Josh Dobbs Football Camp Experience

#1ManningFan

Vol for Life
This past weekend Dobbs had his football camp in Nashville, TN. My son and I came down from Kansas City for my son to participate. It was a great experience for my son. He had a blast and enjoyed the time he spent catching and throwing with Dobbs, along with the drills they set up with the participants. It was a great turn out and very well organized.

Dobbs went around and interacted with all the age groups and participated in the drills that were set up. My son is only 6, so to him he felt like he just met and played with a Superhero. Dobbs did not disappoint and took the role that day as a Superhero. All though it was a football camp Dobbs made sure to let the kids know school comes first. He is everything that's advertised that you read and see on TV. He's a very humble young man who was super nice. Not once did he seem annoyed or show that he didn't want to be there. Dobbs was very engaged the entire camp and took the lead from the start of camp.

As a father when he told me my son played great today and was in great spirit I couldn't have been prouder as a dad. If he has another camp again next year we will attend again. I told him all of Volnation is rooting for him and good luck this up coming season. For the folks who ask for "pics or didn't happen" see below...

Attachments

• p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 317
  • p3.jpg
    p3.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 308
  • p4.jpg
    p4.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 305
  • p5.jpg
    p5.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 304
  • p6.jpg
    p6.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 303
Reactions: 26 people
actually...a VERY "Cool Story Bro!" Glad you and your boy enjoyed it, and Dobbs is an excellent role model for any boy...

Unlike...THIS guy's camp...

1439914545-peyton.gif

dae6ab202e0046f38c64830982f255ba561ebdad.gif

823857406.gif

Reactions: 3 people
actually...a VERY "Cool Story Bro!" Glad you and your boy enjoyed it, and Dobbs is an excellent role model for any boy...

Unlike...THIS guy's camp...

1439914545-peyton.gif

dae6ab202e0046f38c64830982f255ba561ebdad.gif

823857406.gif

Funny you posted this because he was ragging on the kids for whimp throws and not catching the football. He would tell them if they dropped it they would have to give him 10 push ups. Clearly he was joking but it reminded me of Manning's SNL skit.

This past weekend Dobbs had his football camp in Nashville, TN. My son and I came down from Kansas City for my son to participate. It was a great experience for my son. He had a blast and enjoyed the time he spent catching and throwing with Dobbs, along with the drills they set up with the participants. It was a great turn out and very well organized.

Dobbs went around and interacted with all the age groups and participated in the drills that were set up. My son is only 6, so to him he felt like he just met and played with a Superhero. Dobbs did not disappoint and took the role that day as a Superhero. All though it was a football camp Dobbs made sure to let the kids know school comes first. He is everything that's advertised that you read and see on TV. He's a very humble young man who was super nice. Not once did he seem annoyed or show that he didn't want to be there. Dobbs was very engaged the entire camp and took the lead from the start of camp.

As a father when he told me my son played great today and was in great spirit I couldn't have been prouder as a dad. If he has another camp again next year we will attend again. I told him all of Volnation is rooting for him and good luck this up coming season. For the folks who ask for "pics or didn't happen" see below...

Very cool - being a dad of a young athlete is the most fun I've ever had in my life. Enjoy it.

As a college football fan, I just rooted for whoever Peyton played for in the NFL. I've tried to like the Titans but, meh. I am now a solid Steelers fan. Go Dobbs and go Steel curtain!!!

Very cool - being a dad of a young athlete is the most fun I've ever had in my life. Enjoy it.

Thanks! My son loves football and if I can give him the opportunity to do these things I will do everything I can to make it happen. He told me in the car when we left camp that one day he'll be the QB for the Vols. My response to that was "I won't hold you back".

Makes me love Josh Dobbs as a person even more. It's good to see another role model that our university has produced that the young generation can look up to.

As a college football fan, I just rooted for whoever Peyton played for in the NFL. I've tried to like the Titans but, meh. I am now a solid Steelers fan. Go Dobbs and go Steel curtain!!!

It's not too late to come back to the good guys, things are looking up for the Titans.

Sad everybody but d4h denegraded him the entire season!

The things some of our most astitute players go through.

No, a select few mouthbreathers denigrated him through his entire career. But the overwhelming majority of fans appreciated him and know what a class act he is.

Truly the epitome of Student-Athlete. And, again, a damn fine representative of Tennessee.

Reactions: 2 people
It's not too late to come back to the good guys, things are looking up for the Titans.

I might. I feel like a bandwagon NFL fan. I'll watch it if it's on TV but I don't really have any vested interest in any team. If we've got a Vol I liked that's made it to the NFL I'll usually just pull for their team. I remember being the biggest Redskins fan as a kid because of Heath but that fizzled out.

I hope Dobbs excels. He's an awesome ambassador for our program and a good all around person.

VN Store

Back