the NFL what Michael Jordan was to the NBA.

The GOAT. :rock:

I wish him the best of luck and hope he has great success, but I think you live in one of the states where weed is legal, because that post right there was after 3 inhales at least. :crazy:

Superstar vibe, superstar signature. If only he had a superstar arm.

When he does all the little things right, he does. It is when his mechanics go astray that his arm looks shaky. That is a fairly common issue with dual threat QBs who are always tempted to run for it. If they aren't set to throw a pass, it goes wherever it goes.

But Dobbs proved he has a superstar arm last year. If he didn't, he does not make that final throw at Georgia.

But Dobbs proved he has a superstar arm last year. If he didn't, he does not make that final throw at Georgia.

You dont need a superstar arm to chuck a prayer into the endzone.

How many times did we see Dobbs throw a catchable endzone fade? How many times did we see him throw out routes to the opposite side of the field? Not many that I recall. He threw mostly screens, slants, and quick hitches for a reason. And a lot of times even those ended up in the dirt. Did he have his moments throwing the ball? Yeah sure, but he needs major improvement before he even wins the backup job in Pittsburgh.

You dont need a superstar arm to chuck a prayer into the endzone.

How many times did we see Dobbs throw a catchable endzone fade? How many times did we see him throw out routes to the opposite side of the field? Not many that I recall. He threw mostly screens, slants, and quick hitches for a reason. And a lot of times even those ended up in the dirt. Did he have his moments throwing the ball? Yeah sure, but he needs major improvement before he even wins the backup job in Pittsburgh.

I agree that he needs improvement. But if you watch the video of his bad throws and see still photos of him as he is about to release, you can see the mechanics issues. But to chuck it 60 yards and put it where only Jennings could get it. That was not a prayer. That was an accurate as Hell throw.

Your point about screens slants and quick hitches was accurate for his junior year. Last year, he hit many more long passes that went right where he meant for them to go mostly to Malone and Jennings. However, there were times he couldn't throw even the short stuff accurately.

I was as mad at him against South Carolina and Vanderbilt as anyone. Those two games were lost in large part because his mechanics got rushed and sloppy. Even Peyton Manning had pro games where his mechanics were off, and he threw several uncharacteristic interceptions. It doesn't matter who you are, if a QB's throwing mechanics are off, he will look as silly as Pee Wee Herman in a body building competition.

If someone in Pittsburgh gets him to fix those issues, and I believe they will, maybe you will see Dobbs has a great arm. Sometimes, it takes really smart guys the longest time to fix the simplest issues they have.

VN Store

Back